Natural Ice | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Natural Ice is brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn that lends Natural Ice its delicate sweetness. It then undergoes Anheuser-Busch’s exclusive ice-brewing process, which takes the beer to a temperature below freezing and leads to the formation of ice crystals which create its signature rich and smooth taste.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 10-03-2001

2.7

Ratings: 1,412 |  Reviews: 348

1.25/5  rDev -29.4%

1.73/5  rDev -2.3%

One can really tell that natural light is an anheuser busch product. I love the taste of coors or miller (I love beer in general even budweiser is ok) but im young and havent tried any craft beers, my experience is limited to domestic beers, soon to change.
Anyways on to the review. The beer poured nice and half of it was head in the glass, smelled sort of like beer but then you take a sip and your let down.
Really this beer is only good for getting a buzz quick it tastes like watered down to the max, id venture to say it might be worse than budlight in taste and I never thought I would say that about a beer.
This was not what I wanted to buy but the store did not have what I wanted so I figures I would try natty ice. Yes I would say its worse than bud light and thats pretty bad, you cant taste any alcohol so I suppose it would be ok for chugging but I like to have a nice tasting beer not water beer, and while coors or miller are certainly not craft beer they do taste like beer.

1.5/5  rDev -15.3%

1.25/5  rDev -29.4%

1.75/5  rDev -1.1%

A: Pours a crystal clear medium yellow in color with moderate to heavy amounts of active visible carbonation and some light golden yellow highlights. The beer has a finger tall foamy bright white head that reduces to a thick film covering the entire surface of the beer and a medium thick ring at the edges of the glass. Moderate amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Moderate aromas of corn adjuncts over the top of light aromas of slightly sweet grainy malts. There is a very light presence of grassy hops as well.

T: Upfront there is a light flavor of slightly sweet grain malts with moderate flavors of corn adjuncts. There is a light amount of grassy hop flavors which impart a light amount of lingering bitterness.

M: Light bodied with moderate to heavy amounts of carbonation. Slightly thin/watery.

O: This beer is certainly much better served ice cold - it definitely does not get better as it comes up to room temperature. Certainly not offensive but definitely nothing special either - I think I remember this beer as being much worse from my college days.

Natural Ice from Anheuser-Busch