Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Natty Daddy (8%) | Anheuser-Busch

Natty Daddy (8%)Natty Daddy (8%)
2.44/5
Poor
Natty Daddy (8%)Natty Daddy (8%)

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by Luigi on 09-18-2011

Everything About this beer is SPOT ON !!!

This is my new favorite beer. This is the first ever malt liqueur that I have tried. I didn't know what I was missing all those years.

This beer has a light taste for a barley beer and a satisfying after taste. 8% was a "wow" factor too. I always did get more of a buzz from 5% beer than I did from 12% wine or 40% scotch for some strange reason. One of these Natty Daddy beers is quite satisfying for the night.

If your trying to get fucked off of 1.09$ look no further one can will have you feeling nice.

Haha, all you arrogant so called beer connoisseurs would be begging for an ice cold 24oz can of Natty Daddy on a hot summer day if you were without. And you would love every drop of its perfectly intoxicating effects! Had to give this beer all 5' to offset all the undeserved haters. This is a mega brewed beer. You should rate accordingly and not go comparing it to craft beers. It does a great job at being what it is meant to be. So go buy a 24oz Natty Daddy and revel in its perfectly intoxicating glory.

4.4/5  rDev +80.3%

I like this beer because it's a smooth tasting beer and it's inexpensive.
If I have two sleepless nights I buy 2 Natty Daddy's (24 oz cans) and begin
drinking around 8 pm. It just makes me relax and around 10 or 10:30 pm
I go to bed and fall asleep pretty quickly and don't wake up till 6 or 7 am.

4.35/5  rDev +78.3%

This beer poured a honey gold with a moderate white head. It smells boozy, sweet, and cheap. Are those flavours? I think they are. It smells a little more like euro strong lagers than typical American malt liquor. So, this may be a very pleasant surprise.
The taste is really not bad for a malt liquor. I don't know why people are hating on it. Comparing it within its class, I'll have to give it a high mark. I've been waiting for a brew like this to be released. A sweet, smooth malt liquor that tastes boozy, between 8 and 9% alcohol and DOESN'T taste like nasty chemicals. This doesn't, so in its class, that's a plus right there.
The taste makes it clear that despite the smell, it doesn't quite meet the euro strong lager standard. For some reason, those are always better than their American counterparts. It's no Olde English either, but I'd say that's the closest comparison. It's like an Olde English that tastes boozier (a good thing), but has a little bit of an astringent off-flavour that makes it not quite on the same level as OE, which I consider to be the top of its class. Good stuff, though. I'll probably get it again. I'm sad that it was Busch that finally did this, but I've been waiting for someone to make a very simple, boozy, sweet malt liquor following the European example of making them simple and cheap, but not tasting like nasty chemicals or green apples. So, congrats Busch. I wish someone else could have done it first.

Final note: Great swill. That last few gulps of warm malt liquor that can have a devastating effect on your opinion of the cheap beer you've been swiggin. In this case, not a big problem. Even after it warms up, it's perfectly tolerable. But like all malt liquors, it's much better cold.

4.25/5  rDev +74.2%

I usually drink Natural Ice also from AB, I didn't even notice it was Natty Daddy when I first tasted it. It did seem to be a little fuller than Natural Ice. I only found out when I read the label. A friend bought if for me. I like it better! For a cheap beer it's pretty darn good! Caution though, you will get a buzz a lot faster. So cut back a little on it unless you really want to get waisted. And if you drink it please don't drive!

3.81/5  rDev +56.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Natty Daddy

25 Oz can poured into a frosty, glass mug

A: Golden yellow, Not too pale, Clear.
Fast growing head, About 3 fingers.
Not much retention, Less than 1 finger.
Moderate lacing.

S: Sweet Corn, Yeast, Malt, Bread
Cannot detect any hops, Though I imagine they are used at some point.

T: Apple-like sweetness, Corn, Slightly sour, or tart.
Definitely not your average tasting beer, or malt liquor,
Does not linger, No strong or offensive aftertaste.
Still not finding any strong hop flavor, But they could just be used to balance.

M: Light, Like water mixed with a little sugar to give it slight viscosity.
Stronger, more active carbonation when consumed just after opening,
As it sits, Most of the carbonation just evaporates away.

This beer surprised me, or rather, caught me off guard being much more bearable than I had expected. I used to buy only Best Ice until I think I was given on by accident, Now I'm hooked. Now I am not saying that it is this is one of the best beers ever, But I do not think it should be on the worst list either. When you read that it has 8% abv, You automatically think of a nasty malt liquor, Since not many 8% beers taste well. That being said, I find this beer has a good taste, Not offensive, And great price, At $1.35-$1.55, Although I've heard that it can go over $2 in certain areas. It used to be $1.09, But I guess they realized how many people preferred Natty Daddy over King Kobra, Steel Reserve or whichever High Gravity Malt Liquor.
Overall, This beer will remain with me throughout my life.

3.8/5  rDev +55.7%
look: 5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

I actually enjoyed this beer, cheap beer has its time and place and this was definitely it. Clean crisp and refreshing, sweet grain, no bitterness, a little watery, but overall still enjoyable. I don't know if I'll buy it again, but for a cheap malt liquor it's hard to beat.

3.76/5  rDev +54.1%

I am a little confused about the other reviews on this site, The Natty Daddy I got here looks like the picture but it is a Lager and 6% vol (not 8% as stated).

It wasnt particulary cheap either $15 for 24 cans, I can get just about any beer around that price, but that is not why we are here.

I think it has a smooth taste and the most important thing for me is that it does not give me heartburn like most beers does, it also does not make me feel like poop when I wake up even after a dozen or so of these.

Someone mentioned steel reserve which I am also a huge fan of, but let's face it SR messes up your system badly, which is why I ventured out and found these.

All in all they fit my pallet good and I really like them, but I do wish they were the 8% that were mentioned here.

3.76/5  rDev +54.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I'm an English ex pat and out of all the american beers I would have to say this is the best. no heartburn , tastes good when cold, and gets you v.nicely drunk. The price is reasonable and in comparison I would have to say it's not far off my favorite beer Stella Artois for half the price over here. Don't be a snob and be put off by the name. A grade for a shit name

3.75/5  rDev +53.7%

I bought this drunk and drank it the next morning and for a 1.82 I kinda liked it

3.75/5  rDev +53.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.68/5  rDev +50.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4

Honestly these beers arent that bad. They are not for a light weight because of their heavier alcohol content.. In my opinion if you can't handle a natty daddy you shouldn't be drinking alcohol at all, so yea. Drink on, friends and be safe. Much love

3.58/5  rDev +46.7%

Straw clear yellow no head
Smells sweet and corny, the alcohol doesn't sneak up on you until the taste
The taste is sweet malt and alcohol
Overall more sweet taste than other malt liquors would recommend for beginners.

3.54/5  rDev +45.1%

alright now, I've had me a ton of shitty beers over the years and I can say certainly clear that Natty Daddy is not one of them. Price mean a damn thing to me, at this moment, I cant think of a beer I'd rather have that weren't craft brewed.

This beer is fucking great for the price, and fucking great besides.

Amen, God is great. Thank you, Enjoy.

3.5/5  rDev +43.4%