Shock Top Raspberry Wheat | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Raspberry Wheat delivers the same smooth taste of Shock Top, with a hint of raspberry flavor. This traditional Belgian-style wheat ale is brewed with essence of wild raspberry and hand-selected hops. It’s this combination that gives it its crisp and distinctive Shock Top taste, with its own flavorful twist. This unfiltered ale has a light-golden color and a smooth finish, and if you’re curious, it technically doesn’t, not count toward your daily fruit intake.

Added by zeff80 on 03-16-2011

Liked:
2.82/5
Alströms:

Ratings: 1,018 |  Reviews: 166
3.87/5  rDev +37.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.3/5  rDev +17%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

Okay so i'm gonna be honest here. When it comes to beer I like what I like and that's usually all I ever order or get. When I do get in the mood however to try something new I get really hipster and only go for weird or unique beers. Beers that have cool art or a nice title to pull me in and grab my attention. Well tonight I had an urge for something new but unfortunately the store didn't have anything that really nabbed my attention. I saw this stuff however and since I like raspberries I figured i'd give it a go. I will say that i'm not a huge fan of Shock Top in fact in my list of beers to order it goes like this. If the restaurant i'm at doesn't have Newcastle, Stella Artois, Blue Moon, or even a cider then I go for a Shock Top. It's not that I think they are bad it's just they are sort of plain to me and not really all that desirable. To me they are generic and a bit on the bland side.

When you first pop open this bottle you are hit with a massive raspberry smell I mean it actually permeates the entire room. The smell however is very fake in fact one user hit it on the head by saying it's like cheap raspberry tea. The smell actually reminded me of the raspberry tea you get out of a vending machine or fast food place. The color is a yellowy red and scarlet color. The taste isn't much better either, when you first take a sip you are hit with a regular wheat taste masked behind a major smack of raspberry. It was almost as if this beer was created for people who don't like beer so they tried to mask it with something. This beer to me is sort of the equivalent of covering broccoli with cheese. You get the broccoli but it's masked by so much cheese that you don't really taste it. Same with this beer, the wheat is masked by so much raspberry that all you really taste is fake raspberry flavoring. It tastes really processed and not at all like true raspberries. If this is all they have and you want a fruity beer then go for it but if they have other options I would pass on Shock Top Raspberry Wheat.

2.84/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

I like some Shock Top beers, which I consider near-craft, but this one I don't. From reviews I had expected a nice raspbeery ale, but though it had a raspberry pop tart taste, it had a distracting bitterness. I have had raspberry stouts which I liked but this had a more artificial taste to it.

4.08/5  rDev +44.7%

3.37/5  rDev +19.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

2.34/5  rDev -17%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.25/5  rDev -20.2%

4.39/5  rDev +55.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.25

3.1/5  rDev +9.9%

1.32/5  rDev -53.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Disgusting. No other word for this one.

2.84/5  rDev +0.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

3.72/5  rDev +31.9%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.23/5  rDev +14.5%

3.47/5  rDev +23%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.14/5  rDev +11.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

1.95/5  rDev -30.9%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2

Poured a cloudy reddish straw color with a finger of head. The nose and flavor profile are dominated by a fake raspberry flavor akin to something one might find in a cheap raspberry iced tea.

3.6/5  rDev +27.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 3

Find this to be a little bit too carbonated.

3.4/5  rDev +20.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

2.96/5  rDev +5%

3.04/5  rDev +7.8%

2.75/5  rDev -2.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

2.25/5  rDev -20.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

3.35/5  rDev +18.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.25

3.3/5  rDev +17%