Budweiser | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

Added by kbub6f on 11-21-2000

Reviews: 1,650 | Ratings: 6,061
1.84/5  rDev -24.3%

Budweiser.. A Great Beer (For the Grill) - Does Budweiser have a new marketing strategy - for the grill???

That's right folks, I always have a six pack of Budweiser on hand. I keep it right near my propane grill, so when it's time to cook a burger or steak on the grill, I have something that will very quickly extinguish the flame and not give off a horrible scent. (I wouldn't wanna waste a micro brew either man, that's expensive!!!)

Ok, ok... Don't get me wrong folks, maybe I'm being too hard on the Old King O' Beers.

Afterall, I guess if I had 4 dollars and my choice of drink between a sixer of Budweiser and a gallon of paint thinner, I'm gonna take the Bud...

Well, actually do I have time to think about that before deciding?

1.84/5  rDev -24.3%

OK...OK...OK...It's a denizen of the dross deep A-B BUD that is being quote ah-hem...reviewed. Here goes: 12. oz can flowed into a standard pilsner. Can you believe that they write about choice rice in the beer on the can label?

I realize that this seems odd to review BUD, but it’s a personal quest to return to "days-gone-by" with current brewski know-how thoughts.

Pours out very fizzy & carbonated with a faintest not even yellow color. More like ½ lemonade & ½ tap water in a glass. The suds keep sudsin’. A teensy-weensy bright white ¼” head covers the pils.

Smells of malts, and pronounced adjuncts of rice and malts.

Tastes like an oil soda. I am really stretching for flavor, here. Even after a few swirls, the flavor is unpleasant clean rice. The best part of BUD is its neverending suds that make up an acceptable feel for the 1st five swigs, prior to a leap into swill land. I honestly have a hard time drinking this so-called, self-professed King of Beers.

Last swigs: Why do people actually pay for this? It’s beers like this that help me appreciate which beers are great. Heaven is a good beer. Arg! I took one for the BA team here.

(other) Beer is good. Happy beering.

1.84/5  rDev -24.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

Yeah, I know right? Well, come to find out I never did a review on ol' Budweiser and that is because I found this 16 ounce cool aluminum can in my beer cooler. Somebody was trying to pull a funny on me as I haven't even drank one of these for a good 20+ years, and there is a good reason why. Ha! Can was chilled down to 36 degrees in my beer cooler and poured in to a vintage "Budwesier" thumb-print goblet.

Brew pours a light straw-yellow in color with really no head to speak of. Same with the lacing. Aroma is of sweet malts and grains for the most part with a hint of corn even. Pretty much is said for the taste. Not really good at all in my opinion and probably is why I haven't drank it in 20+ years. Not seeing me drinking it again either, even if it was free and no other beers to drink. Lighter to medium-bodied with high carbonation as you can see lots of bubbles streaming up from the sides and bottle of the glass. Overall, not for me.

1.83/5  rDev -24.7%

Clear slight yellow color with a white head. Very light color. No noticible smell other than a slight malt/skunk smell. Taste has a sweetness but the brew is very bland...

1.83/5  rDev -24.7%

In the beginning, Anheuser-Busch said, “Let there be beer: and there was beer.” And there was lots of beer and it was everywhere in convenient 30-packs for $9.99 when my local supermarket runs it as a loss-leader. But was it good beer? I choose Budweiser as my first beer review since it was the first beer that ever made me vomit. This is not to say the beer is that bad, but I did put away about eighteen of them. That is AB’s intention, after all. Market share. Big sales, big marketing, big volume. My first hurl on the college library steps was big volume, too.

Appearance: 5 What the hell color should it be anyway? Yes, it is pale straw and practically colorless. So what? The appearance is everything this beer purports to be. Period. Amen.

Smell: 2 Doesn’t really smell like anything good, but my friend had taken off his stinky sneakers when I was evaluating the beer, so who can say?

Taste: 1.5 My nose was pretty badly congested with snots when I took my first sip, so I didn’t taste much. After blowing my nose and clearing the sinuses, I still didn’t taste much. This is a benefit, however, if you’re intent on chuggin’ a 30-pack.

Mouthfeel: 1.5 The dentist drilled my tooth this morning, so my mouth didn’t feel too good. The beer didn’t help either.

Drinkability: 1.5 This should’ve gotten a higher score, because it’s such a fine lawnmower beer, but because I hire the neighbor’s kid to cut my grass, I watch the poor punk sweat from the comfort of my air-conditioned house and drink a Unibroue.

