Busch Beer | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.

Added by Todd on 11-20-2000

Ratings: 1,702 |  Reviews: 463

When you plop a 30 pack of this nectar of the Gods down on the counter and your local swill proprietor says $15, what exactly are you expecting? Get off your high horses with all these 1's and 2's.
A-looks like a beer
S-smells like a beer
T-wouldn't you know it tastes like a beer
M-feels like a beer in there
O-if you're expecting this to be a world class beer you need to get out more. It's a beer you can drink all day and night. While I'm a huge fan of dark heavy strong beers I always have me some Busch on hand.

This is incredibly Cheap beer. Bought a 6 pack just because i wanted beer. Wasn't really expecting much. I don't drink normally, and when i do its either coors extra gold or Coors Banquet. Honestly this is a flavorful Cheap beer. Sometimes i come home after a long days work. I don't spend a ridiculous amount on Booze of any sort, I just want the flavor of beer sometimes. I drank this. After a long 10 hour shift of physically demanding work in a warehouse walking constantly all day for 4 to 5 days a week, this is so good. Also i enjoy these with fishing. I admit i'm biased as this was my first beer. Certainly Beats budweiser and its cheaper. I never have had anything too expensive. Sam adams was the most expensive. Coming home on Night shift, and buying this, and drinking one ice cold, it seems so good. Certainly would buy this over bud light. Bought this drank it ice cold, it certainly makes A nice refreshing beer. for 15 bucks for a 30 pack or 6 for a 12 pack, you can't go wrong. Craft brew drinkers should probably stay away because they like better taste and more hops. But for a guy who just drinks a beer for refreshment, this will do the trick better than bud light, mainly because bud light is more expensive and doesnt have any flavor. Honestly this is better than budweiser. Can't go wrong with it. i buy one every night after work. put in the freezer for a bit. Then I drink it, and it is just a delicious refreshment that goes down smooth crisp and clean. I substitute this with Busch Light or Coors light sometimes. Don't spend a lot of money on booze because i'm saving up for a house. So this is good. When i usually buy coors light this beats that and doesnt have the metallic taste.

Every town in Germany seems to have their own brewery. Well down here in the south we don't have that option. This beer is affordable blue collar brew that's made about 50 miles from here. It's cheap tasty and effective.

Everyone stop being d bags this beer is good. Get over yourselves.

4.92/5  rDev +144.8%

4.69/5  rDev +133.3%

BEER SNOB ALERT!!

American-style lager is a real style folks. Rate it for what it is, please! Sure, it's not incredibly complex and does not have aromas of chocolate, cedar prunings and pine needles. But hey, our lives are complex enough and sometimes we need simplicity. That being said I enjoy all styles of beers from Trappist ales to the hoppiest of craft IPAs. Busch has no off flavours or aromas, is smooth and extremely refreshing. One thing that makes Busch unique is that it's a bit lighter than most lagers, but not a light beer. If you need to consume a few, but still want a fuller flavour, this is the ticket. For the price, taste, and quality, it's hard to beat (around the) Busch.

I lived in St. Louis and have been to the brewery many times. Like it or not, AB makes a good quality, amazingly consistent product. Really tired of the beer snob conspiracy theories. Too bad it is no longer American owned.

I'd love to see more defunct great American lagers like Falstaff come back, or a craft brewer really take an honest shot at this category.

4.68/5  rDev +132.8%

4.67/5  rDev +132.3%

first off my group of friends drinks way too much shitty beer so this review is mostly in comparison to other shitty beers. purchased a 30 pack for a party, we usually buy keystone or miller high life. busch has a bit more taste than coors or keystone and doesnt give me a headache once i drink 14 of them like keystone will. they are easy to shot gun and i really dont mind the taste especially compared to the metallic flavor of miller. my uncle always drank busch in front of me and when i was a teenager he would give me one sometimes and reefered them "alaskan sodas". il admit its a little bit like drinking urine but they go down easy and it gives you something to do in the form of drinking and peeing all night long instead of getting too fucked off the bat. its also nice to take a couple tequila shots and then get to fine tuning your drunk and eventually passing out/ puking and you dont look like as much of a pussy drinking busch as you would rolling rock but im rambling and busch is goood

4.5/5  rDev +123.9%

4.43/5  rDev +120.4%

busch is my fav cheap beer.very high drinkability rate.i think it gets a bad rep if you would try a fresh busch i think u would like it.its not skunky at all.its mellow in tastse smell is fresh.its got a little kick to it if ur use to drinkin light beer.so go get some salted peanuts in the shell and drink a cold busch....

4.32/5  rDev +114.9%

When Your Due For a Beer Busch Does It.
Busch beer is a Beer that is brewed by Anheuser Busch with an ABV of 4.6%. This beer is just an average American beer. Busch pours out a nice amber color with a nice white head. The appearance is like every outer type of American Lager . The small is sweet with some grains and malts. The taste is sweet with grains and malts. There is nothing overpowering in this brew. Busch has a nice balance to it. Drink ability is high good down smooth. Overall I'm giving Busch a 5 out of 5. I would buy this brew again. Anheuser-Busch did a nice job with this one.
This is one of my top brews on my list.

4.28/5  rDev +112.9%

4.22/5  rDev +110%

4.08/5  rDev +103%

As a non biased fan of craft beer, and pure American swill, I genuinely find regular Busch to be far more enjoyable than (Budweiser/Bud Light) This is not only because of the lower price, but because the taste meets somewhere in the middle of it's economic superiors. The smell might not be to pleasant to many people on here, but the body is full, the taste is clean and smooth, and after some doing yard work on a hot summer day (yes I know, the Cliché), it's excellent! The history of Busch is also intriguing to me, it was the first popular "budget beer" of the 1950's, always one of my favorite classics, if not my favorite, cheers!

4.08/5  rDev +103%

I was hesitant because of the Beer Advocate Rating but I was pleasantly surprised. Busch (regular) is a very good beer and for the price it is exceptional. I will definitely start purchasing it by the case for approximately .50 cents per can. You can pay more and I have tasted better but for day in and day out drinking WHY?

4.06/5  rDev +102%

Listen, this beer holds a special place in my heart. My first beer was a Busch, and the taste of it has been special to me ever since. I know it gets trashed by beer snobs, but there is nothing more classic and nostalgic than an ice cold Busch. It's clear and bright as mountain air for a reason.

Busch Beer from Anheuser-Busch