Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Michelob (Original Lager) | Anheuser-Busch

Michelob (Original Lager)Michelob (Original Lager)
2.66/5
Poor
Michelob (Original Lager)Michelob (Original Lager)

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Pale Lager

Michelob Original Lager is brewed with pale, kilned two-row barley malt and noble European hops.

Added by Shiloh on 11-28-2001

Ratings: 1,063 |  Reviews: 369

3.5/5  rDev +31.6%

1.5/5  rDev -43.6%

2.06/5  rDev -22.6%

I have to say, I haven't had this one in a while. And it's a major disappointment. I have memories of this beer being one of America's better cheap beers. Not anymore.

I'd say Rolling Rock or Miller MGD are a better choice if you want to buy cheap beer. Not that Michelob is that cheap. I just paid almost $ 7 for a six, in Jan 2012. I think that's high when you consider you can buy Sam Adams for about $ 2 more.

I poured it into a wide neck glass, (pilsner). The head was momentary and then none existant. The color is a deep yellow, toward a gold. And considering it's competition, I'd say the color is the most impressive aspect of this beer.

Smell is nearly non-existant. And of what smell there is, it's bizarre. Kind of like shoe polish.

Taste, the same, poor to horrible.

Mouthfeel, blazay!!!

Avoid this beer until the brewers pull their collective heads out of their rears.

2.75/5  rDev +3.4%

1.5/5  rDev -43.6%

2.75/5  rDev +3.4%

4.32/5  rDev +62.4%

I think it is a really easy drinking beer that goes great with just lounging around and actually wanting more than just one, with this brew you can. Anyway I like to call it a glorified Budweiser because same taste with a vamp. The appearance is typical of this type of lager, smell was nice lot sharper than expected taste blew me away because I like Budweiser as a daily but this thing is Bud with more flavor surely note a hint of hops that is not there with my Budweiser, Turn one up very smooth mouthfeel and easy to drink!

Michelob (Original Lager) from Anheuser-Busch