Natural Ice

Gots
SCORE
Awful
Natural IceNatural Ice
Notes: Natural Ice is brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn that lends Natural Ice its delicate sweetness. It then undergoes Anheuser-Busch’s exclusive ice-brewing process, which takes the beer to a temperature below freezing and leads to the formation of ice crystals which create its signature rich and smooth taste.
Reviews: 386 | Ratings: 1,508
2.5/5  rDev +47.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Not much there there. Rather watery with no body. Bland so-called "imported" hops. Lots of corn (GMO). Alcohol predominates finish, thus totally unrewarding.

2.9/5  rDev +71.6%

If you’re drinking natty ice you know what you’re getting into. It’s very cheap, very high abv and low calorie. It’s the best ice beer you can get.

4.34/5  rDev +156.8%

Misunderstood beer. Rather remarkable, really, if you think about it. The "anti-craft" beer. To wit. Craft beers are simply malt and hop forward. This is carbonation, corn, and alcohol forward. Craft should not be too cold. This should be served near freezing. Craft brews are pricey. This is cheap and cheerful. Craft brews are heavy affairs. This is light as a feather. Craft should be served in the appropriate glassware. This you drink out of the can. It's a master class in mass brewing. Incredibly consistent can, to can. The ice brewing process is unique and the domain of mass brewing -- small craft brewers can't emulate it. 100 various ho hum IPAs on the shelves. Only a few ice beers. It's a style unto itself not to be discounted. It does an amazing job masking its relatively high 5.9% abv. Craft brews are high carb and calorie laden -- some are as fattening as a meal. This is practically a light beer -- amazing considering its abv. When it's in the 90's outside at a BBQ, ask me if I want an ice cold Natty Ice or a lightly chilled imperial stout. A refreshing change of pace from heavy craft brews. Tastes terrible, you say? No. It doesn't. It has a pleasing light flavor. Simple, subtle. Doesn't punch you in the face like many pricey craft brews. You might not appreciate the style but that doesn't make it a bad beer. To the contrary. It's a high abv, well-made unique mass-produced AAL "style" of beer, with a unique brewing process, that has its place and is an enjoyable, crushable, brew with a respectable abv.

L: Pale orange color, more orange than most beers except King Cobra. Little lacing and head disappears fast.

S: Slightly sweet and boozy.

T: Sweet, corny, no malt. Slightly fruity, a little gross but little aftertaste.

F: Very thin body. A little more carbonation than average.

Overall: I can see this being popular with people that like watered down beer, but probably the worst of the cheap ice beers. If you want a tasteless beer Keystone Ice is better, if you want a cheap ice beer with flavor Milwaukee's Best is better. Either way MillerCoors does better in this category.

3.02/5  rDev +78.7%

This is a go to. 4.99 for a four pack of tall boys. 5.9% alcohol. Availability everywhere. High drinkability. Ice cold, it is ice after all. Great for hot weather. Natty on ‘roids. No beer snobbery here. Beer taste, clean finish. I will drink this anywhere, anytime.

2.6/5  rDev +53.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I thought this actually wasn’t that bad. Yes it doesn’t look special - typical pale golden color with minimal fizzy head and no lacing. Smells faintly of sweet corn, malt and grain. Tastes similarly. But it’s smooth and mild and crisp and the sweetness is just right. Not too cloying, not too sickly, no skunkiness. Tastes best cold, decent mouthfeel for what it is (above-average AAL), decent carbonation as long as it’s kept ice cold. I’d drink this on a hot day at the beach, by the pool or grill.

2.99/5  rDev +76.9%

This is my go to cheap beer. For the price this is a really good brew. Perfect choice when you plan on drinking for the next 8 hours or so (aka every Friday night)
It is smooth as hell, hiding the moderate abv. Best served ice cold, not one that gets better as it warms. That's why this is a beer to be pounded, not sipped. That's not such a bad thing sometimes.

3.49/5  rDev +106.5%

Actually don't hate this beer. Have a funny story regarding Natty Ice: So my college girlfriend that went to another college was coming to visit me and party at my college for the first time. I was a collegiate athlete so we always had team parties. Got Natty Ice and drank 12 of them in an hour and half (didn't know they hit a bit harder than Natty Light since I was a freshman in college). Ended up passing out and puking. Pretty embarrassing, but I guess it happens. Overall, that was the only time I drank Natty Ice, but I remember it going down like water that night and being super super smooth (probably because it is a watery beer).

I absolutely love this beer ill drink it till i'm an old man. so smooth to drink and refreshing on anyday. Has high abv so you can get a nice buzz. has a nice taste of corns and malts that absolutely taste fantastic. the beer snobs really need to over look this one its fantastic for its price range.

Me and the boys killed 60 of these dogs and were ass over tin cans by 3am. Good friggin night with the boys, overall terrific beer
P.S. these brews are a certified panty soaker

1.18/5  rDev -30.2%

Color is ok. Smell is corn and malt up front but a gross, putrid smell at the end, almost like old milk. Very unusual for ANY beer. Taste is awful. Like a mouthful of soda water flavored with barely any corn and very bitter. You get what you pay for.

3.45/5  rDev +104.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

If you’re trying to rate this beer like you would for any craft beer, you’re tripping balls. Natty Ice is my go to cheap beer, the biggest bang for your buck. I don’t know why you’d pay 10 bucks more for a 30 of bud over this. Natty tastes better and is cheaper. Poor man’s best friend. Natty gets me Ratty

3.15/5  rDev +86.4%

Purchased on the 7th of January of 2019. In a 15 pack. Drank from the 12 ounce can. Light mouth feel you can definitely slam this beer. Beer snobs bother me because its all about top shelf beers. I'm blue collar and like to get boozed up. This is the beer i buy when I have a grill out or cook out whatever. I clear a 12 rack of this and I'm good to go. Its light it tastes typical to a bud product and ot goes down easy. I give it a 4.5 because it's cheap its a shotgun beer and will put you in the drunken stooper you want if thats your thing.

2.29/5  rDev +35.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

Look: Very, very pale yellow. About a finger of white head that quickly fizzes up and then disappears.

Smell: I had to go back for multiple sniffs just to try and smell anything! What I COULD smell was corn syrup mixed with wet dog. Or perhaps garbage.

Taste: A faint corn aftertaste. That's about it.

Mouthfeel: Watery.

Overall: Insipid and awful. Imagine growing up and thinking this is what beer is?

3.1/5  rDev +83.4%

I hit the wrong button and lost my review. So, let me summarize by saying this is a Malt Liquor that is made to be clean and non offensive at a very low price point. It has more flavor than Budweiser. If you drink high ABV craft beers you may find this a better beer than Bud. Good call.

1.24/5  rDev -26.6%

This had to be the worst beer I ever tried. I couldn`t finish one can. It sounded so good. Natural Ice. I thought of snow covered mountains and winter wonderlands. Lol. Instead of that, I thought of a long straw in a cesspool. I know some people that love it. They drank the rest of the 6 pack I bought.

1.34/5  rDev -20.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

12 oz. can poured into a pint glass.

L---Clear, pale yellow with a foamy head that faded immediately and left no lacing.

S---Sweet. Corn & chemicals.

T---This one is awful. After a couple of cans, I had to squeeze half a lemon into each beer just to be able to drink it. I suppose there was some sweet corn taste to it.

F---Light & watery, even with a relatively high ABV for an AAL. Carbonation was good.

3.23/5  rDev +91.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 4

This is the beer you drink at the end of the night. I love craft beer, people assume when you buy these you are a fool with no tastebuds. They are dead wrong. After 3-5 strong IPA's or stouts, you are wasting craft beer. You are drunk and ignore the complexities. You also may need something lighter and less powerful

These beers give less of a hangover than craft beers. Compare a 12 pack of Porter hangover with a 6 nattie tallboy hangover.

I guess I havent talked about the beer itself : Its good *ENOUGH*. The cheapest beer you can find. I like to also buy Budweiser 40oz's because they are around $3.20. Even that is twice as much per volume than these natties (they do taste a lot better though). The metal shines through, which for this beer is a good thing. Kind of has a hay/grassy flavor with a bit of corn sweetness. The mouthweel is kind of gnarly, seems greasy?

This stuff isnt like Steel Reserve levels of cheap nasty hangover juice. It tastes like a 5%er to me. If the last 2 inches of Natty is warm you may not even want to bother with it.

Its bullshit the amount of flack you get for drinking these. Ive been made fun of liqour store employees, random people at the golf course, parties, and all. Often these people have never even tried these natties. I have tried almost any new craft beer my local stores get for years. I know good beer. This is the best beer in its price range for 50 cents per 12 oz.

It is impossible to find 24 ounces of beer for one dollar. It is better than Mickies, Old English, etc. It is not a Malt Liqour that gives you a migraine but it is priced even lower.

I work at a liqour store, there are regulars that come in and buy crates of x15 Natural Ice tallboys, because for 15$ dollars you are getting the cheapest Anheiser Busch beer possible.

TLDR; This beer is hard to compare to any other because its pricepoint and the fact it passes as acceptable means it is the best in its category. People buying 30 cases of budweiser for 25$ are idiots. (sorry). Either drink craft beer for a few bucks more or drink these beers for half the price. Budweiser isn't THAT much better. PBR isnt also, or busch, or coors, or miller..... for 2x the price.

A 12 pack of craft is 15$ + 10 Natty tallboys for 10$ = 32 beers for 25$

vs Budweiser 30 = 25.90$

For a budget drinker who tries to stretch their craft intake, this beer is it.

A very smooth and easy drinking ice beer. Good for after a hot day of yard work. Has that sweet taste you expect from ice beer but not cloying. Wind up picking this one up often. Cheers.

2.23/5  rDev +32%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

There isn't a whole to say about this beer other than it tastes like a macro beer. It is refreshing ice cold on a hot summer day no doubt. I would certainly choose this over Budweiser or Bud Light. There is really no aroma on this beer which is disappointing. The taste is bland but there is a very slight pale note, perhaps some bread, some malt, and very light hop note. I don't like super carbonated beers....and this is among the most carbonated beer I have ever had. Simply can only give this grade C

1.12/5  rDev -33.7%

this was the most disgusting thing I have ever put in my body honestly convinced that has made me terribly ill. I drank less than five and am vomiting. wish i could rate it a zero.

1.5/5  rDev -11.2%
look: 1 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Appearance - The beer poured a clear yellow color. Carbonation was visible but very low.

Smell - sweet adjunct grains were mercifully faint in the nose.

Taste - Sweet corn and low carbonation are my only strong impressions. Everything else seemed faint. It was as though water were added to dilute the beer.

Mouthfeel - The feel was thin with low carbonation.

Overall - The beer tastes of youth indiscretions.

1.7/5  rDev +0.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Descent cheap beer. If your looking for a buzz it's a go to. I had drank this a few times in college before I was a BA. Now I drink differently. Cheers!

1.75/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

Drank from a 12 ounce can. Scores are based on the style.

Look - The font looks tacky, the big Anheuser logo is kinda weird, the prominently displayed "5.9% Alc./Vol." really lets you know what this is for, and I'm pretty sure "Ice brewed for a smooth taste" will be a lie. However, I do like the blue/black/silver color scheme, and the cheaply bombastic nature of it all has a slight charm.

Smell - Metal, but that's probably just the can. Other than that, mostly just corn syrup.

Taste - A strong corn sweetness transforms into a weird sour malt flavor. Kinda focuses on the middle of the tongue which is strange, I've never had a taste like this before.

Feel - Thin body with strong carbonation. Also has a weird slimeyness to it that's hard to describe.

Overall - A cheap beer that is very noticeably cheap. I've had worse, but not much is worse.

4.73/5  rDev +179.9%
look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

I like this beer! Especially ICE COLD. I always keep it in on hand for all occasions and especially after a long hot day working or after working in yard. I want to emphasize it Tastes GREAT ICE COLD and nice inexpensive beer.
Look- pours a nice head
Smell - malty
Taste- tastes great
Feel- great carbonation
Overall- A good beer. Inexpensive and I have an appreciation for all beers domestic, import, and craft.

Natural Ice from Anheuser-Busch