Budweiser | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

Added by kbub6f on 11-21-2000

View: Beers
Ratings: 6,435 |  Reviews: 1,746

2.25/5  rDev -4.7%

3.25/5  rDev +37.7%

Is that a beer? One of the worst and most disgusting beer I have ever tried. Unluckly is so common that you cannot avoid. Anyway when I am in a bar with just this beer I m drinking water because is much much much better... No comment. No no no and no again

2.91/5  rDev +23.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

A - Pours a very pale light yellow that is crystal clear. Mine had 3 fingers white head with good carbonation and average retention

S - Not much aroma. Basically smells like a cornfield

T - Its a mass produced lager. Still, I've always enjoyed drinking Budweiser! Hard to describe the flavor. Tastes like Budweiser

M - Very light bodied beer. Close to watery. I used to think Bud has a creamy feel to it, but it feels more slick now that I'm rating it.

O - Its cheap and drinkable. Its nice on hot days out on a lake or around a swimming pool.

2.38/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75

Budweiser in a can at the barber shop! Couldn't resist reviewing while I was waiting to get sheared. This one had the San Diego Padres logo. Drank straight from the can, but I don't suppose they've changed the pale yellowish color from the 1950s magazine ads.

The main thing is the big spritzy sharp mouthful of carbonation. There would be no "there" there if it wasn't for the zippy fizz and the big chill. When you're thirsty, say peddling hard for 40 minutes, it almost does the job. I say "almost" because the flavor is really lacking, as you possibly have noticed.

A grainy sort of murky flavor with an oddly unpleasant faint bitter edge. No wonder the ladies don't like it.

1.75/5  rDev -25.8%

3.4/5  rDev +44.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

I have to justify with a review because I think it's decent when most AALs are rated as awful. Makes sense. I wish we would rate to style.

1.5/5  rDev -36.4%

1.25/5  rDev -47%

2.59/5  rDev +9.7%

Ah, The King of Beers. Yes, AB has roughly 47% of the market. 47% people.... sit back and think about that. Every small/medium craft/nano/micro/home brewer out there would love to be in that position.. honestly most of the great beers I've had should be. They have a time tested formula that is worth billions. They make it cheap and they make tons of it. AB gets a lot of slack.... rightfully so.... but their plain ol Budweiser isn't the worst beer I've ever had. It's down there but not the worst. If I had to say anything good about it I'd say the color and look is appealing, better than some but to me that's where it ends. It doesn't smell or taste good however the taste is minimally tolerable. I would not recommend but I would love to shake hands with the person who drinks beer but has never had a Budweiser.

1.75/5  rDev -25.8%