Shock Top Raspberry Wheat | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Raspberry Wheat delivers the same smooth taste of Shock Top, with a hint of raspberry flavor. This traditional Belgian-style wheat ale is brewed with essence of wild raspberry and hand-selected hops. It’s this combination that gives it its crisp and distinctive Shock Top taste, with its own flavorful twist. This unfiltered ale has a light-golden color and a smooth finish, and if you’re curious, it technically doesn’t, not count toward your daily fruit intake.

Added by zeff80 on 03-16-2011

Ratings: 1,018 |  Reviews: 166
3.16/5  rDev +9.7%

One of the better raspberry beers I have had. Not the best but definitely would say try. I agree it is definitely a good beer to give to your lady if she's not into beer too much. The "Beer" aspect of it is not to complex which is why, and rightfully so it's not outstanding. Typical AB... make a cheap beer and put raspberries in it... I have to say this Is a good beer y time pop can bring with you to a party/beach and pound a few down easy. Very easy drinking and for what it's worth I didn't love it but would not be surprised if I was drinking it again. To me the raspberry taste was not aftificial and not overpowering. Was balanced well but again nothing much in the beer part of it.

3.41/5  rDev +18.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

Pours a very hazy golden color with a thick foamy head. Head retention and lacing are both very good. The aroma is pretty much raspberries. Not much else to it. Doesn't taste much like beer. It taste like raspberry juice with maybe a tinge of wheat at the end. Light bodied with heavy carbonation. If you like fruity, sweet beers, this is probably for you. Not for me, but I have had worse.

1.5/5  rDev -47.9%

2.93/5  rDev +1.7%

I didn't see the beer out of the bottle so not sure of the appearance other than the foam was minimal inside the bottle and it appeared a little cloudy like most wheat beers that I have seen.

The smell was very strong rasberry and very sweet, almost sugary...nothing beer-like at all. The taste was equally sweet. There was the 1st impression that I was drinking a fruit cooler from the 80s, like Bartles & Jaymes.

The texture was smooth and not much carbonation at all...again like a fruit cooler. I didn't notice any aftertaste. There really wasn't anything to tell me that this was an alcoholic beverage. Maybe this had to do with alternating with the white and wheat IPA at the same time (part of the sampler 12pk) so I simply didn't notice an aftertaste while drinking the rasberry.

Overall, it was a sweet drink and almost koolaidy without any alcoholic theme. I would drink it again if there was nothing else available but I won't buy it for myself. It seemed like just an inoffensive beverage although I did notice the 5.2% so it must have some effect after a few, yet I would describe it as basically "nothing special".

1.25/5  rDev -56.6%