Busch Beer

Nov 20, 2000
SCORE
Awful
Busch BeerBusch Beer
Notes: Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.
View: More Beers
Recent ratings and reviews. | Log in to view more ratings + sorting options.
Ratings by tekstr1der:
1.67/5  rDev -19.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75
by tekstr1der from New Hampshire

I'm sure I must have had this back in high school and forgotten, but I'm recently revisiting any AAL I can find. Oh my is this abysmal. I just had an Old Milwaukee and it was a gem in comparison. Pours piss yellow with bubbles that fade to nothing. Aroma - I had to smell this multiple times to confirm with my sensitive sniffer - is wet cardboard. First time I've ever engaged the lowest end of the scale after near 1k beers. Flavors are much "better", in that it's remotely palatable, though I'm not certain what the heck is going on - just corn/grain? Dunnoh, but finishes fairly dry and clean thankfully, though with a bit of metallic. Yikes.

May 19, 2022
More User Ratings:

5 by snoopdoug from Missouri on Jun 20, 2022
2.78/5  rDev +33.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.75
by JZH1000 from Colorado

Poured from an undated 12oz can

On the pour a big 3+ finger head forms in my pint glass that actually looks pretty nice but it quickly fades down allowing me to fit the whole can no problem. Over a couple minutes the head fades to a ring around the glass and some light carbonation floating on tip. Body is very carbonated and a golden yellow. On the first sip it tries to form lacing but it quickly sags to become just some clusters of bubbles stuck to the glass.

Aroma is basically all tart cheap unpleasant poorly treated lager yeast. There's maybe a slight hint of hops, maybe and a very light hint of corny maltiness on the back.

Flavor largely follows the aroma woth the tartness sticking around and essentially no bitterness the finish is a vaguely sweet corny light malt. Pretty simple and not great.

Feel is decent and honestly has a bit of body to it. Despite the lightness in other categories this is a bit surprising, however it is VERY strongly carbonated almost to a ridiculous degree, which honestly combined woth other aspects of the feel lend to fast drinking and surprising refreshing vibe to it despite the lower quality.

Overall this beer is what it is. Super easy to drink and not much else. Yeah it has some malt character but it's largely covered by flaws and the only redeeming feature of it is just how much of a lawnmower/frat beer this is.

Jun 12, 2022
1.97/5  rDev -5.3%
by GratefulBeerGuy from New Hampshire

Pretty shocked I've never reviewed this!

Look: Classic pale golden color, obvious carbonation with the thin, white foam cap.

Nose: Sweet corn and light malted grains, like wheat or hay. Maybe some green, grassy scented hop and tangy, metallic sharpness.

Feel & Flavor: Certainly crisp, very light and pretty jazzy. Cream 'i corn sweetness with very lightly malted field grains, more sweetness with a tangy edge and green, herbal, maybe even spice blend, like from Grandma's kitchen.

Overall: It's pretty much the classic American adjunct light lager through and through. Personally it's one and done for me.

Jun 09, 2022

2.35 by MJ64 from Mississippi on Apr 16, 2022

3.96 by SFHbeerME from Maine on Apr 12, 2022
3.03/5  rDev +45.7%
by Spark420

Picked up a tall can at the beer store (Ontario) for $2 which was on sale, normal price $2.25. It’s not the worst beer I’ve had but don’t see myself buying this again. There is better options at this price point.

Feb 25, 2022
3.67/5  rDev +76.4%
by Sambo4 from Alabama

Really smooth beer for price. Super tasty after yard work

Jan 04, 2022

2.16 by aklavall from Canada (AB) on Jan 03, 2022

2.19 by mdaschaf from Indiana on Jan 01, 2022

2.25 by smcel371 from New York on Dec 31, 2021

2.13 by CisPiece88 from Nebraska on Dec 17, 2021
2.92/5  rDev +40.4%
by wadamslll

This is the beer of my college days. I drank so much Busch over a 4 year period, out of a keg, I have very little memory of that time period. Went up to Circle K to fill truck up with gas, so I was of course then low on funds and didn’t want to spend over $10 for a 12 pack of something. I already know I am shooting low. Was gonna buy Budweiser till my eye spotted the limited edition Busch 12er for 9.99. Had to. Just for nostalgia. It’s pretty bad, tastes kind of like beer. Budweiser which also is a poor beer tastes a smidge better. But my only other option was an 18 pack of Rolling Rock for $15. Which I probably will but next time I fill up truck for gas. I have Busch a 3, but really it’s more like 2.5-2.75 overall. But a good memory of when very little mattered and I was just pounding plastic cups of keg Busch beer.

Dec 14, 2021
4.8/5  rDev +130.8%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75
by Scotty667 from Tennessee

So Many People Trash this Beer I think Because it's cheap but I love this beer !

Dec 01, 2021

1.83 by LesDewitt4beer from Minnesota on Nov 18, 2021
4.92/5  rDev +136.5%
by soapspray

This is a beer that is beyond refreshing and is perhaps the most underrated beer for its price point. Yeah it may not look as good as a craft beer, but smell just reminds you of relaxation and bliss. It just feels so nice as it pours down your throat, cooling you down after a long hot day outside. The mild yet great taste of Busch is what people look for after a long day’s worth of hard work. There’s nothing like an ice cold Busch during a hot fishing trip at the river.

Nov 17, 2021
2.8/5  rDev +34.6%
by VolInJax

This is a solid , cheap hot weekend beer for a budget. #DrinkWhatYouLike

Oct 29, 2021

1.85 by Isaac_L95 from Canada (ON) on Oct 12, 2021

1.8 by SadMachine from New Jersey on Oct 09, 2021
3.03/5  rDev +45.7%
by Joefromgeorgia from Georgia

Its a cheap American corn beer, the f*ck do you want? Why come on this site to bitch when you know what it is? This isnt a craft, ipa, micro brewshit. It a beer you buy to drink after work or at the dock or vegged out while watching football. If you can find it in a tallboy you know what it is. Not great, not awful, some foam, only skunked if warm. I cant believe theres a light version of it based on how light this one is, i would never try that, but Michelob light exists so hell maybe theres some kinda trashy golf fan out there who it would be perfect for. Its middle line American beer, dont bitch, if you like budlight you wouldnt be able to tell the difference blindfolded. Throw me one, can or bottle if it exists, i wont complain.

Sep 17, 2021
1.03/5  rDev -50.5%
by IAmVeryTired

Honestly, I made an account because of how wrong I think the current score is for this beer. There's no way busch isn't paying for reviews on this site or something. I've been known to drink shitty beer in the past but this one really puts the SHITTY in shitty beer. It's simultaneously too sweet and also lacking in flavor. It leaves an awful taste in your mouth. In my opinion, literally every other beer at the same price point is better.

Aug 23, 2021

2.5 by cdub70085 from Connecticut on Aug 19, 2021
2.23/5  rDev +7.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25
by jimmah120 from Minnesota

12oz can - review from notes

This is a decent adjunct, I like how clean it drinks. You need to keep it ice cold, but that goes without saying for the style. Just okay, with very little off-flavors (a little skunk and rotting corn water, especially if it heats up)

its okay for p*ss-water

Jul 31, 2021
by Tacoma223 from New York

Least offensive mass produced beer, taste great, love it will forever have a soft spot for Busch

Jul 28, 2021

2.41 by NickMunford from Wyoming on Jul 14, 2021

3.41/5  rDev +63.9%
by lflotron from Florida

I don't understand what the fuss is about. This isn't the best beer but it isn't the worst either. Perfect for when you are on a budget or having a party.

May 22, 2021

3 by GRhoads from Ohio on May 04, 2021
1.84/5  rDev -11.5%
by Singlefinpin from North Carolina

Drinking this at a friend's house, free beer is good beer, right?
Well no, not necessarily.
Looks light golden yellow with a nice foamy head that dropped quickly to zero and no visible lacing.
Smells like corn, I know there are people who like corn in beer, but I do not.
Taste follows the nose.
Mouth feel is light for the style.
Overall free beer is sometimes okay beer and that is okay.
Cheers!

Apr 30, 2021
3.24/5  rDev +55.8%
by Detour12 from Massachusetts

Not bad for a cheap beer

It does have a beer flavor but its light still good

Probably will get more in the future

Apr 27, 2021

3.26 by MatthewJW from Wisconsin on Mar 29, 2021
3.82/5  rDev +83.7%
by UncleReemus78 from Texas

I'm a connoisseur and I have tasted some of the best rated beers along with the worst rated beers and living in Southwest Texas all my life I've learned that the majority of people in my area like crap commercial beer and think craft beer is terrible. An excellent beer to them is Natural Light which is if I'm not mistaken the lowest rated beer on BA. It's always hot here so after a blazing hot workday you won't discriminate an ice cold beer especially if it is offered to you. I had a Milwaukee's Best one time that was so good and so refreshing but only under extreme conditions. Beers like Budwieser, Busch, Lone Star, Coors, and Miller I prefer to drink with the addition of key lime juice and salt. I also prefer cans for this because you can break the tab off, use a lime to wipe all over the top and then salt it. It's the only way I can enjoy these types of beers but when money is tight I usually get Miller Highlife or Lone Star. I had to buy Busch today because I couldn't find a store carrying the ones I wanted. Now I will discuss the attributes without the addition of lime and salt.

Looks: If you hadn't poured it yourself you'd think it was a glass of ice cold piss.
Smell: Smells like ass with a hint of corn. Maybe peanut
Taste: Tastes like whoever brewed it had no concern to mask the alcohol which has a small amount of methanol along side the ethanol.
Feel: The mouth feel is not something that is worth rating. You wanna swallow as fast as you can. Do not swish.
Overall: Overall this beer is tolerable but far from gourmet. A commercial beer will always have low ratings.

Mar 14, 2021

1.5 by emiliobaratta from Venezuela on Mar 04, 2021

2.79 by hybridnoisebloom from Wisconsin on Feb 28, 2021

2.75 by AndrewFord666 from Illinois on Feb 05, 2021
2.45/5  rDev +17.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 4
by Preston_Belfast from Florida

Upon opening it, I felt as if a dead skunk had farted directly into my face. I then noticed the sweet aroma, which had hints of Zyklon B, Sarin, and rotting fecal matter. Mild undertones of oak. As it pours into the mouth you notice the dread first. An abomination such as this biological horror is an affront to God Himself. The foam coats your tongue and stings like razor blades coated with ghost pepper and salt. It goes down like Fluoroantimonic acid and triggers a wave of potentially deadly seizures. The more brew that flows FROM the can, the more of your soul flows IN to the can. The aftertaste is comparable to going down on an old Taiwanese hooker at the end of her shift, in the dark with bad aim on your part. I mean really, you were drunk as hell and God only knows what you put your mouth on. As this concoction reaches your stomach you get the feeling that you've been brutally violated several times but upon calling 911, they just told you that "You can NOT undo what has been done". You and you alone caused this atrocity. You immediately begin feeling as if you've inadvertently murdered the entire human race. Your genitals shrivel up and turn to dust as you watch in horror. The screams of men, women, and children beg you-BEG YOU, to kill them. It becomes apparent that you have unleashed an unyeilding evil. A dark and malignant miasma. The fallen angels bellow with reverence, vindication, and approval. The shadow grows near. You feel as if you have caused an extinction level event and more suffering than any intelligent being in the entire Universe could ever comprehend. As this surprisingly affordable brew is exposed to the oxygen in the air, it reacts like a fine wine. This aeration causes the smell of chlorine gas and the taste of sulfur and moldy roadkill. God is dead. Blood pours from the sky in torrents as dying children cry out for their parents. All semblance of mercy, of law, order, and justice has been erased. And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last, slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Overall Opinion:

Not bad for the value and would consider it a great beer for casual get-togethers and cookouts!

Jan 24, 2021