Natty Daddy (8%) | Anheuser-Busch

poor
Natty Daddy (8%)Natty Daddy (8%)

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by Luigi on 09-18-2011

2.52/5  rDev -0.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.25

Ice cold and it still tastes terrible. Sweet, boozy malt water. Hints of cardboard, cereal grain and corn. Super short finish which is good. Uou don't want these flavors lingering in your mouth.

2.86/5  rDev +12.6%

Smells like spiked sweet apple cider. There's a lot of sickly sweet bready malt and vegetable aromas that come through as well, but that's it.

Doesn't taste as bad as it smells. It actually doesn't taste too bad at all. I still get mostly apple cider and alcohol, but it's not as sweet as the smell would lead you to believe. I would almost call it crisp, but not quite.

It smells awful, but it doesn't taste too bad, and it's not overly carbonated. What more can you ask for? It's super cheap too. I can get the 25oz cans here for between $1 and $1.50. Don't let this one get warm though.

Everything About this beer is SPOT ON !!!

2.66/5  rDev +4.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

2.13/5  rDev -16.1%

1.57/5  rDev -38.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

I've had this beer more than I'd like to admit simply because it has a high ABV and is cheap. That said, this stuff is godawful. I like beer of all types, and this is just plain bad. Comparable to skunked Bud Light. If you're not a broke alcoholic college kid, avoid this beer at all costs.

2.79/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

2.41/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

As an avid drinker of malt liquors, this was a decent one. It pours very nicely with a yellow color and a solid head that sticks to the glass for the first couple minutes. The smell was however almost non-existent with an extremely faint smell of malt and corn. The taste was full-bodied, with a good malt flavor along with a sour corn aftertaste that wasn't too enjoyably. There was low carbonation in this so the mouth feel was not too good. All in all this was a good malt for the price.

I usually drink Natural Ice also from AB, I didn't even notice it was Natty Daddy when I first tasted it. It did seem to be a little fuller than Natural Ice. I only found out when I read the label. A friend bought if for me. I like it better! For a cheap beer it's pretty darn good! Caution though, you will get a buzz a lot faster. So cut back a little on it unless you really want to get waisted. And if you drink it please don't drive!

3.03/5  rDev +19.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

1.44/5  rDev -43.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

2.52/5  rDev -0.8%

What can I say. This is the go to beer if you only have a few bucks and you wanna get hella fucked up. This beer is a great compliment to meth, crack-cocaine, hookers, and just bad decisions in general.

2.25/5  rDev -11.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.69/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

25 ounce Can into a Curved Pint Glass

This brew pours Gorgeous! Nice pale/straw body that is transparent as all get out. There was a nice white head that formed but quickly dissipated To a ring around the glass. Looks great for the Style.
The Aroma? Faint but mostly grain sweetness with a tap of green apples. Not bad but not really grabbing attention.

Da Flavah? Nice grab of Tart Green Apples hit first with a subtle sweetness. Touches of cheap Grains and Un-salted Crackers. Finishes sharp and not balanced with a dose of Astringency that reminds me of Witch Hazel. The feel of this brew is of course thin with harsh forced carbonation.

Overall: This isn't truly offensive for the style. It's down side is that it is too Astringent. Not even 211 Steel Reserve is as Astringent as this. I will drink this again when I desire the feel of a HG Cheap Buzz (I crave those once in a while). This brew is worth a shot.

3.1/5  rDev +22%

So I had a few beers while watching football on a Sunday. Saw this big can in the fridge and thought a Natural Light is a nice light beer to sip on over the course of a 3 hr. NFL game. About 1/2 way through I was feeling quite tipsy and though, "Natural Light can't get me this buzzed". So then I did a quick lookup on Beer Advocate only to realize that this wasn't just a 25oz can of Natural Light but a 8% Malt Liquor. That explained why I got hammered on a Sunday afternoon.

So for a $1.70 can of 8%ABV 25oz brew, its actually respectable all things considered. It took a while to realize I wasn't drinking usual InBev water barley beer. Although it said 8% ABV on can, I figured it was still a Natural Light but actualized for usual swill idiots that it was a 25 oz can. Turns out I was played the fool.

3.75/5  rDev +47.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

2.49/5  rDev -2%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

3.15/5  rDev +24%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

(25 oz can, poured into a Chouffe tulip)

L: head sizzles out, quick and loud... very pale, yellow-brass color liquid, very clear-filtered... seriously looks like water with a few drops of gold food dye... appears almost entirely still

S: champagne, stomach acid... wet leaves, un-buttery Ritz crackers... very little booze, background hint of corn syrup... not all that unlike the malt and ester aromas of a Belgian lager

T: has the requisite malt liquor flavors, just quite fuzzy-dull around the edges... somewhat watery finish, certainly dry... marginal hint of phenolic spice... alcohol well-hidden... the malt backbone is ok, just lacking hi-definition

F: smooth and marginally tingly... bit of bitterness and alcohol warmth lingering toward back of palate... pretty damn dry finish and afterglow... a little parching, overall

O: maybe the palest and clearest malt liquor I've encountered (if that means anything)... looks like champagne, tastes like a malt sports drink... the taste doesn't pop nor have the malt depth that my faves do... it does kinda grow on ya toward the end, but it's too slow out of the gate... but I'd have one again, if necessary

1.66/5  rDev -34.6%

absolutly AWEFUL cheap 8 alc folume beer. this by far is the worst beer I ever had I do not know why as it tasted mutch like other cheap beers but must be something in it. i cannot say mutch for it's taste or smell becuase after drinking only 2 i started pukeing violently. to down the other 2 i had to wait a week and mix it in with other beers. must be something in it that caused me to become sick.

i would not recomend this beer to anyone unless pukeing is what you consider a good time.

3.54/5  rDev +39.4%

alright now, I've had me a ton of shitty beers over the years and I can say certainly clear that Natty Daddy is not one of them. Price mean a damn thing to me, at this moment, I cant think of a beer I'd rather have that weren't craft brewed.

This beer is fucking great for the price, and fucking great besides.

Amen, God is great. Thank you, Enjoy.

1.24/5  rDev -51.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

2.5/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.18/5  rDev -14.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Natty Daddy (8%) from Anheuser-Busch