1.83/5  rDev -24.7%

Pours a straw yellow without small bubbly head that dissipates quick enough. No lacing at all. Has an almost metallic smell to it, with faint grainy aroma. I get that I'm supposed to rate to style, but this beer isn't tasty. It isn't the most horrible thing either. Carbonation very prickly, making the mouthfeel a bit harsh and made me want to stop drinking.

1.83/5  rDev -24.7%

OK, I am taking my BA.com ratings seriously. I will even rate a .... ugh, must I say it, Budweiser. It has a mild fruity to no aroma. It has a head of fine bubbles that disappears quickly and body with a watery weak light yellow color. You can taste the carbonation in you r mouth. I look at the glass and bubbles are still rising off its bottom. I belch after the first taste. I can still taste the carbonation on my front teeth. The flavor is weak to non-existent. Definitely a no-character brew. There is no real flavor to speak of. There was very little lacing on the side of the glass. I belch again. Must I drink more of this swill? OK, I finished the glass and just had to come back and add one more point. I did get a buzz off this beer and for a cheap drunk; I had to bump up its rating. After all, it was only $0.89.

1.82/5  rDev -25.1%

had a few of these in youth and id have to say this is a standard american beer...going back now 23 or so years i believe this might be the first brew i had at around 2 or 3 years old....i remember grabbin the bottle and goin to town little kid like and all at some party my parents where having. great first beer but will not be my last thats for sure.

1.82/5  rDev -25.1%

Ok here goes..i reveiw the "King of Beers"..its majesty appears in the typical 12 oz long neck..the Bud label is attractive.
Now the pour..oh dear what a horrid looking beer...pale pale yellow..non-existant head..very unappetizing ( this is why it should be drank straight from the bottle).
The smell is almost none-existant..really i can pick up very little aroma..its like water..sorry i cant get anything at all..least its totally neutral not offensive.
The taste is also very subdued watery..this is a lot worse than Coors, High Life or PBR..i taste next to nothing..I am trying to get something..maybe a slight maltiness if i try and swoosh it about my mouth for 5 minutes.
rerally not good on the tongue over carbonated like most macros
Perverslly after all that its very very easy to drink..but so is water.
I have to say this is a beer for folks who hate beer.."king" indeed..the emperor has no clothes.

1.82/5  rDev -25.1%

Apperance: This has to be the best quality of this beer, pale yellow

Drinkability: I would have to give it a zero becasue not long after the first bottle i have a spliting headache and its not just me cause i here that complant from lots of other drinkers

Im sorry but i can not beleave that this is the king of beers. It has to be one of the only beers even if it is for free i will turn down, and i drink a wide range of beers from light to dark. worst of all its not even american owned.

A - Very Clear- no haze.
S - Smells very lightly of hops and malts
T - Very little taste finishing with a sweet taste
M - Dry lingering Mouthfeel
D - Can pound many of these!

Typicle american beer. Not that impressed. Good beer if you are deinking all day in the sun or at an outdoor concert. other than that let the frat boys keep it!

1.82/5  rDev -25.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

My 99th beer review. I'm not sure I've actually had this before..

Very pale anemic (sp?) lemon yellow with a solid head and a little lace. Quite carbonated.

I can honestly smell nothing. Nothing at all. Air and water.

Very light body, the visible carbonation is completely unnoticeable. Some vegetable oil notes, slightly sweet with a long horrible corn aftertaste. There isn't much here and what is isn't great. Not completely horrible but only because it's so tasteless.

Not really my thing.

1.82/5  rDev -25.1%

Excluding the light versions from AB this is about as generic a beer as you could ever have. The only redeeming quality is that it is consistent although I am not sure consistently generic is a redeeming quality.

1.81/5  rDev -25.5%

Appearance - Very yellow, with little to no head, no lacing and lack of carbonation.

Smell - Skunky smell with a hint of grain.

Mouthfeel - Watery, and slighty easy to go down.

Taste - Taste is not good with almost a bitter taste.

Drinkability - Is decent if this is your thing. Otherwise avoid.

Avoid this beer if at all possible, possibly the worst lager I have ever had.

1.81/5  rDev -25.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

The color is extremely light and transparent. The aroma is not overly complicated. The taste is disappointing. Rice with a corn sweetness and a sticky consistency. The finish is soap with a mild bitterness. The carbonation is strong.

1.81/5  rDev -25.5%

Bought a case specifically for one neighbor for a party I held last weekend. Lucky me, my neighbor barely dented the case! Here's my review for a beer I don't care for but will review unbiasedly as I can.

Pours a clear straw color with white head that fades to thin film after a few minutes. Crystal clear in color. Looks like seltzer water with some beer for color.

