Shock Top Raspberry Wheat | Anheuser-Busch

Shock Top Raspberry WheatShock Top Raspberry Wheat

Missouri, United States

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Raspberry Wheat delivers the same smooth taste of Shock Top, with a hint of raspberry flavor. This traditional Belgian-style wheat ale is brewed with essence of wild raspberry and hand-selected hops. It’s this combination that gives it its crisp and distinctive Shock Top taste, with its own flavorful twist. This unfiltered ale has a light-golden color and a smooth finish, and if you’re curious, it technically doesn’t, not count toward your daily fruit intake.

Added by zeff80 on 03-16-2011

Reviews: 162 | Ratings: 1,007
3.58/5  rDev +24.3%

12 ounce bottle into pint glass, bottled on 8/8/2015. Pours hazy/cloudy golden yellow color with a 2 finger dense and fluffy white head with good retention, that reduces to a small cap that lingers. Nice spotty soapy lacing clings down the glass, with a moderate amount of streaming carbonation retaining the cap. Aromas of lightly tart raspberry, lemon, orange peel, pear, apple, light coriander, light banana/clove, wheat, cracker, biscuit, and herbal/yeast earthiness. Nice and pleasant aromas with good balance of fruity/earthy yeast, spices, raspberry, and pale malt notes; with solid strength. Taste of lightly tart raspberry, lemon, orange peel, pear, apple, light coriander, light banana/clove, wheat, cracker, biscuit, and herbal/yeast earthiness. Light yeast spiciness and fruit tartness on the finish; with lingering notes of raspberry, lemon, orange peel, pear, apple, wheat, cracker, biscuit, and herbal/yeast earthiness on the finish for a short bit. Nice robustness and balance of fruity/earthy yeast, spices, raspberry, and pale malt flavors; with a good malt/tart/spiciness balance, and zero cloying flavors after the finish. Medium carbonation and body; with a very smooth and moderately creamy/bready mouthfeel that is nice. Zero warming alcohol as expected of 5.2%. Overall this is a good fruited witbier style. All around good robustness and balance of fruity/earthy yeast, spices, raspberry, and pale malt flavors; very smooth and refreshing to drink. A nicely enjoyable offering.

3.18/5  rDev +10.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

Pours an opaque dark yellow with a white foamy head. Head retention is modest. Lacing left behind right after a sip, but slips down into the beer quickly. Aroma is heavily metallic, with notes of raspberry and citrus peel. It smells like I'm sniffing a can. Metallic tones shadow raspberry and citrus peel in the flavor profile. It has a hint of lemon as well. Mouth feel is medium-thin, with a watery feel. Overall, it's a decent beer. Certainly crushable due to it's thin taste and feel. The raspberry notes are big, which may be good for some, unfortunately they are not big enough to mask the metallic notes.

Served in a 12oz pint glass.

3.37/5  rDev +17%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Very light head. Cloudy yellow in color. Strong raspberry aroma right off the bat. Taste like a belgian wheat with rasberries. Small hints of coriander and citrus with spices. Not too bad but wouldn't drink a six pack of this.

3.3/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

Okay so i'm gonna be honest here. When it comes to beer I like what I like and that's usually all I ever order or get. When I do get in the mood however to try something new I get really hipster and only go for weird or unique beers. Beers that have cool art or a nice title to pull me in and grab my attention. Well tonight I had an urge for something new but unfortunately the store didn't have anything that really nabbed my attention. I saw this stuff however and since I like raspberries I figured i'd give it a go. I will say that i'm not a huge fan of Shock Top in fact in my list of beers to order it goes like this. If the restaurant i'm at doesn't have Newcastle, Stella Artois, Blue Moon, or even a cider then I go for a Shock Top. It's not that I think they are bad it's just they are sort of plain to me and not really all that desirable. To me they are generic and a bit on the bland side.

When you first pop open this bottle you are hit with a massive raspberry smell I mean it actually permeates the entire room. The smell however is very fake in fact one user hit it on the head by saying it's like cheap raspberry tea. The smell actually reminded me of the raspberry tea you get out of a vending machine or fast food place. The color is a yellowy red and scarlet color. The taste isn't much better either, when you first take a sip you are hit with a regular wheat taste masked behind a major smack of raspberry. It was almost as if this beer was created for people who don't like beer so they tried to mask it with something. This beer to me is sort of the equivalent of covering broccoli with cheese. You get the broccoli but it's masked by so much cheese that you don't really taste it. Same with this beer, the wheat is masked by so much raspberry that all you really taste is fake raspberry flavoring. It tastes really processed and not at all like true raspberries. If this is all they have and you want a fruity beer then go for it but if they have other options I would pass on Shock Top Raspberry Wheat.

1.95/5  rDev -32.3%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

Poured a cloudy reddish straw color with a finger of head. The nose and flavor profile are dominated by a fake raspberry flavor akin to something one might find in a cheap raspberry iced tea.

4.1/5  rDev +42.4%

Nothing surprising about this beer. The wheat mixed with raspberry is tasted right away. It's a typical of Shock Top beers, which I'll drink anytime I'm in the mood for a fruit/vegetable beer

3.79/5  rDev +31.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Shock Top Raspberry Wheat - Anheuser-Busch. Poured from the bottle into a pint glass, this beer's head is one finger thick and off-white, with solid lacing, and a hazy golden body.

I definitely smell the raspberries, that's about it.

Tastes like, you've guessed it raspberries. Not too sweet, but its close enough. This is more like a Smirnoff Ice.

Mouthfeel here is clean and crisp.

Overall, I'll give Shock Top Raspberry Wheat - Anheuser-Busch a 3.75. This probably is not going tobe picked up by me

4.31/5  rDev +49.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Shock Top Raspberry Wheat brewed by Anheuser-Busch, with an ABV of 5.20% This brew pours out a cloudy amber color with a small white head. This is an unfiltered brew, you can not see though it. Shock Top Raspberry Wheat , has the look of most wheat brews on the market. The smell of Shock Top Raspberry Wheat, is well raspberry sweetness, grains, malts, and a hit of hops. So far I like this brew. Now for the taste i is, rich with sweetness. You pick up on the raspberry sweetness and there is also a nice mild citrus taste to this brew. The aftertest of Shock Top Raspberry Wheat, is smooth and bold. There is alot going on in this brew. Shock Top Raspberry Wheat , has a real nice balance to it, there is nothing overpowering about this brew. The mouthfeel of Raspberry Wheat is, Rich, Bold, And Smooth. There is nothing really bad about this brew. I you don't like raspberry stay away from this brew. Overall I'm giving Shock Top Raspberry Wheat a 4.25 out of 5. I would buy this brew again. Anheuser-Busch, did a nice job with this beer.

3.1/5  rDev +7.6%

My girlfriend thru one in a 6 pack mixer. It's wheat taste with the taste of fake raspberry flavoring. This is another one of them pound one on a hot day but no way canny sit and enjoy these as a regular drinker

3.68/5  rDev +27.8%

Very unique fruit flavored beer for me. The smell is very unusually accurately sweet. A little too fruity for my tastes but I can't say I didn't hate it.... maybe another flavor would better. It was so fruity and sweets I think I should turn it into a slushie next time.

3.14/5  rDev +9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

I love raspberries. So although this tasted more like a wine cooler than a beer, I still enjoyed it. A nice amber color, smell and taste overwhelmingly of raspberries, with a little citrus thrown in. I didn't think it was too sweet. A nice summertime beer for relaxing in the back yard, or eating with a light meal.

2.09/5  rDev -27.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. I have tried six other flavors of Shock Top, several have been pretty good, Unfortunately this ain't one of them. The taste is so sweet you can become an instant diabetic. The aftertaste is artificial and is so powerful that I can't even recall how the brew looked. It doesn't matter, avoid unless you like your beer soaked in rock candy.

2.05/5  rDev -28.8%

Looks appetizing, but is much too sweet, and the sweetness comes through in the smell as well. It overpowers every other aspect of the beer. I've been pleasantly surprised by Shock Top generally, but am disappointed by this offering.

3.77/5  rDev +30.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

My dad forced me to try, he is not a big craft beer guy and he thought I would like this. I'm not a fruit, wheat or Belgium fan. I can't stand shock top. That said this wasn't as horrible as I expected. Not great but drinkable for shock top.

2.6/5  rDev -9.7%

Serving: From the bottle
Served: 17 May 2015

Appearance: Had this one from the bottle, so I can't comment much about that. Terrible branding and labelling. Honestly, if ABI is trying to break into the craft beer crowd with this, they could at least pick a less douchy label.

Smell: Raspberry purée with a slight beeriness.

Taste: Artificial raspberry purée flavor, very sweet, like a raspberry smoothy. Weirdly acidic finish.

Mouthfeel: Thin body with medium carbonation. Feels lacking.

Overall: Among the weirdest beers I've had. Not the worst, but up there.

2.77/5  rDev -3.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

This is more of a raspberry cooler/beer hybrid. It's oddly refreshing, but not the sort of thing I would go out of my way to find. There is no doubt that some heavy duty chemical enhancements are at work here. I couldn't help but think of the section in "Fast Food Nation" that explored the flavor labs of New Jersey as I sipped this. If I wasn't thinking, this might not be so bad...

2.95/5  rDev +2.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Raspberry wheat pours a golden color with a reddish hue, small but long lasting head. There is a artificial sweet aroma. Artificial raspberry flavor, grainy, and a tea like flavor; tastes like water downed power raspberry iced tea. Flat and watery. Overall looks good, bad artificial flavors.

4.1/5  rDev +42.4%

With a delicious & bold taste, this beer lives up to it's name with a fantastic raspberry wallop in every chug. This is so tasty and refreshing, it could get ya drunk fast. Luckily, I'd probably stop at two, as the sweetness & tartness gets to be a little much for a session.

3.58/5  rDev +24.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Ok bought this for my daughter and her friends who housesat for us last weekend. There were a couple left over so I thought I would dry one. Poured nice with a good 3 finger head the dissipated pretty quick. Smells like a raspberry drink, real strong raspberry smell. Taste like a light beer with raspberry in it. The thing that stood out in this beer is the taste is not medicical. With the exception of Blushing Monk this is the only beer that had a good clean raspberry taste, thus the high rating. Not something I would drink on a regular basis, but not a bad beer to have on hand, my wife who is willing to taste every beer I have (and doesn't like beer) actually thought it was pretty good, probably because it doesn't taste much like a beer. That said not a bad effort. One side note, if AB ever wanted to get into sours, this would be a great one to take there. If it was more on the sour side vs sweet side I would probably go back for more

3.4/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Purchased at the LCBO for around $2.60 for a 473ml can. Served at 4deg C in a draught glass.

A- Opens well and pours a small head that is gone in seconds. Very cloudy as a wheat beer should be

S- Oodles of raspberry. A whole field full

T- That field of berries are back! Never had this much raspberry flavor in a beer before. Super saturated. Gets a bit sickly sweet though.

M- Pretty dry and tart.

O- A bit too much berry flavor. Hits you in the mouth a bit too hard. Had it, enjoyed it, will not buy it again.

Food Pairing

The berry beer went well with.... Soda crackers! Just something dry helps this beer out taking that berry blast down a notch

3.62/5  rDev +25.7%

The Rapsberry taste is definitely prevalent, but I enjoyed the taste. As it warmed, however, it did lose some luster. It's on par for what I'd expect.

2.89/5  rDev +0.3%

Interesting Beer, more like a wine cooler in many ways, summer time beer, served cold and drank cold, as it gets warm the flavor is over powering, raspberry cool-aid comes to mind...

3.57/5  rDev +24%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

Good full raspberry flavor. When a drink says "raspberry" or "apple" or whatever, I expect it to taste like it. This beer does that.

It poured nicely, nice frothy head that didn't linger too long. poured cloudy and remained cloudy the entire time..

Nice easy drinker.

3.08/5  rDev +6.9%

Way, waaaay too sweet and fruity. They went over the top with this one. It's not bad, per se, but I wouldn't want to drink more than one at a time. Even then, there are many other raspberry beers that are far more subtle and tasty.

2.67/5  rDev -7.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

I'm literally drinking this as I type, and overall, it's bit of a let down. I disagree with some of the reviews citing it to be sweet- I find it rather bland. Pretty solid mouthfeel, but a complete emptiness on the palate after the initial raspberry. It's not terrible but by no means will I seek this out.

Shock Top Raspberry Wheat from Anheuser-Busch