Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Pumpkin Ale

Availability: Fall

Our Pumpkin Wheat seasonal offering combines the smooth taste of Shock Top with the flavors of Fall. We start with a traditional Belgian-style wheat ale and then brew with ripe pumpkins and a variety of autumnal spices, including nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves, for a refreshingly smooth beer that fully captures all the flavors of fall.

Added by BeerVikingSailor on 08-24-2011

Ratings: 1,206 |  Reviews: 231

one of the worst pumpkin beers

I have been drinking beer for 25 years and not once have I been so offended by the taste and smell of any beer. I realize not every beer is for everyone but can not believe people appreciate this. My wife and I stopped at a bar and took a chance on it. I took one sip and almost threw up she drank 4 oz of it and about threw up herself. We left the bar. Called it a $8 loss. Just minutes later she did vomit her lunch up and it had to leave a better aftertaste then the beer. Reminds me of the ripe sweet smell a terminal cancer patient has combined with a curry like smell. I'm sure some would argue it requires developing a taste for it. There are people that squire a taste for piss keep in mind. I refused to kiss my wife for hours there after as nothing would get the horrid smell off her breath including deep tooth brushing. Other beer etc. If you truely hate someone buy them a bottle of this nastiness. Or better yet dump one in their car. I would take down a gallon of toilet water any day over another sip of shock top. It is that nasty. Capable of making 2 out 2 people almost vomit. One really vomiting. May the bar tender who suggested this die a slow painful death of a std.

1.02/5  rDev -67.7%

This is the worst beer I have ever tasted. It's disgusting. It's flat, morbid, has no distinct flavor. There's a hint of clove, which just makes it taste even more heinous. I took it to a couple of different friends places and I thought they were going to kill me.

If you watch "The Walking Dead", there was a scene where was this fat, bald zombie is stuck in a well. They tried to pull him out but he ripped in half and all his zombie guts wound up back in the well.

Well, I imagine the water in that well is basically what is used to make this beer. I have had good pumpkin beer before, but not this. You do not even taste the pumpkin. It's almost like someone dropped a cigarette butt in your bottle.

1.34/5  rDev -57.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Easily one of the worst Pumpkin Ales out there.

1.48/5  rDev -53.2%

Ive never tried the cinnamon challenge, but this has to be close to the same dose of spices you get cannonballing straight cinnamon. Overpowering, pungent, perfumy spices hit your senses like a runaway semi truck. I new it was BMC, I new it was gonna suck, but I tried it anyway.

1.5/5  rDev -52.5%