Budweiser | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

Added by kbub6f on 11-21-2000

Ratings: 6,193 |  Reviews: 1,686
2.03/5  rDev -16.5%

Had this from the bottle at a MN wild game today.
Before this, I had a miller lite, and was thinking macro beers really are not all that disgusting...
But then I got a Budweiser... and it was rather disgusting, just an awful grainy taste that made me rather depressed that I spent $7.50 on it.
This may be as close to cheap malt liquor in taste as beer gets.
I neglected to smell it, because I was in a situation where that would be breaking a social norm, but I have smelled it before.
(edit: original ratings are a little too harsh, I should leave room for the worse beers out there)

1.7/5  rDev -30%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Ima try n write this review without gettin' too steamed.

I find it offensive that Budweiser labels this "The Great American Lager." Hell, I find it offensive that Budweiser labels this beverage as beer.

A homie of mine picked up a couple of party packs (that's 3 tall boys a piece to you non-gangsta's) of this swill and we popped em at his pad.

He calls em "Bud heavy" cuz it's tougher than Bud Light, or sumthin'. I call em Bud nuthin', cuz they leave me wantin' somethin' else.

Nasty beer. Taste like the hood of a rusted over Ford Falcon mixed with rotten GMO corn.

Run away from this, my homies. Run!

3.25/5  rDev +33.7%

3.2/5  rDev +31.7%

can poured into a pint glass.

The appearance of the beer is typical straw yellow/golden with tons of carbonation bubbles. The head build quickly and died with a lot of noise. The aroma is husky grain sweetness with a metallic twinge. The taste is very sweet, almost candy like, with a nice aftertaste that is mildly bitter. This is actually a pretty tasty adjunct lager in my opinion. It is typical, yes, but it is also not offensive and rather enjoyable. The MF is the standard for adjunct lagers. I feel that this beer isn't bad at all for a standard adjunct lager, it is a little too expensive for what it is though.

2.5/5  rDev +2.9%

2.5/5  rDev +2.9%

1.5/5  rDev -38.3%

This is the most basic and standard of cheap American lagers.

There is a bit more of a taste than with light beers, but the cost is that you feel full and unsatisfied quickly. Other than being very easy to drink, I can't think of any other positive.

Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch