Busch Beer | Anheuser-Busch

Busch BeerBusch Beer

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States | website

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Busch and Busch Light are both brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor. Additionally, Busch Light undergoes a longer brewing process that produces a lighter body and fewer calories.

Added by Todd on 11-20-2000

Reviews: 452 | Ratings: 1,636
2.17/5  rDev +2.8%

So, if I were to head for the mountains of Busch Beer this is what I'd find, eh? Well, if that's the case, I'm heading to some other mountain. And what's up with the statement on the can "Natural Aging - Natural Carbonation"....what the f'ing hell is that supposed to mean? Ohhhh boy, I can't wait to get my hands on some of that Busch Natural Carbonation, oh yeah. And what the hell would unnatural aging be? Would it be a freakin' time machine? Anyhow, enough of that.

My 24oz can born on Nov 8, '05 is remarkably blah. Big fluffy white head that lasted about 2 seconds and a smell the reeks of cheap beer, lots cereals, and a mish mash of odds and ends. Tastes like a mega-cheap beer but is actually barely palatable yet very watery.

Bottom line: You know what you're getting yourself into when you buy Busch Beer...a means of intoxication.

1.38/5  rDev -34.6%

Busch Light sucked, so I shall see if big brother can be any better.

Appearance: It pours an absolute, crystal clear, light gold with a big head that quickly leaves with a lot of lacing. It gets a 2 simply because of how clear it is. I was really surprised.

Smell: Plain, boring, everyday, cereal malts. Luckily nothing funky disgusting.

Taste: Um, I gotta try it again, I felt my mouth get wet but it came without taste. Okay, sugar water, just like the light version. But wait!, this comes with an alcoholic, slightly metallic, burn to finish it!

Mouthfeel: I had some water at dinner, it reminded me of this.

Drinkability: Easy to pound down, but with the slight, bad taste I don't want too.

Overall it is a waste of your time.Exactly like little brother but for pennies more.

1.9/5  rDev -10%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Poured a very pale yellow and crystal clear. Head was largish and white, and escaping carbonation bubbles were plainly visible. Adjuncty/corn in the nose and not much else. Didn't smell *bad* to me, but I don't think there are a lot of beers that do. Not much by way of hops or malt in the aroma.

Body was light and almost entirely devoid of character. Leaned a bit to the sweet side, but no malt flavor at all. Nothing really offensive about it, but nothing to recommend it either. Quite watery. You could drink a lot of it, but why would you want to?

Meh. If you want cheap American beer, Schlitz or High Life are the same price and much better tasting.

1.86/5  rDev -11.8%

This is pretty much the beer that I cut my teeth on as an underage youth. Cheap, easy to find, and sold in 6 packs of 16oz "tallboys", this was alsways a highschool party favorite. Pours the traditional macro dehydrated yellow with a fizzy head. Smells vile, really doesn't even smell like beer to be honest, more like just stale or hard water that comes from a really old dug well. taste about how it looks, watery and fizzy with nothing I would really call a flavor, more just a feeling of liquid in your mouth. After 2 or 3 of these they go down really easy and do the job for a cheap highschool buzz. The main redeeming factor of this beer is that it's cheaper than Bud and I think it actually is less offensive tasting and easier to drink. If you make more than 5 bucks an hour you should really be ashamed of yourself for buying this stuff.

1.98/5  rDev -6.2%

Horrible, I can't really think of anything to say except...well nevermind. Anyway it pours a pale weak yellow with head that leaves instantaneously. The carbonation is ok I guess. It smells like a bag of ass. However you can drink them rapidly. It tastes like corn a handful of corn. They are very cheap and you can find them anywhere. Better than Natural light/ "Fratty Light"

1.96/5  rDev -7.1%

pours a light yellow straw color. little head thats gone in about 10 seconds.

reeks of corn and thats about it.

tastes corny, just basic light beer taste. it's ok. better than Bud i would say

mouthfeel/drinkability: once u get going u can drink it, even though it sucks. it's cheap beer, what can u say

2.1/5  rDev -0.5%

Busch Beer Pours a nondescript macro amber from a 12oz aluminium pop top can. Head of white foam went to about two fingers before going poof! gone... no lace, no foam, no nothing.

Nose is a vague somewhat sour, damp bitter. Palate is a watery bitter, followed by the bight of carbonation.

A one dimensional brew for the masses, that would do better if it offered more.

The beer pours an ultra pale yellow color with a thick frothy white head that quickly fades to lacing. The aroma is average. It has a light pale malt and adjunct scent along with a slightly musty lager yeast aroma. The taste is average. It has a weak pale malt flavor with some hop bitterness and a dry musty finish. Adjuncts are present along with a musty aftertaste. The mouthfeel is average as well. It is a low bodied beer with good carbonation. This is your typical macro lager. It's light and refreshing, but devoid of any real beer flavor and/or aroma. It's drinks well, if you mean you can drink a lot of them in one sitting. Otherwise, it's one and done for me.

2.74/5  rDev +29.9%

A: Light in color. Very nice head, head retention and lacing for a cheap beer.
S: Weak. Couldn't smell any hops.
T: So-so. Tasted like beer...just kinda..there. Not much hop flavor or aroma.
M: Light bodied beer. About what you'd expect form a US macro beer.
D: Well, does go down easily. I can say that. It's not at all bad...just not very good.

Overall: What surprised me most about this cheap beer is the head and lacing. Almost by definition you can't have a nice head and lacing without a good brewing process and hopping. I think this beer is a blend of good brewing technology, practices and cheap ingredients. Just my opinion.

1.85/5  rDev -12.3%

My tail-gating friends shared this beer with my after they polished off my Stone IPA's. I got a raw deal on that trade. This beer is truely fascinating--how can something be flavorless and bad at the same time. I don't know if water is bad--it's flavorless so I don't know. Anyhow, this adjuct laiden beer actually has a fair body--by guess is from high use of rice. Other cereal grains are present but light. Flavors and characters from hops and barley are absent. The beer is light of dry and naturally papery and metalic. Light flavors and textures disappear quickly with a watery wash.

1.96/5  rDev -7.1%

A poor effort, even for a mainstream macro. Watery, with some astringent metallic notes. Barest hint of hops lurks somewhere in the depths, with hardly a ripple. Largely flavorless, with an odd synthetic character, as if this was something artificial trying to taste like beer. Blah.

This is hands down the absolute WORST beer i have ever had. It is cheap, but it isn't even 5% so not a get ripped for the value beer. I drank half of the big can and threw it away, I don't know how anyone could drink this. Most commonly bought by white trash. It tastes like they made synthetic beer in a laboratory, it is horrible. Not even drinkable. Drink one of these and you will think bud light is the best beer in the world. (I used to think bud light was the worst beer until I tried busch, now I give bud light some respect, at least it is actually drinkable and tastes remotley of beer) It is a misnomer to call the shit beer.

2.37/5  rDev +12.3%

This was my Dad's choice of beer growing up. Now I know what killed him! I remember he use to drink Budweiser, but switch when Busch started to be brewed because it was cheaper. If I drank as much as him I would switch to a cheaper beer also. To start with I can see why he could drink a case of this stuff per day because its watery, flavorless, and good for a buzz beer. This is my lowest rating so far for any beer.

2.2/5  rDev +4.3%

Pours pale straw with a two finger head. Poor head retention gives way to a dismal lack of lacing. Faint malt smell and taste, but overall pretty bland. Even for a smooth and drinkable macro, tasteless brew doesn't make the cut for a decent lawnmower beer.

2.31/5  rDev +9.5%

pours a pale pale yellow with a decent 1 finger head that surprisingly sticks around and leaves some nice lacing behind.
aroma was sweet malt, kind of like sugared corn with a very slight hint of lemon grass.
taste was simple, clean and not complex at all.
no real flavors stand out here but it was crisp and refreshing

2.65/5  rDev +25.6%

poured a pale yellow color with with a white puffy head that lasted most of the glass. Smell is slightly sweet with little malt and no hops detected. Taste is very ordinary with nothing unpleasant to note (but nothing pleasant either).Good as a spacer.

2.35/5  rDev +11.4%

This is a revisit. Why? Because its softball season and fizzy, yellow beer shows up in coolers after games played in 90-degree heat.

I'll start off by saying its been many years since I've drank Busch. This pours out to a regular, yellow in the glass (yes, I bring a cup to use after softball games, gotta have a little class ya know) with a decent-sized head. The aroma is slight, but has an essense of grain to it. The taste is not that bad. It actually has a little bit of flavor, with a light taste of green apple (believe it or not) and a slight sweetness on the finish. More taste bar none than its big brother Budweiser. Not to be confused with a good, craft beer, but it serves its place on a hot, summer evening after sweating, but so does a a hefe'....now if only more craft brewers were to get their beers in cans...

Well, a friend had this at a Fourth of July party, so I figured I would finally review it.

This one was a clear whiz-yellow beer with a low foamy fast-dissipating head.

The aroma, if I may use that word, was grassy, slightly grainy, and mildly hoppy. Not bad, but not good either. Rather uninspiring.

The taste was grainy, but not a corn adjunct. It was bland, kind of flat on the tongue (not the uncarbonated kind of flat), and not hoppy.

Mouthfeel was watery and thin. Drinkability... well, it was cold and wet, and it certainly wasn't as bad as Crazy Ed's.

2.59/5  rDev +22.7%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

poured from can to glass. 1 plus finger billowy white head actually looks really good. looks can be deceiving. i think a-b spent many years formulating this one so it does not smell or taste. busch is not awful it is just so, nothing. dry, crisp, clean, typical.

1.65/5  rDev -21.8%

OK, for starters... I usually only use this beer to make chicken on the grill. I put the can inside the chicken and it makes a good meal. I decided to drink one, really only so I can give a rating on here as its been years since I had a Busch and it would not have been fair to rate it otherwise. So, now that i've tried it more recently, I still say this beer is bad stuff. But, I would give it a decent mark for the chicken! The can is the best part of this beer, in fact it tastes more like the can than beer. Its very cheap and you can tell with every sip. I would rather drink a coors than a busch and I would prefer neither but if there is nothing else of course I would take either :).

1.82/5  rDev -13.7%

busch beer, i do not know how to describe it, but the taste says CHEAP. "natural aging" isnt all aging natural? this beer has a pretty light taste for a non-light beer, less flavor than bud.the appearance and odor of this are nothign to brag about. the soul thing this beer had going for it is it's cheapness, which the flavor projects

2.08/5  rDev -1.4%

I'm not going to give this beer high marks, it just doesn't deserve it. But I do believe that out of the macros, it is getting a bad reputation for no reason.

Obviously if you're paying $3.99 for a six pack of tall boys, you aren't expecting anything spectacular. For the price, Busch offers something drinkable that goes down easy and will do the job. The taste is somewhat sour, but if had cold Busch will still satisfy one's urge for a beer.

It pours weak, it tastes weak, it feels weak, and smells worse. But Busch is meant for drunk fishing trips, college parties, and other such events. For that it is a great cheap beer. You could do worse than Busch in this price bracket.

12 oz. can, "born on" 4/22/05. Pours into the pint glass a pale yellow with a 1 finger white head that leaves no lacing. Smells of adjuncts, skunk, and a bit of metal. Tingly, clean, and tasteless with a light body that is meant to be consumed in large quantities.

2.23/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Oh the memories I have associated with this beer. It's tough for me to refer to it as even Busch....because in my head it is forever engrained as "BUSCH POUNDERS" cause in my highschool days it was all I bought. It was the cheapest pounders you could possibly get. Back in the day, I didn't mind the taste and after six Busch pounders....I didn't mind much of anything. So cheers to the memories, but now with a much more educated palate I must review this beer....which probably won't be a kindly review.

Appearance: Pale straw yellow with a sickly piss hue to it. Small half a finger head formed after a tough pour. Looks like your average macro to me.

Smell: Cereal and corn adjuncts....some malts as well.

Taste: Tight carbonation and a low serving temperature help this beer out alil. This beer has little taste at all, which is probably the intent. The little bit of taste that is in this beer comes in a short little burst...it goes something like this: thin cheap malts that are kinda sweet, a good kick of adjuncts that taste like corn, and then alcohol. The only lingering taste is the corn...which tastes like swill.

Mouthfeel: Thin bodied and crisp carbonation.

Drinkability: I've sessioned this beer so many times that I have to give it a high drinkability

Overall a below average adjunct macro. Stay away from this one.

2.5/5  rDev +18.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Just like it's light counterpart, this brew is not too terrible for being dirt cheap. Poured out to a decent yellow color with a bubbly head that dissipated rather fast. Scent of corn and malt were most noted. Flavors of corn, herbs and barley were present, as was a watery quality that I would expect in a light beer, not a full flavor such as this. Nonetheless, quite refreshing, but there are better beers out there at the same price.

Busch Beer from Anheuser-Busch