Smells of wet grains. Nothing to desire here.

Tastes of a grainy corn or rice like sweetness. Mostly bland. Not really consumed for taste. Yet strangely not too offensive. Bland.

Very watery mouthfeel. Not very bitter. Reminds me of seltzer or club soda.

Not an attractive beer by any means. I'll need help running through the case. Will likely give away to the same neighbor. Even still, I've had way worse. Have to hand it to Bud for putting out such a consistent bland product for the masses.

1.8/5  rDev -25.9%

a beet with minimal flavor, in that it has more than bud light. But i work in a grocery sotre and we sell a hell of a lot fo the stuff.I guess it wouldent be bad if you are in an economic crunch or something, but i cant see too many reasons to pick this up when you have a beer case full of much better beers. this beer reaks a foul odor, and does not taste much better. I keep hoping peopel who really like this are just uneducated drinkers, because theres way better out there.

1.8/5  rDev -25.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

i never did expect anything great from this mass produced beer. it isn't at all a terrible beverage but when reviewing a beer compared to some of the better micros it makes bud seem very poor. the pour is a weak yellow with an offwhite head. the mouthfeel and taste are not impressive at all, kind of sour in my opinion. it does however have a decent drinkability though. overall not so good.

1.8/5  rDev -25.9%

Pours a clear and very pale yellow, with a very fine white head that dissipates away.

Smells like corn.

Tastes about the same, corn and barley malts. Watered down.

Feel is thin and kind of flat.

Not very good. Would be easy to chug a lot of but that's about it. The corn ruins any chance it has of being enjoyable.

1.8/5  rDev -25.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Sampled in a single-blind format with bottles of Red Stripe, Labatt Blue, Rolling Rock and a can of Fosters.
Fizzy. medium color. A nose of soft white bread, like a bag of Wonder. Not disagreeable but not memorable either. It is almost completely flavorless with notes of steel and water. It finishes as soon as it swallows. This is the shortest finish of any beer I've ever tasted. Overall this beer has an anemic, hollow character. Try as I might there is only a white bread crust sort of echo to the flavor. Bread crust-flavored water.
After writing these notes the identities of the beers were revealed. I was not surprised that this was what it was.

1.8/5  rDev -25.9%

Finally found this rare beer on-tap. Pale urine yellow, foamy white head. Smells of creamed corn and adjuncts, not much in way of malt or hops. Taste is very thin and carbonated, rice syrup, corn, and a funky flavorless aftertaste not unlike over-cooked rice. I think Bud is better straight from the can or bottle. With so many other choices for pale lagers, avoid this one.

1.8/5  rDev -25.9%

I will never know what made me hope this would be better than awful.

Super pale in a pilsner glass, almost no head after the initial one finger pure-white cap faded. For some reason I remember Bud being a little darker than this. No matter.

Vague malt aroma. That's about it. So little going on.

My only wish is that this had been served much colder. Maybe then it would have been palatable. Instead, it was just a sweet, corn flavored awfulness.

Decent mouthfeel despite the taste and thinness of the beer.

Avoid avoid avoid.

1.8/5  rDev -25.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Why Budweiser sells the way it does should be the eighth wonder of the world. Extremely over marketed, this is truly a bad beer when one considers the countless other brews in this world of ours. Appearance is typical for a main stream American beer. A weak head with weak lace, "Bud" is literally urine yellow. The smell is again typical for a main streamer. The taste is weak and dull. I saw where someone else called Bud "alcoholic water", and must say that is indeed an accurate description. Not a terrible lot happening with mouthfeel, either. Feels like you've got a mouth full of highly carbonated, over rated sub-standard beer. Wait a minute... you do! Finish leaves a bit of an after taste you'll be burping up for hours to come. A lot of folks like this stuff; "why" remains a mystery.

1.8/5  rDev -25.9%

This beer is not awful but it is not good either. If use to be better, I think, back in the days before aluminum cans and pull up tabs. But times change and so have some folks' tastes. Beer is fizzy and gives a good head and that is about the only good quality it has.

1.8/5  rDev -25.9%

Today in honor of the St. Louis Blues playoff game I bought an 8 pack of 16 once cans iced cold and ready overnight to be poured into a pils glass. Far from a beer snob I was fired up and determined to love this beer.

There is nothing wrong with this beer other than it is the most bland and tasteless beer I have ever had with the exception of Coors Light. Inoffensively tasteless. A major letdown.

Will stick with Warsteiner and Radaberger on weekends and Schlitz Gusto on weeknights. Schlitz is far and away the best American non-craft beer , bar none, and annihilates "The KIng."

Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch