Natty Daddy (8%) | Anheuser-Busch

poor
Natty Daddy (8%)Natty Daddy (8%)

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States | website

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by Luigi on 09-18-2011

Reviews: 95 | Ratings: 238
2.83/5  rDev +11.4%

Really not whole lot that can be said about a brew such as this..Pale yellow with quick to leave head. Violent carbonation that calms down with time.

Basic adjunct lager aromas....

Simple adjuncty grain flavors..clean drinking, pretty thin mouthfeel.. smooth finish...does EXACTLY what it's supposed to do.. The 8%abv sees to this.

This is a tool as much as it is a simple beer.

2.69/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

25 ounce Can into a Curved Pint Glass

This brew pours Gorgeous! Nice pale/straw body that is transparent as all get out. There was a nice white head that formed but quickly dissipated To a ring around the glass. Looks great for the Style.
The Aroma? Faint but mostly grain sweetness with a tap of green apples. Not bad but not really grabbing attention.

Da Flavah? Nice grab of Tart Green Apples hit first with a subtle sweetness. Touches of cheap Grains and Un-salted Crackers. Finishes sharp and not balanced with a dose of Astringency that reminds me of Witch Hazel. The feel of this brew is of course thin with harsh forced carbonation.

Overall: This isn't truly offensive for the style. It's down side is that it is too Astringent. Not even 211 Steel Reserve is as Astringent as this. I will drink this again when I desire the feel of a HG Cheap Buzz (I crave those once in a while). This brew is worth a shot.

2.77/5  rDev +9.1%

Appearance: Straw yellow. The head starts off good and receeds very quickly but leaves decent lacing. Nice carbonation.

Smell: Sweet corn, slightest touch of malt.

Taste: Starts off ever so slightly malt liquorish, turns sweet like an artificial sweetner, and ends up calming down in sweetness like canned corn.

Mouthfeel: Light and watery, flat with very little carbonation.

This beer is easy to drink and will easily quench a thirst. There's nothing offensive about it but there's nothing particularly good either. It' almost perfectly average but the lack of a decent head and lack of carbonation leave it below average. As a side note, my Natty Daddy was 6% abv. Other reviews showed an 8% abv.

2.69/5  rDev +5.9%

poured into pint glass

this is simply a higher alcohol more bodied version of natty light. not much to it. appears a darker yellow than normal AB beers. smells of a little alcohol, and maybe some corn and cereal. tastes like a more full bodied natty light. no hops or malts. mostly has some good flavors to it. cant really describe it. not much mouth feel. very carbonated. great for the price. but as a beer to just drink nothing special at all.

2.05/5  rDev -19.3%

Sometimes you just have to sit back and wonder why Anheuser-Busch does what it does. I always applaud a new high gravity beer (read: inexpensive with lots of alcohol) but even I can draw a line in the sand.

A - I'm not putting this into a glass. The very pale yellow color of the liquid left on the rim of the can tells me it is as expected. At 8.0%, to look like a light beer isn't impressive.

S - Typical A-B product. Very similar to Hurricane High Gravity. Stanky malts, vinegar, and rice. Extra stanky.

T - Bitter. I thought this would be a stronger tasting Natural Ice, but it isn't. Dangerously close to Hurricane High Gravity but separated by the lack of sweetness. Did I say bitter?

M - Poor. Natural Ice is highly carbonated. This should be highly carbonated. It isn't. Opening the can only produces a medium carbonation. By the time you reach the swill you're praying to God there is enough carbonation left to make this seem like a beer.

O - Come on A-B. Really? Natural (Natty) Ice is competitive in it's class. This, well, isn't. I'd choose Hurricane High Gravity all day over Natty Daddy. I applaud you for trying, but you can do better.

2.72/5  rDev +7.1%

High alcohol Natty? saw this one last week at my local light night store and deceided to try it. why not? it pours normal clear and golden but the smell is really clean. I was surprised by the taste being so clean as well. I would not buy again unless i turn homeless but overall not too bad for a BMC product in tall boy format.

3.13/5  rDev +23.2%

OK...Lets face it man,this is not a Beer you drink and savor the flavor,this is a "Malt Liquor" you chill ICE F87king Cold and slam! it will get you where you want to be VERY Fast,and for about a buck 25 a 25oz can what can you bitch about? you must drink this stuff ICE COLD,Because as it warms it gets that "Malt Liquor" sweet,sick,nasty tatse to it..yuck! but ICE COLD? not half bad @ all~and it will "Kick your ass" so know this..lmao~beerwolf666*[jammimg some "the morningside~ 14}

2.41/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

As an avid drinker of malt liquors, this was a decent one. It pours very nicely with a yellow color and a solid head that sticks to the glass for the first couple minutes. The smell was however almost non-existent with an extremely faint smell of malt and corn. The taste was full-bodied, with a good malt flavor along with a sour corn aftertaste that wasn't too enjoyably. There was low carbonation in this so the mouth feel was not too good. All in all this was a good malt for the price.

2.5/5  rDev -1.6%

Pours a pretty pale yellow with a huge fizzy head. Settles down pretty quickly.

You can definitely smell the alcohol in this compared to most other beers by A-B. Overall, nothing special, but nothing rancid as was expected.

Taste? Not bad, almost on the verge of being decent. The 8% isn't too overpowering, but there is a big kick afterward. I have had malt liquor that went right down the drain after a couple sips, but this one went down smooth, even throughout the second can.

I must say, my expectations weren't exactly that high for this, but I was really surprised. If it gets a little easier to find around here I would gladly pick this up again. Plus, at $2.69 for two of these, the bang-for-the-alcohol-buck is unbeatable.

3.12/5  rDev +22.8%

Curiousity and a general desire to be young and without responsibility lead me to purchase just one of these little jewels from my local money-laudering-mart. Alas, I'm niether young nor without significant responsibility, so I will enjoy this mildly sweet high test malt beverage, and hope none of my esteemed friends or colleagues ever make the connection between my BA gang name and my true identity.

Pleasantly surprised. When compared to a baseline of it's peers, it performs admirably well. I taste only the faintest hint of barley derived flavor...everything else is pure adjunct flavoring. The surprise is that it is so well balanced that I can not pinpoint the bastardized sugar source. Well done, Natty.

Mouthfeel is crisp cool and dangerously refreshing.

Best Malt liquor on the market.

3.17/5  rDev +24.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 4.75

I like this stuff usually its pretty affordable or cheap enough you know. and if you drink a few of these things you get feeling pretty good, does get you sort of weird and sometimes tired so must be careful with this but it is cheap so really is pretty good

2.38/5  rDev -6.3%

It looks fine poured in a big schooner, with an ok head. It looks like a "thick" lager. It smells a tad bit rancid. First taste is rough. The mouthfeel is also "thick" for a lager. By the time you get a quarter into the 25oz, it tastes ok. Do not let it get warm ... you will die (it will become so "thick" and syrupy that it will take you to your knees).

I do drink this beer. I enjoy the heck out of it in the right circumstances. I truly love good beers and ales. This is not one of them. It does however, have it place, as a quick hit malt liquor that will put the crowd in the mood. It is similar to Fireball as compare to decent whiskey. It has it place as a party starter.

3.25/5  rDev +28%

This is what Bud Light Platinum should taste like...

why this is in the American Malt Liquor category is a bit odd...this is a lager...i will review it as such.

24oz can bought at Stripes in Lubbock Texas for $1.29...on sale when it was first released. its $1.99 now.

easily the best in the Natural line...drinks like a Natty Ice but not a horrible afterbite like a Natty Ice...it leaves a typical lager aftertaste...not much at all

This is a incredibly smooth and light lager for 8.0%

the taste isnt outstanding but its not bad...one of the best A-B brands. Natty Daddy and Hurricane High Grav are where its at for economy drinking,ABV and some sort of flavor when it comes to the big brewers

If they lowered the price a tad in some areas,itd be the goto drunkfest beer for the college set.

Its worth a try once...its way better than Natural Ice...that being said...its slightly above average.lol

1.54/5  rDev -39.4%

This is by far the worst beer I have ever had. It is straw colored. It kind of smells like plastic. you can smell the alcohol in it. The taste is kind of sour. I took about 2 drinks of it and got almost instant gut rot. It might make me really sick if I drank a whole one.

3.32/5  rDev +30.7%

okay, let me start out by saying I have drank everything from boones farm to the highest end single malt scotch, I am a big fan of natural ice ... so I saw this and I had to try it, I will agree it is definitely no natural ice ... but, It is what it is... and that is a quick buzz in a can... or 2 to 3 cans, whatever... anyways, for what it is it is not half bad, but if I had a few extra bucks I would just slam a 12 pack of natural ice and call it a sure thing.

3.36/5  rDev +32.3%

Reviewed to style - not my favorite style, but surprisingly good for the style!

Pulled up at my local and realized that my wallet was in my desk drawer at work. So, I dug through the ashtray for change - I found $2.fiddy. I see where this is going....

A: Served in the blue can it came in - proper drinkware for this IMHO. I'm sure there's some sorta concoction in there, do I really want to see it? 2.0 for the funky font on the can.

S: Wow! Granted it's not Stone Ruination, but for a Malt Liquor it's --- not awful! A bit of grain, some fruitiness - adjunct based alcohol? A whole lot of metallic canniness....(made that werd up meself!)

T: Pretty darn good! Tastes a lot like a somewhat old, low end lager to me. A lot of steely grain, not cloyingly sweet, 8% alcohol is well masked.

M: Lager - a tad oily at the end of the can, one was enough. Any more and it would get ugly quick.

O: I was shocked - I expected this to be on par with Steel Reserve, but it really wasn't horrible. It wasn't good, but considering that I got it with ashtray money, it was amazingly drinkable.

Recommended if you find yourself in my situation!

After reading a few of the other reviews, I really wish I'd been at County Line beach and drank this as StillBuff did! ROFL on the "...thoughts of doing bad sh*t..."

1.96/5  rDev -22.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

tastes like diesel fuel watered down and fizzy
and im suprised i actually like natural ice . but this was garbage , id rather drink old englishe hurricane HG , i think i tolerated magnum better

avoid at all costs unless you want to share it and see your friends puke in their mouth

almost as bad as stack and kringle crack this is the 4rd worst beer i have ever had next to icehouse and mickeys even camo xrta isnt as bad

update: 2/10/14 this isn't half bad 2 for $3
yeah corny fizzy and 8% abv

but really as re-reviewed natrual ice wasn't as good as i remember , icehouse is way better
so take the taste of natural ice and make it more corny and stronger achohol after taste but not by much, you get naddydatty its ok its not quite as good as shlitz high gravity or icehouse edge , its just below,old English steel reserve and hurricane , but not by much .

still better than dogbite /(genesee high gravity , and the dreaded stack or camo (which i havent had but its probably better )

its a ok , not horrible not great but ok for a high gravity ,

2.86/5  rDev +12.6%

Smells like spiked sweet apple cider. There's a lot of sickly sweet bready malt and vegetable aromas that come through as well, but that's it.

Doesn't taste as bad as it smells. It actually doesn't taste too bad at all. I still get mostly apple cider and alcohol, but it's not as sweet as the smell would lead you to believe. I would almost call it crisp, but not quite.

It smells awful, but it doesn't taste too bad, and it's not overly carbonated. What more can you ask for? It's super cheap too. I can get the 25oz cans here for between $1 and $1.50. Don't let this one get warm though.

3.45/5  rDev +35.8%

Similar to Bud Light Platinum but tastes better. Easier to drink with way less nasty aftertaste. Goes down smooth for a cheap and strong beer. Really it does not have much taste but you can tell it's not a light beer. Just surprised it's better than Bud Light Platinum, unless I got a bad batch, and it's only 6% alc/volume not 8% unless it changed or something. Overall just an east drinking and strong cheap beer that competes with the other cheap and strong beers. Give this a chance you might like it. I just don't like the name it's trying too much.

1.66/5  rDev -34.6%

absolutly AWEFUL cheap 8 alc folume beer. this by far is the worst beer I ever had I do not know why as it tasted mutch like other cheap beers but must be something in it. i cannot say mutch for it's taste or smell becuase after drinking only 2 i started pukeing violently. to down the other 2 i had to wait a week and mix it in with other beers. must be something in it that caused me to become sick.

i would not recomend this beer to anyone unless pukeing is what you consider a good time.

3.34/5  rDev +31.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This product is great for what it is: a cheap, high-octane, malt liquor that's easy to swallow and carries a heavy punch. It's best for those days when you want to get drunk quickly for under four dollars. Around here, a can usually costs under 2 dollars and, when I drink it quickly, gives me a pretty nice buzz. Two cans and I'm officially drunk. Sure, it's not the best tasting beer, but what do you expect for something that costs less than most big bottles of soda. This is my goto cheap-ass beer.

1.95/5  rDev -23.2%

Its cheap, it does the job there is nothing to hate about it. It is what is is a inexpensive high alcohol beer that will get you drunk. If you are strictly a craft beer drinker yeah you wont like it cause it has nothing to do with craft but overall for the price and the alcohol percent you will have a hard to time beat it.

3.44/5  rDev +35.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Surprisingly decent for a $cheap!$ beer, very drinkable even if I wouldn't brag about it. The 8% d oes the job of getting you trashed.secretly like a wino drinking MD 20/20 hide it in a brown paper bag and enjoy!

2.15/5  rDev -15.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

Okay, okay. I know this beer is not great. But, why would people buy this beer? Because its cheap and powerful. In that regard it is great. I am sure if I had the disposable income I'd buy another beer. BUT I DON'T. I'd also like to warn people about this beer. I drank 5 cans and that was way, way too much. Trust me.
After the first can its starts tasting very good. Before you know it, BAM. your crying for your Mama.

2.75/5  rDev +8.3%

Really this is a fine beer for what it is. Which is to say...hiccup...if you are looking to get hammered on...hiccup...the cheap, this is the...hiccup...beer for...hiccup...you. There is nothing offensive or even remotely so, except for the flavor on the can from the constant smell of the place that I bought it. It isn't good beer. But it is fine for what it is.

Natty Daddy (8%) from Anheuser-Busch