Natural Ice | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Natural Ice is brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn that lends Natural Ice its delicate sweetness. It then undergoes Anheuser-Busch’s exclusive ice-brewing process, which takes the beer to a temperature below freezing and leads to the formation of ice crystals which create its signature rich and smooth taste.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 10-03-2001

2.7

Ratings: 1,413 |  Reviews: 348

2.46/5  rDev +39%

3.87/5  rDev +118.6%

Very light golden color with a dense head of bubbles with just a bit of an off white appearance. Decent but not crazy amounts of streaming bubbles. Actually left lacing down my glass.
Smell is very light and bready. Just a hint of sweetness in the smell which seems nice as it is not as strong as some adjuncts.
I like the taste of this one! The 5.9% ABV is almost completely completely masked with just a touch of warming on the tongue. The taste is clean and malt driven with a nice balance of hops. I mean you cannot really pick up on the hops but it is a symbiotic balance that brings out a clean beer taste.
Mouth feel is actually quite light and refreshing with a full beer taste that snaps off crisply. If that makes any sense at all.
This beer has a lot going for it which actually scares me to like something from the Anheuser-Busch side of the fence. Longtime Coors-Miller fan here. One note is to serve this beer cold because that is the way it wants to be served. Also check out the crazy prices on this bargain basement beer, I think I was just over 15 dollars for a 30 pack. And I will buy this again!

1.38/5  rDev -22%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

4.48/5  rDev +153.1%

Smells absolutely wonderful. It smells like bread, and kind of sweet. Absolutely cheap, I don't know why people try comparing this to craft. or review it like craft. That is totally missing the point of this dirt cheap lager. with the style, namely Ice Beers, i would put this above bud, and at or below busch ice. Getting into the review.
Look is yellow, typical of the style. Smell, is sweet, and a lot like bread. Taste, is some corn, and Bread like sweetness. Honestly for the price, you cannot go wrong for a party beer. If you drink light beer, and are wanting to take beer a step up, go with this. keep in mind this may set you on your ass pretty quickly as well. tallboy + almost 6abv slamming it, will sit you down pretty quick if you are used to Light beer. Personally my favorite attribute is the taste, its pretty clean, with your ice beer finish. It isn't terrible, if you give it a chance, and you aren't a beer snob per-say. Essentially, if you like Adjuncts, this one is worth a go. If you don't like the style, it isn't for you. I have memories with this one though, namely Country parties, and beer pong. so i cannot hate on it too much. if you hate light beer, but want something cheap like light beer, this may be the way to go. I cannot justify paying 22 dollars for bud light 30 rack when this costs almost nothing compared, and at least has flavor. It all comes down to personal preference.

2.96/5  rDev +67.2%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

1.37/5  rDev -22.6%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

1.06/5  rDev -40.1%

I'm sorry I'm no beer snob, but this is just sugar poison. I don't over look macro ice lager, but this crap is crap. When I drink it I feel the need to spit constantly, never get that from decent beer. I can drink crappy beer and some awful liquor no problem, I have an extremely strong stomach. This is awful poison garbage, I hate to do that to any beer.....

3.81/5  rDev +115.3%

Don't know how it pours. I drank it straight from the bottle. The taste is almost as good as anything else out there. ( Heineken's my fav. though, but costs twice as much!) It has 5.9% alcohol so gives you plenty of bang for the buck. This is pretty good, plus the cheapest price out there...I'm all for it! I don't know why it got such low ratings!

1.35/5  rDev -23.7%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

2.25/5  rDev +27.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

1.5/5  rDev -15.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

2.41/5  rDev +36.2%

2.86/5  rDev +61.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

3.38/5  rDev +91%

Look: It doesn't have a really distinctive look. Kind of bland.
Smell: I like beer that smells like grain/corn. I know it is weird but that is my thing. Very good smell to me.
Taste: Very drinkable when cold.
Feel: Fizzy like soda pop
This isn't the best beer; however, it is really affordable where I live. I can get a case for less than twenty dollars. This makes it my go to since I am on a budget.

Better piss water than the other piss waters. Tried to grapefruit it for flavor. Mixed results. Why can't the big brewer bury the little guys by making one quality beer and demolish the little guys. Cause the bean counters won't let them.

2.85/5  rDev +61%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

1.64/5  rDev -7.3%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

1.59/5  rDev -10.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Awful, stay away from it!

Natural Ice from Anheuser-Busch