Busch Beer

Gots
SCORE
Awful
Busch BeerBusch Beer
Notes: Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
View: Beers
Reviews: 515 | Ratings: 1,852 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
Reviews by masteB:
masteB

4.67/5  rDev +134.7%

first off my group of friends drinks way too much shitty beer so this review is mostly in comparison to other shitty beers. purchased a 30 pack for a party, we usually buy keystone or miller high life. busch has a bit more taste than coors or keystone and doesnt give me a headache once i drink 14 of them like keystone will. they are easy to shot gun and i really dont mind the taste especially compared to the metallic flavor of miller. my uncle always drank busch in front of me and when i was a teenager he would give me one sometimes and reefered them "alaskan sodas". il admit its a little bit like drinking urine but they go down easy and it gives you something to do in the form of drinking and peeing all night long instead of getting too fucked off the bat. its also nice to take a couple tequila shots and then get to fine tuning your drunk and eventually passing out/ puking and you dont look like as much of a pussy drinking busch as you would rolling rock but im rambling and busch is goood

Aug 20, 2012
tectactoe from Michigan

1.5/5  rDev -24.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Once upon a time, I lived next door to a kid my age named Brett. We used to be really good friends. When we were 16 or 17, we used to always try and get alcohol and beer and drink in his backyard. He was a big-time hunter and a redneck through and through, and his beer of choice was always Busch. I was young and only cared about getting drunk, so I had no problems with it.

There was one night when him and I alone finished a thirty pack. He may have had one or two more than I did, but he's a much bigger guy than me, too. I tried jumping over a fence without touching it with my hands and ended up smashing my face into the ground. At one point, Brett was laying on his back and pissing straight up into the air. I'm pretty sure the girls we were with were gone by this point, or at least I hope so.

Brett dropped out of college, moved a few hours away and ended up getting engaged to the first girlfriend he's ever had. Every time I see pictures of him, he gets bigger and bigger, balder and balder. He still takes pictures of himself holding a Busch in his hand every now and then. Whenever I see them, I remember the time he walked into 7-Eleven and filled a Double Gulp with pop and put a tall boy of Four Loko inside of it. He got away with it and we got drunk off of one Four Loko.

This beer sucks, but it's pale-straw body, metallic, grainy aroma, and corny, residual sugar-filled taste reminds me of some of the best (and most stupid) times of my life.

I miss Brett.

Aug 09, 2012
JoeM79 from Pennsylvania

When you plop a 30 pack of this nectar of the Gods down on the counter and your local swill proprietor says $15, what exactly are you expecting? Get off your high horses with all these 1's and 2's.
A-looks like a beer
S-smells like a beer
T-wouldn't you know it tastes like a beer
M-feels like a beer in there
O-if you're expecting this to be a world class beer you need to get out more. It's a beer you can drink all day and night. While I'm a huge fan of dark heavy strong beers I always have me some Busch on hand.

Mar 01, 2013
Russ_Macklem from Canada

4.69/5  rDev +135.7%

BEER SNOB ALERT!!

American-style lager is a real style folks. Rate it for what it is, please! Sure, it's not incredibly complex and does not have aromas of chocolate, cedar prunings and pine needles. But hey, our lives are complex enough and sometimes we need simplicity. That being said I enjoy all styles of beers from Trappist ales to the hoppiest of craft IPAs. Busch has no off flavours or aromas, is smooth and extremely refreshing. One thing that makes Busch unique is that it's a bit lighter than most lagers, but not a light beer. If you need to consume a few, but still want a fuller flavour, this is the ticket. For the price, taste, and quality, it's hard to beat (around the) Busch.

I lived in St. Louis and have been to the brewery many times. Like it or not, AB makes a good quality, amazingly consistent product. Really tired of the beer snob conspiracy theories. Too bad it is no longer American owned.

I'd love to see more defunct great American lagers like Falstaff come back, or a craft brewer really take an honest shot at this category.

Sep 09, 2016
Alestorm4069 from Kentucky

This is incredibly Cheap beer. Bought a 6 pack just because i wanted beer. Wasn't really expecting much. I don't drink normally, and when i do its either coors extra gold or Coors Banquet. Honestly this is a flavorful Cheap beer. Sometimes i come home after a long days work. I don't spend a ridiculous amount on Booze of any sort, I just want the flavor of beer sometimes. I drank this. After a long 10 hour shift of physically demanding work in a warehouse walking constantly all day for 4 to 5 days a week, this is so good. Also i enjoy these with fishing. I admit i'm biased as this was my first beer. Certainly Beats budweiser and its cheaper. I never have had anything too expensive. Sam adams was the most expensive. Coming home on Night shift, and buying this, and drinking one ice cold, it seems so good. Certainly would buy this over bud light. Bought this drank it ice cold, it certainly makes A nice refreshing beer. for 15 bucks for a 30 pack or 6 for a 12 pack, you can't go wrong. Craft brew drinkers should probably stay away because they like better taste and more hops. But for a guy who just drinks a beer for refreshment, this will do the trick better than bud light, mainly because bud light is more expensive and doesnt have any flavor. Honestly this is better than budweiser. Can't go wrong with it. i buy one every night after work. put in the freezer for a bit. Then I drink it, and it is just a delicious refreshment that goes down smooth crisp and clean. I substitute this with Busch Light or Coors light sometimes. Don't spend a lot of money on booze because i'm saving up for a house. So this is good. When i usually buy coors light this beats that and doesnt have the metallic taste.

Dec 08, 2014
CIBoy10 from Alabama

3.77/5  rDev +89.4%

I'll proudly drink it any day - even over a ton of craft brews. It is what it is. For something cheap it is quite good. Get over it snobs, I'm going to buy a 30 pack for $15 at Walmart now ;)

Jan 03, 2015
mawkus76 from Texas

This is what I refer to as "lake beer" or as my father says "lawnmower beer". Basically a great beer for a hot day spent outdoors. If you worked all day in the 103° heat sweating, tired and soar, and say someone gave you and ice cold can of Busch. You would think the sweet nectar of the gods was being poured down your gullet by the almighty hand of Zeus himself. Okay, maybe I'm embellishing a bit. The taste is average but it's very drinkable and enjoyable. I love all types of beers, even a $2 can of Busch. Next time you find yourself on a hot day get a cooler full of these and you might hear yourself say "you know, this is not bad at all "

Aug 20, 2014
Todd from California

1.98/5  rDev -0.5%

Presentation: 12oz can. Stamped born on date. Claims to be "Born of Natural Ingredients, Smooth, Refreshing Beer" ... "Brewed from water, barley malt, cereal grain, hops and yeast. There is nothing artificial in this product."

Appearance: If this beer was any clearer, it'd be called Zima. Extremely pale/straw, clear with a tighly carbonated foam lace.

Smell: Kind of funky smelling. Like cold raw meat. Some grain notes too.

Taste: About the thinnest mouthfeel I've ever tasted. A very watery beer. Malt flavour is very light. Dextrin and corn sweetness, especially as the beer warms. Hops are present, only lending a mild floral flavour and touch of lemon bitterness. DMS flavours (cooked veggies) as the beer warms. Finishes slightly dry with grain notes. All I can think of is "corn" ... you really pick-up on the addition of corn adjuncts. It changes everything from the flavour to the alcohol, chemically. Plus ... it's a cheap addition.

Notes: Whatever.

Nov 20, 2000
OldeGolde from Maryland

2.74/5  rDev +37.7%

Look - perfect watery yellow. Bubbly. Makes you want to drink it.

Smell - nothing / bad like leftover corn

Taste - fizz water, grain, slides past you almost unnoticed, which is what it's going for. refreshing.

Feel - beers like this hit it out of the park with the feel. Tons of bubbles with a little bit of liquid mixed in for good measure.

The way Beer Advocate makes me break down the rating like this I have no choice but to give it a good rating. It looks and feels great, tastes inoffensive. The smell is the only thing that I can actually honestly detract points for.

I could see myself housing quite a few of these- back to back! Great to bring camping as it goes down smooth warm as well. Cheers!

Jul 14, 2017
SteveJeremy from Connecticut

1.47/5  rDev -26.1%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

If this beer mimmicks the qualities of moutain air, then fuck mountains.

Jan 13, 2015
Phyl21ca from Canada

Bottle: This is very similar to other macro beers except maybe a bit sweeter. I sometime wonder if people notice that macro beers all taste very similar in the end. Anyway, my uncle seems to really enjoy this last time I went to his place and I had this for a drink.

Aug 30, 2004
TexasRedskinFan from Texas

3.95/5  rDev +98.5%

Busch is kinda "cheap" Budweiser. Overall its made exactly the same as Budweiser, except with corn instead of rice grains. This is you ultimately average American beer. It's not fancy, its not horrible, its not as cheap as Natural Light and won't get you insanely hungover....

A friend of mine used to work for Budweiser and he said Busch is "beechwood aged" the same way... This has nothing to do with flavour. It's strictly to speed up the fermentation process without actually flavouring the beer at all.

Cold Busch is perfect for a barbeque or cookout. This is session beer. This is not high class or high hops. Busch is what your grandfather drank after mowing the yard..

Feb 11, 2013
Oreland_PA from Pennsylvania

3.94/5  rDev +98%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Let me preface this by saying I drank a swimming pool full of this stuff in college - and 30 years later it's easy to see why. It's cheap, tastes good, and gets the job done if your just looking for a good, cheap, no frills beer. Highly recommended. Head for the mountains and enjoy!

Apr 19, 2015
JustLikeMyDad from Michigan

2.63/5  rDev +32.2%

Really cheap beer my dad used to drink when I was a small child. Now that I'm old enough to drink and enjoy beers, I wanted some Busch so I can be JustLikeMyDad.

Busch is again, cheap. But not as bad as you might think. It's Crisp, light, and refreshing. It tastes of carbonated water with a light beer flavor. It's not awful, but the smell and taste don't have much going for it. It's nice on a hot summer day to have a cold one of these.

May 31, 2015
ashton0630

4.06/5  rDev +104%

Listen, this beer holds a special place in my heart. My first beer was a Busch, and the taste of it has been special to me ever since. I know it gets trashed by beer snobs, but there is nothing more classic and nostalgic than an ice cold Busch. It's clear and bright as mountain air for a reason.

Jul 13, 2015
nicholas2121 from Ohio

4.17/5  rDev +109.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

When Your Due For a Beer Busch Does It. You can't say Beer Better than BUSCH.
Busch beer is a American Adjuct Lager that is brewed by Anheuser Busch with an ABV of 4.60%. The ABV has changed on this brew to 4.30% Thiz brew pours out of a 12oz can into a pint beer glass. Busch pours out a nice golden amber color with a nice white head. There is some spotty lacing to this brew, it does stick to the side of the glass. The appearance is like every outer type of American Lager, on the market, not saying that is a bad thing. The small is sweet with some grains and malts. Really faint hop bitterness in the smell. The taste is sweet with grains and malts. There is nothing overpowering in this brew, it has a real nice balance to it. The body of Bucsh Beer is a solid medium. Drink ability is good, this brew goes down nice an smooth. The mouth feel is Bold, Clean, Smooth and Refreshing. Overall I'm giving Busch a 4.25 out of 5. I would definitely look this brew up again giving the opportunity to. Anheuser-Busch did a nice job with this one.
This is one of my top brews on my go to list.

Jun 04, 2010
Nukeman3000 from Florida

3.34/5  rDev +67.8%

I drink this beer more often than not because I'm pretty broke, So It beats drink the hard shit like Steel Reserve, or Natty. I'm drinking natty right now becuase im broker, and i want to get drunk. Its not the greatest beer, and i agree its sub par to most beers. But the number one thing its great for parties!

May 11, 2009
ChristopherWIU-UTPA from Texas

I grew up seeing the Busch Beer commercials and never really drank until I was in my mid twenties, fearing that it would be a bad beer. I was really surprised how easy and drinkable Bucsh Beer is and the lack of hangover it produced. It pours light golden, with average carbonation, and a light head. It has a ricey, malty taste, with hints of wheat and sweetness. There is a little edge, with an average aftertaste, and it is not very filling. It's not the worst beer, but not the best beer either, good for when your working out in the hot sun...

Apr 10, 2014
B-radical88 from Illinois

4.08/5  rDev +105%

As a non biased fan of craft beer, and pure American swill, I genuinely find regular Busch to be far more enjoyable than (Budweiser/Bud Light) This is not only because of the lower price, but because the taste meets somewhere in the middle of it's economic superiors. The smell might not be to pleasant to many people on here, but the body is full, the taste is clean and smooth, and after some doing yard work on a hot summer day (yes I know, the Cliché), it's excellent! The history of Busch is also intriguing to me, it was the first popular "budget beer" of the 1950's, always one of my favorite classics, if not my favorite, cheers!

Apr 09, 2016
AZBeerDude72 from Arizona

2.13/5  rDev +7%

Pours golden color with some good foam and mild lacing. Smells of light hops, grains. and sugar. The taste is ok, this is meant to be a light beer and hits the mark. Get a good grainy taste with mild malty sweetness and light hops notes. Overall it is what it was meant to be, crushable on hot summer day without a heavy hit.

Jun 09, 2017
BeerLouie from Colorado

4.74/5  rDev +138.2%

This a cheap good one, smooth, I love it. It gets the job done. And the best part, you sleep like a rock when you get loaded off of it. It’s not bad at all! Get it!

May 24, 2018
ordybill from Georgia

This is a pale colored lager poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. It has minimal head and had little "bite" or a strong beer taste. A popular "dad's" beer from the 70-90s and still popular with the young adults on a fixed budget. Not horrible, but definitely not a craft beer.

Jan 27, 2015
Beer_Weeb from Virginia

2.58/5  rDev +29.6%

Busch isn't going to be winning any awards, but it's the go-to beer for me and my friends. It's pretty cheap and it gets the job done. When I first gave it a shot, I thought it was about 4/10, but over time I've slowly devolved a taste for it. Perhaps the good times I've had with friends while having this beer have created a kind of nostalgia, perhaps I just have bad taste, but I truly enjoy this beer these days.

It has a mostly mild and unoffensive taste, and it's pretty easy to drink as long as you take it a bit slow. It works well cold, and also mildly cold, I don't think I'd want it warm though hah.

May 06, 2017
MichaelGennings from Canada

Thick white head. Pale yellow colour.

The smell is very light malted barley and extremely light hops.

Taste is similar.

Body is light and the finish is crisp.

Best enjoyed icy cold.

Jul 07, 2017
mark5692 from New York

3.74/5  rDev +87.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

When you pay $16 for 30 beers you can't really complain too much. Busch is easily one of the tops for its price. It's a cheap beer but yet holds some flavor, is smooth and refreshing. Wish it had more alcohol volume but probably a great budget beer to say the least.

Aug 16, 2015