King Cobra Premium Malt Liquor | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

King Cobra is an American malt liquor with a robust and full-bodied, smooth, clean taste.

Added by BeerAdvocate on 03-18-2002

2.2

2.21/5  rDev +7.8%

Pours a very very light yellow-goldish colour. Can't stress the lightness of the colour enough. No head, but it left large soapy bubbles in the bottle.
The smell is sweet, syrupy, and a little musty.
The carbonation is REALLY high. Taste is not what I was expecting from that super-sweet smell. It is not a very sweet brew. Very light flavour with carbonation dominating the senses. The aftertaste is just a cheap mustiness. I was really expecting more flavour from this beer. More sweetness. But there's just nothing there. Maybe there's no syrup in this malt liquor. Maybe they really do use more natural brewing methods.
So, bland, cheap, and effective is how I would brand this beer. Normally a good thing for a malt liquor, but I like mine with flavour, so I'm going to have to say this one's pretty bottom of the barrel. No flavour at all.

2.41/5  rDev +17.6%

Appearance: A transparent yellow body with allot of foamy yellowtinted head and lace.

Smell: Candy like fruit aroma.

Taste: This malt liquor actually has a very weak taste. There is a great deal of starch to the flavor like a potato or something.

Mouthfeel: Thin but with a major amount of burn.

Overall: Alright for a malt liiquor very adjuct. Believe it or not, I don’t see this one in Missouri very often. I just thought that was a bit weird for an Anheuser-Busch product.

2.55/5  rDev +24.4%

Poured from a 40oz into a pint glass (or at least the first 1/3).

It's straw colored with a nice white head and lots of active carbonation.

It smells of cereal. A bit of bittering hops.

It tastes like adjunct grains with a dry, alcoholic finish.

Watery and bubbly,

Overall I prefer Hurricane from AB, and Mickey's over this one. Not awful but pretty forgettable.

2.16/5  rDev +5.4%

Poured a finger of near-white head over a clear pale straw body. Head fizzes away in no time, and a lot of bubbles can be seen flying around in this one.

The smell of sweet corn is strongest, followed by a weak malt aroma.

Faint floral flavor (is this supposed to be hops?) starts this one off, then sweet corn takes over, with the end tasting of weak, pale malt. When I burp, I get corn and metal.

It's like drinking water. There is no real body here. Lots of carbonation, and it coats your mouth with an almost sickly sweetness. This coating doesn't last very long, but the flavor is insulting to the palate.

I decided to try this one days after the house of the "Cleveland Strangler", Anthony Sowell was torn down. News stories that covered his crimes and misdeeds said that he used this beer to lure the women he victimized, and I decided I had to review it.

2.14/5  rDev +4.4%

Appearance - Pours a very clear, golden color with a centimeter thick head that dissipates instantly. The carbonation is so strong it sizzles.

Smell - The only smell I can point out is orange peel.. and maybe somewhat toasty. Doesn't smell as bad as I thought it would but it's nothing special.

Taste - Grassy, sweet, and kinda has a nutty toasted flavor to it. It's pretty bad.. The aftertaste is bitter and tastes like chemicals.

Mouthfeel - Very light body with high carbonation.

Overall - I guess it's not that bad for being $1.89 for a 40oz, but I'll never resort to drinking this again unless I'm poor. Haha

1.5/5  rDev -26.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

A: Pours a clear yellow with a fizzy white mousse that doesn't last any length of time. Honestly, I'm wondering why I even bothered pouring this into a glass.

S: Grain husks, roasted corn, and grassy, herbal hops mingle with metallic and fuel-like aromas. This smells simply awful...

T: At first, notes of mineral water, grain husks, roasted corn, grass, herbs, and cooked vegetables are easy to spot, but they are soon joined by a metallic tang and what can only be described as a kerosene flavor. The finish is prickly and harsh with mineral, grain husk, fuel, metal, and corn flavors.

M: Light bodied, dry, and spritzy. It feels gravelly in the mouth. Not drinkable in the least.

O: This is awful even by malt liquor standards. I think I may have been overly generous when I gave this monstrosity scores of 1.5 across the board. This may very well be the worst beer I've ever tried.

King Cobra Premium Malt Liquor from Anheuser-Busch