Budweiser | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

Added by kbub6f on 11-21-2000

Ratings: 6,125 |  Reviews: 1,669

Photo of

You had this beer. Write a review.

I am not an everyday Bud drinker, but it is the most complex beer brewed in the world. I travel the world and every place I try it, is as good in the US. Also consistent everywhere in the U.S.

4.94/5  rDev +103.3%

way better than craft beer

4.94/5  rDev +103.3%

the great american lager....need i say more

4.92/5  rDev +102.5%

4.89/5  rDev +101.2%

This is MY Beer. It's the best I've found for a "normal" beer. we all have to have a stand by that no matter where in the country we are standing any bar or C store is going to have it and this is mine. Let's face it none of us are going to be drinking $12 6 packs all the time.

I prefer Bud in the can I like the smoothness of it I believe it's the rice used that gives it the consistantly smooth taste. It has a good mouthfeel for an AAL and you can buy it everywhere and it doesn't break the bank. a 5% it hits you well.

Look, when you're talking AAL you're talking mass produced, low quality cheap Swill. at this point it comes down to finding one to suit your taste. Bud is it for me.

Note: I review for the style. I refuse to let my prejudices slant any review. Nothing worse than the typical beer snob reviewing an AAL, same for your AAL drinker reviewing a craft brew.

4.86/5  rDev +100%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I poured this out of a 12oz can into a glass tumbler.
I will be reviewing this beer against the AAL category.

A- Light golden yellow, lots of bubbles, clear, with a 1.5 finger head that quickly disappears to a ring in the glass.

S- Sweet grains, some malt. Fresh water. Nothing offensive.

T- I taste grains, a teeny tiny bit of hop bitterness, some ricey taste, a little malty. Very smooth.
It has a clean taste. Not offensive.
Very palatable.

Mouthfeel- Bubbly. Watery. Clean. Light.
It has a slight aftertaste: grainy and slightly malty, but it's nice and pleasant.

Overall- I think this beer is an excellent representative of an AAL.
Budweiser is smooth and easy to drink.
I think this will be my cheap to-go beer from now on. It's very refreshing.
Pretty good for $19.86 for a 30pack, all tax and crv included.

4.85/5  rDev +99.6%

Sorry, but I just love American style lagers and Budweiser is delicious

4.84/5  rDev +99.2%

Of the American Light Lagers... this Buds for you. I give it a 5 because it is the beer that got me to like beer. I dont drink light lagers any more because as a style they are boring, and expensive and time consuming to hombrew. I can't make a better light lager than Bud. It's exclusive beechwood aging produces a taste, a smoothness, and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price.(under 7 dollars a six pack).

4.81/5  rDev +97.9%

This is another one of the few types of beers i've had. Not much to really say about it. It tastes quite good and goes down smoothly. So far this is my 2nd favorite beer.

4.8/5  rDev +97.5%

The American standard for American adjunct lagers.
The Coca-cola of beers.
All other American lagers are measured to this standard.
Thus, the King of Beers.

4.8/5  rDev +97.5%

4.76/5  rDev +95.9%

Hands down the best American Macro Beer out there. Good in any serving type, can, bottle, and tap. Appearance crystal clear golden color with a head that lasts a few minutes. Smells like a beer should. Taste, smooth pure and very clean. Mouthfeel and drinkability are exceptional, best in class and I would say best in the industry. You can never go wrong when ordering a Budweiser. This is America's beer drinking beer. It may not be the most complex or have the best palate presentation, or offer a fruity or nutty flavor, but who would want that flavor if they were actually considering buying an American Macro Beer in the first place?

Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch