Natty Daddy (8%) | Anheuser-Busch

poor
Natty Daddy (8%)Natty Daddy (8%)

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by Luigi on 09-18-2011

1.57/5  rDev -38.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

I've had this beer more than I'd like to admit simply because it has a high ABV and is cheap. That said, this stuff is godawful. I like beer of all types, and this is just plain bad. Comparable to skunked Bud Light. If you're not a broke alcoholic college kid, avoid this beer at all costs.

2.79/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

2.41/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

As an avid drinker of malt liquors, this was a decent one. It pours very nicely with a yellow color and a solid head that sticks to the glass for the first couple minutes. The smell was however almost non-existent with an extremely faint smell of malt and corn. The taste was full-bodied, with a good malt flavor along with a sour corn aftertaste that wasn't too enjoyably. There was low carbonation in this so the mouth feel was not too good. All in all this was a good malt for the price.

I usually drink Natural Ice also from AB, I didn't even notice it was Natty Daddy when I first tasted it. It did seem to be a little fuller than Natural Ice. I only found out when I read the label. A friend bought if for me. I like it better! For a cheap beer it's pretty darn good! Caution though, you will get a buzz a lot faster. So cut back a little on it unless you really want to get waisted. And if you drink it please don't drive!

3.03/5  rDev +19.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

1.44/5  rDev -43.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

2.52/5  rDev -0.8%

What can I say. This is the go to beer if you only have a few bucks and you wanna get hella fucked up. This beer is a great compliment to meth, crack-cocaine, hookers, and just bad decisions in general.

2.25/5  rDev -11.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.69/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

25 ounce Can into a Curved Pint Glass

This brew pours Gorgeous! Nice pale/straw body that is transparent as all get out. There was a nice white head that formed but quickly dissipated To a ring around the glass. Looks great for the Style.
The Aroma? Faint but mostly grain sweetness with a tap of green apples. Not bad but not really grabbing attention.

Da Flavah? Nice grab of Tart Green Apples hit first with a subtle sweetness. Touches of cheap Grains and Un-salted Crackers. Finishes sharp and not balanced with a dose of Astringency that reminds me of Witch Hazel. The feel of this brew is of course thin with harsh forced carbonation.

Overall: This isn't truly offensive for the style. It's down side is that it is too Astringent. Not even 211 Steel Reserve is as Astringent as this. I will drink this again when I desire the feel of a HG Cheap Buzz (I crave those once in a while). This brew is worth a shot.

3.1/5  rDev +22%

So I had a few beers while watching football on a Sunday. Saw this big can in the fridge and thought a Natural Light is a nice light beer to sip on over the course of a 3 hr. NFL game. About 1/2 way through I was feeling quite tipsy and though, "Natural Light can't get me this buzzed". So then I did a quick lookup on Beer Advocate only to realize that this wasn't just a 25oz can of Natural Light but a 8% Malt Liquor. That explained why I got hammered on a Sunday afternoon.

So for a $1.70 can of 8%ABV 25oz brew, its actually respectable all things considered. It took a while to realize I wasn't drinking usual InBev water barley beer. Although it said 8% ABV on can, I figured it was still a Natural Light but actualized for usual swill idiots that it was a 25 oz can. Turns out I was played the fool.

3.75/5  rDev +47.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.49/5  rDev -2%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

3.15/5  rDev +24%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

(25 oz can, poured into a Chouffe tulip)

L: head sizzles out, quick and loud... very pale, yellow-brass color liquid, very clear-filtered... seriously looks like water with a few drops of gold food dye... appears almost entirely still

S: champagne, stomach acid... wet leaves, un-buttery Ritz crackers... very little booze, background hint of corn syrup... not all that unlike the malt and ester aromas of a Belgian lager

T: has the requisite malt liquor flavors, just quite fuzzy-dull around the edges... somewhat watery finish, certainly dry... marginal hint of phenolic spice... alcohol well-hidden... the malt backbone is ok, just lacking hi-definition

F: smooth and marginally tingly... bit of bitterness and alcohol warmth lingering toward back of palate... pretty damn dry finish and afterglow... a little parching, overall

O: maybe the palest and clearest malt liquor I've encountered (if that means anything)... looks like champagne, tastes like a malt sports drink... the taste doesn't pop nor have the malt depth that my faves do... it does kinda grow on ya toward the end, but it's too slow out of the gate... but I'd have one again, if necessary

1.66/5  rDev -34.6%

absolutly AWEFUL cheap 8 alc folume beer. this by far is the worst beer I ever had I do not know why as it tasted mutch like other cheap beers but must be something in it. i cannot say mutch for it's taste or smell becuase after drinking only 2 i started pukeing violently. to down the other 2 i had to wait a week and mix it in with other beers. must be something in it that caused me to become sick.

i would not recomend this beer to anyone unless pukeing is what you consider a good time.

3.54/5  rDev +39.4%

alright now, I've had me a ton of shitty beers over the years and I can say certainly clear that Natty Daddy is not one of them. Price mean a damn thing to me, at this moment, I cant think of a beer I'd rather have that weren't craft brewed.

This beer is fucking great for the price, and fucking great besides.

Amen, God is great. Thank you, Enjoy.

1.24/5  rDev -51.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

2.5/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.18/5  rDev -14.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.26/5  rDev -11%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

I fully expected to have an Isis-Inspired Attack in my toilet the next morning. Much to my surprise, I did not.

2.15/5  rDev -15.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

Okay, okay. I know this beer is not great. But, why would people buy this beer? Because its cheap and powerful. In that regard it is great. I am sure if I had the disposable income I'd buy another beer. BUT I DON'T. I'd also like to warn people about this beer. I drank 5 cans and that was way, way too much. Trust me.
After the first can its starts tasting very good. Before you know it, BAM. your crying for your Mama.

3.17/5  rDev +24.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 4.75

I like this stuff usually its pretty affordable or cheap enough you know. and if you drink a few of these things you get feeling pretty good, does get you sort of weird and sometimes tired so must be careful with this but it is cheap so really is pretty good

2.48/5  rDev -2.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

3.44/5  rDev +35.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Surprisingly decent for a $cheap!$ beer, very drinkable even if I wouldn't brag about it. The 8% d oes the job of getting you trashed.secretly like a wino drinking MD 20/20 hide it in a brown paper bag and enjoy!

3.45/5  rDev +35.8%

Similar to Bud Light Platinum but tastes better. Easier to drink with way less nasty aftertaste. Goes down smooth for a cheap and strong beer. Really it does not have much taste but you can tell it's not a light beer. Just surprised it's better than Bud Light Platinum, unless I got a bad batch, and it's only 6% alc/volume not 8% unless it changed or something. Overall just an east drinking and strong cheap beer that competes with the other cheap and strong beers. Give this a chance you might like it. I just don't like the name it's trying too much.

2.58/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

I admit it. I'm the type that always says they're going to stay away from A-B/InBev products. I rail them every single time they buy out a craft brewery and cheapen their appeal (my words). But, for some godforsaken reason, I couldn't resist picking up their cheaper offerings. Let me explain. I don't have the money to buy a really nice IPA or a proper pilsner. So, my options were limited to dreck like Bud, Bud Light, Labatt and Molson tallboys. Aha, this has 8%? What a surprise. 2 for $2.39 and tax? Can't really beat that either. Here goes.

Pours the color of urine when you are dehydrated (yellow that leans more dark) with a frothy head into my glass.

Whew, what a strong industrial scent! Not that sweet either. To be fair, it's pretty much the norm for the style.

It even tastes cheap and bland. Not as lively as a high-end sparkling water but what do you expect? Grainy texture gives off the illusion of “smoothness”.

Ever pop a mouthful of Fritos in your mouth and then take note of the aftertaste? That's what you're getting here. On the plus side, it doesn't burn. Helps you forget that this is an 8% malt liquor.

There are probably better things that I could have bought with my money. Natty Daddy does fulfill the commandments of cheap beer being that it's 1. cheap, 2. high gravity (8%-up) and 3. smooth and inoffensive. Natty Daddy also makes a wonderful conversation piece, especially when someone sings the praises of an A-B/InBev owned craft brewery. That's when you need to start singing the praises of Natty Daddy.

Natty Daddy (8%) from Anheuser-Busch