Budweiser | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

Added by kbub6f on 11-21-2000

View: Beers
Ratings: 6,456 |  Reviews: 1,749
2.53/5  rDev +7.2%

This beer doesn't deserve a full descriptive detail, but I have to mention how impressed with its consistency I am. It tastes the same as it did the first time I had it. It pours like selzer, smells like the recycling bin, and tastes not much different than the bin would on a hot day. Its a shame that the best ingredients end up with such a fate.

But I was painting my bedroom midday, and any other beer might have made me tipsy enough to have problems with edging. Fortuantely I was able to drink several Budwiesers and still get the job done.

2.12/5  rDev -10.2%

Pours a rather sickly pale shade of yellow, topped by a nice foamy snow white head which did peek above the glass. Drops a little quick though, to a thin table top head. Aroma features some grassy hop notes but also a hint of "the morning after". That is, the aroma a room picks up after a party when too much beer is imbedded in the carpets and upholstrey. Mouthfeel is overly fizzy. Taste is an oddity. There is a slight hop note, but it's a small tingle and no bite.How can a beer with almost no perceptible malt come across as sweet? Not sweet like a dopplebock, just a vague overall sweet characteristic. Drinkability? Could I drink another? Sure. Do I want to? No.

A beer so inoffensive, it's offensive.

2.82/5  rDev +19.5%

A light straw color, some hops and corn on the nose, but overally un-offensive. Some light malt and light hops are detected, thin bodied, obvious adjuncts, and a watery finish. Lacks a true body, but overall, drinkable when backed in a corner, the king in lower case letters.

1.98/5  rDev -16.1%

Pours a mild goden color, topped by a loose, white head. Aroma is slightly sweet, with a distinct grainy note. The taste is pretty mellow, with a touch of sweetness on the finish and something resembling hops. The mouthfeel is agressive due to the large and prevalent carbonation. The drinkability is a little less than average, as I can't seem to stomach more than one of these, ever. This beer has almost all the qualities of a lager I don't like, and none that I do. The King of Beers on volume alone, I must admit that they always taste identical.

2.69/5  rDev +14%

Blah blah mass produced swill blah blah.

Now that that's over with... I've gone my entire young life without ever having a Budweiser (though I have partaken of Bud Light before), so I last Thursday when I was grilling out on a budget I figured that a budget beer would go perfectly. And I was right. Ribs + Budweiser = pretty darn good. Could it have been better? Of course! But it couldn't have been much cheaper.

It poured a pale unimpressive yellow, but the head retention was surprisingly good! Smell was of hops, corn, and some funky odor that I can't place. Not bad enough to discourage consumption, but enough to discourage further smelling. The taste was uneventful - carbonated beer-flavored water. Dry finish with almost a hint of hops. This beer's best suit? You can pound them back one after the other. And, it's better than Bud Light.

4.29/5  rDev +81.8%

Yeah yeah I know pretty high marks for Bud but I love the stuff.If I had to pick a mass produced "swill" beer it would be Bud.The color is always perfectly golden yellow whether can,bottle or draft.

Not much aroma that can be defined as hops or malt-the smell reminds me of Yankee Stadium actually...hahahahaha.It has a crisp taste with just enough bite to be discernable from say Coors or Miller.Again I wouldnt call it hops or malt-probably the glycol or other chemicals they supposedly add.

An average mouthfeel but overall a drinkibility thats hard to beat.If Im not drinking homebrew or micros nothing beats a Bud for this kid.I dont care about the mass marketing and that Im paying to keep the speedboat running or the race car going or the Clydesdales happy-they make a consistantly decent product that has its rightfull place in "beerdom"

2.18/5  rDev -7.6%

Diesel is probably one of my favorites made by the Annheuiser Busch Corporation. It actually goes down very well, and I can see why it lives up to the name of "The King of All Beers." Although, changing the logo to modernize the brand might not hurt either from a marketing aspect.

2.5/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Definately not that good. A very pale coloured beer with little to no head. This is OK to drink, if it is the only option but otherwise I would go with almost anything else. This tastes like beer flavoured water and it has basically no mouthfeel. It does not smell too great either and the drinkability is crap. It is better in the bottle than it is in the can though.

3.07/5  rDev +30.1%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

In my opinion, the "King of Beers" is the best of the American macros. Do I really need to explain it to anyone? I go to school in Williamsburg, right next to Busch Gardems and the Bud brewery, and this beer is everywhere! This is always the beer that I choose when I go somewhere that doesn't have decent imports. Much better than the "Silver Bullet" or the God awful Bud Light. If you go to Pizza Hut or Outback, then I'd take this. However, if you're drinking in your house, do yourself a favor and pick up a decent beer.

2.81/5  rDev +19.1%

This beer is an average american beer. Many americans, like myself, drank this as their first beer. So, it has a special place in my heart, I can't give it that bad a review.

It is hardly worth the money it costs, but is not a beer you should snobbishly refuse if offered.

1.53/5  rDev -35.2%

Piss yellow.
Smells like nothing.
Tons of strange carbonation, definitely not naturally from yeast.
Tastes okay, better in a can, though its so damn cold i couldn't taste anything.
Had a Bud Light, tasted the same, though.
Have tremendous gas, bloating, and intestinal pain today. I guess that's completely unnatural mashing, fermentation, and bottling will do to you.
Why did I drink this? Oh, yeah, I was at a bowling alley, and then hung out with people that have no respect for even half-way decent beer.

1.91/5  rDev -19.1%

I was over a friend’s house helping do some yard work and he offered me a beer when we were finished. Now, I’m not a beer snob so I took the beer and poured it into my glass…

Pours a very pale yellow, not much to it. There was a head and lace but when I looked away and back again it was gone. Hundreds of bubbles racing to the top. It doesn’t look to bad with all that pearling. Aroma is corn maybe a bit grassy nevertheless it was very faint. Taste, well if that is what it is called, this beer had none maybe a bit of bitterness at the end but other than that, nothing. Very drinkable, it is like drinking carbonated water. The bottle should say serve VERY COLD on the side.

Yea, well The “King of Beers” is really the joker here. For the life of me I can't remember why this was such a favorite of mine in my younger days. Ya know, I had only one and about a hour after the headache started. That is why the 1 for drink ability is there.

“When you say Budweiser……you want to hurl”.

1.82/5  rDev -22.9%

Ok here goes..i reveiw the "King of Beers"..its majesty appears in the typical 12 oz long neck..the Bud label is attractive.
Now the pour..oh dear what a horrid looking beer...pale pale yellow..non-existant head..very unappetizing ( this is why it should be drank straight from the bottle).
The smell is almost none-existant..really i can pick up very little aroma..its like water..sorry i cant get anything at all..least its totally neutral not offensive.
The taste is also very subdued watery..this is a lot worse than Coors, High Life or PBR..i taste next to nothing..I am trying to get something..maybe a slight maltiness if i try and swoosh it about my mouth for 5 minutes.
rerally not good on the tongue over carbonated like most macros
Perverslly after all that its very very easy to drink..but so is water.
I have to say this is a beer for folks who hate beer.."king" indeed..the emperor has no clothes.

2.45/5  rDev +3.8%

Most everyone here puts this drink in a certain category, Macro-swill. That it may be, but as far as it goes in that category it cant be topped. I have loved this beer since the first time i drank it, now i put it at the top of the shit-beers category. Nothing special by any means, but if all else fails, this is your go-to-guy

1.77/5  rDev -25%

I had this recently while sitting in the stands of an IRL race here in Phoenix. Since the aluminum bleachers were cooking us a nice medium rare, we had to drink something, and you don't drink water during a race! So I got a big 22 oz. can of Budweiser, King of Beers. After my first sip, I think Bud should be know as the Queen of Beers, because it is so outdone by the micros of today, it makes Bud look like the Richard Simmons of the group. However, it did quench my thirst, since the flavor was not too overpowering. I can't put my finger on it, but the taste just has an unnatural flavor to it, possibly from the aluminum can, but it sits in my mouth longer that I like. It's not horrible, I just can think of many other beers I would have much rather had.

2.53/5  rDev +7.2%

What can I say about this beer that hasn’t been said already? A bartender recently summed it up when he was telling another customer about how people don’t like the draft Bud because it’s kept at a warmer temperature with the other ales – and that how if it isn’t served ice cold and flavorless, it isn’t good. I have to agree. I can enjoy a cold Bud (if I have to) occasionally. But I like water, too.

The one I had recently poured out a pale yellow with a thin head and was highly carbonated. Rice and grainy aroma.
It went down easy and went well with the seafood I was
eating. There was a decent bitterness there.

After all these years of trying this beer, the best thing about it is it’s consistency. You always know what your about to taste when you have a cold one (usually)

2.79/5  rDev +18.2%

I was at my local burger joint and they had all American tap beers for $1.50 for 16 oz. I have not had an American Lager in a LONNNGGG time so I gave Bud a try. It was poured a nice clear golden and had a good sturdy head. The aroma was as I remembered - absent. It tasted crisp and had a slight bite of hops. The beer was VERY cold and I could not detect any adjuncts - probably just as well. The mouthfeel was light and had some good carbonation tingle. For eating a hot pepper burger and fries, this beer hit the spot.

1.74/5  rDev -26.3%

I hadn't had this stuff since college, until I was out with a bunch of guys and it was either Bud or Bud light. So, we opted for the heavy stuff.

I can't see why anyone drinks this, but I guess there are people who like a watery beer that goes down quick and easy and quenches a thirst. Is it the rice that creates that distinctive bitter nasty flavor, almost burnt rubber, that seems to get lodged in the back of the throat and leaves an aftertaste?

The high carbonation throws up a bright white head that disappears immediately. The color reminds me of a urine sample. Actually, the flavor... never mind.

I had a hard time getting it to go down, and had to throw out half of it. It has turned me off to a lot of pilsners because I'm afraid they will taste the same. Just say no.

1.78/5  rDev -24.6%

Budweiser…”The King of Litter” – Larry Hallahan, Beer Researcher.

I believe Adolphus Busch would roll over in his grave if knew what had become of his beloved brewery. The largest brewing company on the planet and no doubt has the largest payroll for lawyers, accountants, marketing and advertising. To give credit where credit is due, they do have remarkable advertising campaigns. The beer itself is totally unremarkable. The lager is straw is color with a foamy white head. The thin body is made possible by liberal quantities of rice. The aroma smells of cardboard and stale dishwater with a trace of hops. The flavor is bland with the exception of the seltzery fizz and a slightly bitter back of the throat hop bitterness. Dry with some sweetness, but overall stale tasting…even within the Born on Date limits. I wish they would put as much energy into brewing a really high quality lager as they do in bullying smaller brewers with their vast and powerful legal team.

1.7/5  rDev -28%

There is just nothing I enjoy about this beer. I can't describe the taste element that tuns me off so much; perhaps it is the type of hops that is in every Anheuser-Busch product. The appearance is OK, but this is just a typically macro brew as to be below average in the categories. All in all, I'd rather drink almost anything else.

1.98/5  rDev -16.1%

I felt weird pouring this can into a glass. You might as well drink it out of the can because the appearance is just a super pale straw color with no head after 10 seconds. The aroma was a whole lot of air. I really couldn't smell anything from this beer. I really couldn't taste much of anything either. The carbonation is zingy on my tongue. This beer defines "bland". There's really not much else to say. A boring beer, the ford taurus of beers. (I consider the Taurus a very boring, yet smooth driving car. :)

2.34/5  rDev -0.8%

I, as I'm sure most beer drinkers, have had Budweiser many times in my life. The only time I drank it consistently was for a while when I was about 19 or 20, and I liked it out of the can. It never really was my favorite, I preferred Michelob in those days. To rate this, I had it in a taste test with three of the highest rated American lagers - Yeungling, Miller High Life, and Pabst Blue Ribbon. The Bud was (by far) the worst looking beer of the group, as pale as any beer I've ever seen. Small head, disappeared almost immediately. No lacing. Smell was nuetral. Taste is not bad (in this company). I am not a fan of American lagers, and this tasting did not make me want to go back to the "old days". This being said, there is nothing off-putting about Bud, and it was as good as the Miller or Pabst (the Yuengling, as expected, was the best of the bunch). Bud is a refreshing, drinkable beer, good for barbecues, fairs, and the beach. But for my tastes, I could find something (if available) that I would prefer, even in those circumstances. Ultimately, just too damn nuetral! (I took one sip out of the can, for old times sake, and it was better than in a glass! These beers are not good when left naked.

3.53/5  rDev +49.6%

Had a couple of 16 ounce cups of this in the stands at the NHRA Winternationals in Pomona, California during Friday qualifying. The kegs must have come out of the brewery the day before and just passed through the distributor on the way to the track -- because this was the freshest, best tasting batch of Bud I've ever had.

Real nice golden color. Nice, clean smell -- yet generic as nothing really jumped out. Exceptionally clean taste. No, it isn't a micro by any stretch of the imagination -- but as lagers go, this was right up there with the best of them. The mouthfeel can best be described as sparkling. Again, really clean. As far as drinkability goes, I could have had several more -- but had to lay off because I had a 500 mile drive to San Francisco ahead of me -- and a waistline which is several inches bigger than it was a few years ago.

All in all, a delightful experience.

1.66/5  rDev -29.7%

I'd drink warm water first.

Many of my friends drink stuff like Bud, but most admit it's either because of price or price or price or because it's light. Life is too short to drink something simply because you're economizing; a bottle of good spirits can be had for less than a case of Bud. Berr, or in my case, IPA should be something to be savored as well as quaffed.

Like I said, I prefer cold water, but...

2.01/5  rDev -14.8%

I really wanted to say good things about this beer. It is THE American beer, like it or not. Pours average with dismal head. This is brewed with rice as the main ingredient, but what you get is cereal grains and more cereal grains. Very dry, with only a slight remnant of hops. This is the ultimate macro. It's ingredients are crap, so is the end result. Disappointed to say the least.

Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch