Natty Daddy (8%) | Anheuser-Busch

poor
Natty Daddy (8%)Natty Daddy (8%)

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by Luigi on 09-18-2011

Reviews: 103 | Ratings: 246
2.75/5  rDev +8.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 4

They were out of keystone ice and I spied these little gems priced 3 for $3. I grew up on mickie's and colt45 so I am not adverse to a little buzz beer. I was pleasantly surprised it was not at all super skunky or burny. I have had occasion to sip a camo beer and this was no where near the horrid bilge that stuff is. Nowadays beer comes in different colors, flavors, alc %s, etc. This at least comes across as resembling the original german style beverage.

3.34/5  rDev +31.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This product is great for what it is: a cheap, high-octane, malt liquor that's easy to swallow and carries a heavy punch. It's best for those days when you want to get drunk quickly for under four dollars. Around here, a can usually costs under 2 dollars and, when I drink it quickly, gives me a pretty nice buzz. Two cans and I'm officially drunk. Sure, it's not the best tasting beer, but what do you expect for something that costs less than most big bottles of soda. This is my goto cheap-ass beer.

1.54/5  rDev -39.4%

This is by far the worst beer I have ever had. It is straw colored. It kind of smells like plastic. you can smell the alcohol in it. The taste is kind of sour. I took about 2 drinks of it and got almost instant gut rot. It might make me really sick if I drank a whole one.

2.4/5  rDev -5.5%

24oz can poured into a snifter.

A: Pours a clear light golden pale with a two finger white head. Fairly quick to dissipate, the head doesnt leave much lacing on the glass. Not too much visible carbonation.

S: Typical aroma of most BMC beers with a slightly sweeter malt body and more alcohol presence.

T: Not totally offensive in the flavor department. Corn sweetness is the main character of this brew. Booze is well hidden for 8% as long as you drink it cold. Will admit I thought this was going to be worse than it was.

M: Light body with fairly low carbonation. Somewhat clean finish, not too sticky from all the malts.

Overall its a strong beer to get you drunk. As someone else mentioned, the can states its both a lager and an ale which is pretty funny. Drink this sucker cold.

2.99/5  rDev +17.7%

From the 24 ounce can it pours gold with one finger of quickly vanishing white foamy head. A small ring of white remains. Two or three spots of lacing.
Smell is fermented apple skins with a kiss of corn.
Taste is like Natural Light with a half jigger of vodka dumped in it. The malts and corn vie for the lead with the alcohol winning out. There is probably a kiss of hops somewhere in this brew but hard to prove. Malty and boozy. At least it is not the liquid candy that many of these malt liquors taste like.
Mouthfeel is fizzy and light. Finish is sweet of course but later a measure of dryness creeps in.
Overall I don't claim to have tried all the malt bombs available but this is at least average so far. You can tell it is related to Natural Light/ Ice.

4.4/5  rDev +73.2%

I like this beer because it's a smooth tasting beer and it's inexpensive.
If I have two sleepless nights I buy 2 Natty Daddy's (24 oz cans) and begin
drinking around 8 pm. It just makes me relax and around 10 or 10:30 pm
I go to bed and fall asleep pretty quickly and don't wake up till 6 or 7 am.

3.29/5  rDev +29.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

A lot of the reviews on this beer are unfair. It has already been said, but this beer is not brewed for beer aficionados. I usually drink craft beers that are brewed for flavor, so this is different for me. This beer is a cheap 8% ABV beer that is marketed for the buzz over the flavor. I purchased it almost as a joke and felt like I was being brave in a way for drinking it. I'm not a total stranger to high gravity beers, but before I opened this Natty Daddy, I didn't expect to be able finish it.

This is so much better than I would have ever thought! It will give you a quick buzz and the flavor and mouthfeel aren't so bad. Personally, I would use this as a pregamer for sporting events and concerts. I'd much rather drink a 24oz of this before going into a venue than overspend stale tasting bud lights inside.

I recommend this for people who would like to get buzzed fast or would like to catch a buzz on a budget. This will get you drunk.

3.32/5  rDev +30.7%

okay, let me start out by saying I have drank everything from boones farm to the highest end single malt scotch, I am a big fan of natural ice ... so I saw this and I had to try it, I will agree it is definitely no natural ice ... but, It is what it is... and that is a quick buzz in a can... or 2 to 3 cans, whatever... anyways, for what it is it is not half bad, but if I had a few extra bucks I would just slam a 12 pack of natural ice and call it a sure thing.

1.85/5  rDev -27.2%

Well folks ... I am a retired chemistry teacher, now working as a chef in a restaurant that now sells "beer to go" ... I guess that my "attention" was "piqued" by the "NattyDaddy" display which "highlighted" the 8.0% alcohol by volume content. So .. yep .. I bought a 24 ounce can ... the taste was HORRIBLE ... to me like, "liquid aluminum" .. but .. the 8% worked its "magic" ... so your choice is obviously ... "taste or effect" (or is it affect?) Oh yea ... we sell it for $1.29 for a 24 ounce can!

Haha, all you arrogant so called beer connoisseurs would be begging for an ice cold 24oz can of Natty Daddy on a hot summer day if you were without. And you would love every drop of its perfectly intoxicating effects! Had to give this beer all 5' to offset all the undeserved haters. This is a mega brewed beer. You should rate accordingly and not go comparing it to craft beers. It does a great job at being what it is meant to be. So go buy a 24oz Natty Daddy and revel in its perfectly intoxicating glory.

