Shock Top Raspberry Wheat | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Raspberry Wheat delivers the same smooth taste of Shock Top, with a hint of raspberry flavor. This traditional Belgian-style wheat ale is brewed with essence of wild raspberry and hand-selected hops. It’s this combination that gives it its crisp and distinctive Shock Top taste, with its own flavorful twist. This unfiltered ale has a light-golden color and a smooth finish, and if you’re curious, it technically doesn’t, not count toward your daily fruit intake.

Added by zeff80 on 03-16-2011

Ratings: 1,017 |  Reviews: 166

2.76/5  rDev -4.2%

3.5/5  rDev +21.5%

2.25/5  rDev -21.9%

1.75/5  rDev -39.2%

4.75/5  rDev +64.9%

1.48/5  rDev -48.6%

When dispensed, it had a nice head. It poured and remained cloudy so I was expecting a smooth body and mouth feel. When i brought the glass toward my mouth, it had an overwhelming odor of berries. Not pleasant. I sipped it and the flavor was reminiscent of cough syrup. The body was thin and disappointing. I could not finish it.

When I drink a beer with flavorings, I like it to be subtle. The flavors should meld together and act as a whole. This beer is not balanced and does not hit the mark.

3.92/5  rDev +36.1%

I find it Amusing how some reviewers give this Beer such a Low Rating,because they start out by stating that "Fruit Beers" are not really their thing~then proceed to slag this Beer to no end,saying things like "too sweet and way too much Raspberry flavor"..Derp! what do you expect guys? Raspberries are Sweet..very Sweet,and if you brew a beer with them,the beer is most certianly going to have a sweet edge to it,I also find that there are a lot of folks who take gr8 pleasure in bashing ANY "Shock Top" Beer..Maybe because of the whole Anheuser-Busch Thing,and the fact that some people feel AB is trying to pull a fast one by Marketing Shock Top as a Small Micro Brewery and not the Gigantic Huge Company it actually is...but I really do not care about that,because to me,a Good Beer is a Good Beer,no matter if it is brewed in small batches by a few dedicated bunch of hard working individuals,or
cranked out in massive Amounts by Computer controlled mega Breweries,I Have had Fantastic and just plain Crappy brews by both systems;)
It's actually quite simple,if you enjoy Fruit Beers,and do not want to pay 15 bucks a 6er,Shock Top has some very good ones [Honey Crisp Apple wheat being my favorite] I also enjoy this Raspberry wheat a gr8 deal~what I do not understand,is why so many people who do not like Fruit beers feel the need to slag both of these brews,I Understand that these are not your traditional type brews,and some people just do not want fruit in their beer..I Get that! but perhaps if you are one of these folks who want their beer with NO Fruit,and just do not like Fruit Beers period...maybe stick to reviewing the type of beers you enjoy and not bash a brew you know right off the bat you will not like..just a thought guys;)
anyway,Shock Top Raspberry wheat is a very decent Fruit Beer,not quite as good as their Honey Crisp Apple Wheat..but still very,Very Nice Indeed! but I have to admit,the Honey Crisp Apple Wheat is just Amazing! and pretty much my favorite Fruit Beer ever~Cheers&Peace2All.

Shock Top Raspberry Wheat from Anheuser-Busch