Budweiser | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

Added by kbub6f on 11-21-2000

View: Beers
Ratings: 6,345 |  Reviews: 1,725

2.25/5  rDev -4.7%

1.25/5  rDev -47%

2.22/5  rDev -5.9%

18 oz bottle poured into a pilsner glass at slightly less than refrigerator temperature.

L - Straw color with a 2-finger fizzy, bubbly white head that fades nearly immediately. No lacing whatsoever. Lots of bubbles.

S - A little bit of grainy malt but mostly corn. Also some acetaldehyde (green apple) surprisingly.

T - Again, mostly grain and corn. That slightly sour, funky green apple is in the taste as well.

F - Light-bodied with lots of carbonation, a crisp and refreshing mouthfeel, and a slightly dry and funky finish.

O - This isn’t a bad adjunct lager, but the acetaldehyde is a surprise here. If my home brewing knowledge serves me correctly, acetaldehyde is a mark of a beer that is too young, one that didn’t let the yeast finish its job. When I think about it, this doesn’t really surprise me since they mass produce this stuff and want to get it out ASAP. Aside from this, it’s really not terrible. At least it’s refreshing.

1.23/5  rDev -47.9%

I just had to write a review on one of the worst beers in the world.
It was between this, or Coors or Miller.
It doesn't matter because they all taste the same. Soooo...I'm killing 3 birds with 1 stone here.

Back in the day when I was drinking beer to get drunk, I didn't care, (or know), about anything diff, other than this type bs. Back in the day---Heineken was THEE beer if you wanted to drink a, so called, good beer. Even that, since I've been educated in good beer...pales.
Heineken, nowadays, is as low as I'll go.

If I were somewhere where there are only those 3 beers..(B/C/M), I'm drinking water.
I think water is actually stronger than the, very popular---to the vast majority of the stupid minion of American beer drinkers----"Light", versions of their beer.

The taste is a borefest...the appearance has, the typical yellow, blah, look to it. Both taste and appearance, just like Coors and Miller.
If you don't care what you drink....I'd suggest getting the $5 a case, Keystone Beer. I'd wager Keystone gets the same type review B/C/M's get.
I'd even give Keystone a better review becasuuse it is even cheaper than thos 3 cheap beers.

Btw---I think it is a riot how the only defender's of this beer on BA, are ones that say, in essence, "I like this beer because it is made in the, good ol', USofA".
HAHA----How plebian.
Spoken like those whose farthest adventure has been to the Jersey Shore....lol.

Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch