Natural Ice

Gots
SCORE
Awful
Natural IceNatural Ice
Notes: Natural Ice is brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn that lends Natural Ice its delicate sweetness. It then undergoes Anheuser-Busch’s exclusive ice-brewing process, which takes the beer to a temperature below freezing and leads to the formation of ice crystals which create its signature rich and smooth taste.
firstprev| 326-350 | 351-375 | 376-400  | next → last
Reviews: 386 | Ratings: 1,508
2.78/5  rDev +64.5%

This is a "party beer". Very cheap with lots of alcohol (5.9%). Not bad for an Anheiser Busch macro. Taste is a lot like Bud, a little dryer perhaps, with a twang of alcohol at the end. Burns going down. Not the best, but decent for a cheap beer.

1.15/5  rDev -32%

Friend offer me this beer. The smell was nothing to speak of and the color was a light yellow. The flavor was of flavored water with a sprinkle of hops? What else can I say but it tasted like Wessil Piss, and that's was the end of that friend!

1.85/5  rDev +9.5%

Natural Ice
Head: Not much.
Body: Even less.
Taste: Ice cold its not bad but at warmer beer drinkig tempeture its
Crap. I can drink this all day any day but if it gets war its realy
somthing diffrent.

Not good!

2.33/5  rDev +37.9%

For the love of god, how did I rate this so high? Pours out to a slightly, darker yellow than the usual suspects in this style. Taste is slightly sweet, with a graininess that gives way to a slight alcohol taste on the finish. Yes, I know its Natty Ice, but it was drinkable. It actually tasted better than most AB products to tell the truth. While still a watered down beer, it had more taste than a Bud. Now, where is my Two-Hearted Ale? I must've sat it down here somewhere...

1.11/5  rDev -34.3%

I guess AB figured they could sell even more Natty Light to poor college kids if it had more alcohol, thus was born Natty Ice. I had $3 in my pocket, and I probably wasn't going to miss it, so I tried a sixer of the much maligned Natural Ice.

This stuff is only served in cans in my area, so I know I was in trouble. I poured it into my glass; it was a bright straw color, with lots of fizz. The fizzy head disappeared quickly. It had almost no smell to it whatsoever, except for a little alcohol. Then I sipped: on the tip of my tongue, it tasted like burnt plastic, quite bitter. Elsewhere, there wasn't much taste: tiny amounts of malt, adjuncts, and "Pine-Sol" taste. The aftertaste has the trademark AB green apple taste, only a bit more plasticy and a little bitter. After that passes, a definite corn taste lingers. After swallowing the stuff, a few times a whiff of alcohol would go up my nose and clear out my sinuses. Definite warmth in the belly after drinking.

My suggestion? Stay away, except if you're broke and need a buzz. BTW, I managed to down this stuff when I poured it into a glass. Out of the can, this stuff is plain awfulness.

1.66/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Ultra translucent, bright gold color, largish artificially white head, soapy retention. Grainy, sweet, husky, alcohol nose, not inviting. Rather bland taste, alcohol is fusel, adjuncts are noticeable, too sweet... not worth drinking. Watery, light. Not too harsh when served cold. It is an awful death trap when it warms. Skip it.

Drink water or go thirsty before drinking "Natty Ice".

2.31/5  rDev +36.7%

Rice is nice, it's the can that does this ice beer in. When I drink Natural Ice at room temp, the taste of the plastic lined can gags me some times. Until I can get three or four pints in me, I really have to hold my nose.

When this ice beer is real fresh and cold, and the plastic taste of the can hasn't had time to migrate into the beer, the smell and taste of this ice beer improves. Not that the taste is still anything to write home about, or how it paints the palate with strokes of delight or rolls around on the tongue... the plastic taste of the can just gets in the way of a rather bland ice beer made from rice. I think that if Natural Ice came in brown glass 40’s, there would be more number threes in the review.

2.5/5  rDev +47.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

You only need Nattie Ice if you want to get hammered. There is no other reason to drink it. This stuff will make you lose your memory and turn you into a very stupid individual. So if you choose to buy it, you are in for a fun night and a rough morning.

1.28/5  rDev -24.3%

There are bonus-strength lagers out there that get their character from malt and hops. This is NOT one of them. That fermented corn taste that the pigs down at Walters' farm can't get enough of is here, loud and proud. A beer best served ice cold, and preferably to someone else.

2.7/5  rDev +59.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Presentation: Tall 22 oz brown bottle with a wide mouth opening for quicker drinking. Born On Date in bottom left hand corner.

Appearance: The traditional way to drink this is straight out of the bottle though I poured a little bit into my glass to see that the colour was of a pale straw hue and minimal head retention typical of the style.

Smell: Virtually nothing … very clean with a tiny whiff of rice, husky malt and faint alcohol.

Taste: Clean and crisp, sterile tasting with an obviously light body. Well carbonated with a smooth mouth feel. Adjuncts galore … not much malt flavour at all(soft husk). Hops barely noticeable though the carbonation leaves a little bit of a crisp bite. After taste has a touch of corn flavour then cleans up to nothing … nada, the end. This does not count for the warming sensation from the alcohol though.

Notes: Dubbed as A&B’s sub premium ice brew, this brew is aimed for one thing, to get a buzz and quick. Unfortunately they don’t tell you this and then the beer warms up to the point of no return R.I.P. Hey what do you expect for a $1.25 A&B product? Best served ice cold in a frozen mug.

Another Anheuser-Busch, Inc. piss poor beer. Malted water with high carbonation and a fairly high alcohol content. Drink it only because you need a pain killer and not because it taste good.

firstprev| 326-350 | 351-375 | 376-400  | next → last