1.96/5  rDev -22.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

tastes like diesel fuel watered down and fizzy
and im suprised i actually like natural ice . but this was garbage , id rather drink old englishe hurricane HG , i think i tolerated magnum better

avoid at all costs unless you want to share it and see your friends puke in their mouth

almost as bad as stack and kringle crack this is the 4rd worst beer i have ever had next to icehouse and mickeys even camo xrta isnt as bad

update: 2/10/14 this isn't half bad 2 for $3
yeah corny fizzy and 8% abv

but really as re-reviewed natrual ice wasn't as good as i remember , icehouse is way better
so take the taste of natural ice and make it more corny and stronger achohol after taste but not by much, you get naddydatty its ok its not quite as good as shlitz high gravity or icehouse edge , its just below,old English steel reserve and hurricane , but not by much .

still better than dogbite /(genesee high gravity , and the dreaded stack or camo (which i havent had but its probably better )

its a ok , not horrible not great but ok for a high gravity ,

1.93/5  rDev -24%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Poured this American Malt Liquor from a 22 oz can into a pint glass. Poured a bright yellow color, produced a small white head, poor retention and it left no lacing on the glass. The aroma consisted of light malt, adjuncts. Not much doing. Light in body, this brew had a foundation of thin malted grain, there is just a touch of hops- semi sweet. Watery, thin, not much flavor to speak of. Another weak offering from AB.

1.99/5  rDev -21.7%

24 fl oz. can. Natty Daddy, my first official review on BeerAdvocate of an Anheuser-Busch product. I'm a little frightened, to be quite honest. This can has obviously been sitting for a while, the lip was dirty and I had to wash it off, and the can is pretty banged up. Code on the bottom which I won't bother with. Poured into a Firestone Walker pint glass, for the sake of my own dignity.

A - Pours three fingers of quickly dissolving eggshell white head, audibly fizzing away. Typical urine malt liquor yellow appearance. Some bubbles, and some sediment twirling around. Thin streaks of lacing near the bottom of the glass.

S - Smells of dusty, stale, malt and corn adjuncts, old man sweat, and contempt.

T - Artificially sweet sugary corn syrup type taste. Malty, far too artificially sweet. Doesn't have any real legitimate corn taste, just artificial adjuncts, fruitiness, and syrup. I guess the main point of all that is to cover the vague notion of rubbing alcohol that begins to creep out as you sip on this.

M - Feel is dry and bitter, actually. Slight medicinal aftertaste, but not as disgusting as the Steel Reserve 211 High Gravity. Carbonation isn't nearly as awful and bloating as it could be.

Overall, this Anheuser-Busch Natty Daddy gets the thumbs down. Too fake, syrupy, sweetened, and virtually flavorless. If it weren't for the 8.00% abv, there would be absolutely no reason to drink this at all. This beer is nearly as bad as the Steel Reserve 211 High Gravity, although maybe not quite as awful. This is among one of the worst beers I have ever drank, but I have definitely had worse.

Anheuser-Busch Natty Daddy ---2/5.

2.4/5  rDev -5.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Natty Daddy is what it is... a cheap "GET ME BUZZED" (or drunk) beer. It isn't a beer for fans of beer, but those that actually HATE beer. There's nothing about this beer that's particularly good, and it's actually somewhat off-putting. The beginning sip is highly carbonated with corn. Immediately after, there's a really odd Sweet & Low sweetness followed by "dirty" malts. The most "bleh" thing about this (and many adjuncts in my opinion) is that fake, artificial sugar flavor. Corn syrup? I don't know what it is, but it's not pleasant.

Natty Daddy is what I said it is, and what everybody thinks of it as -- a beer for a buzz. At 8%, it'll do the job... it's not a beer to drink when you want to enjoy what you're drinking.

2.49/5  rDev -2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Ah come on people! This is a beer reviewing website.... Yes, this is cheap, bottom shelf beer, yes it is definitely not high brow beer, but you know what? This beer isn't anywhere as bad as all the 1 scores it has received. This beer is for quick buzz drinkers, or maybe a party day at the river. This is not an aficionado beer. Anyways, this beer pours a light golden malty color. It is nearly clear in appearance, has a very acidic mouth feel, it is strong on the tongue and has an overabundance of froth and lace. This beer is nowhere near world class, but it is nowhere near the worst of the world class.

2.88/5  rDev +13.4%

Handsome blue can 24 ozs from a local 7/11 type. $1.59 This better be good $1.59 for this type of beer! No idea of the colour as i have this from the can wrapped in the proper brown bag. Aroma i can make out is sweet malts,perfumy that’s about it Taste sweet semi sweet apple,slight tobacco, a little toasted bread a tiny bit of Halls mentholyptus. Not to shabby for style Palate is fine for style and the carbonation works.Alcohol is hidden which is a tremendous plus for this style. Overall not to bad for the style.

I am not about to try this beer. I have a story to tell and it is quite interesting! A man in a nearby town killed a woman and admitted to drinking Natty Daddy beer after the killing. I work in a convience store. Every time I wait on a customer, that is what I think of...that man and the graphic detail of how he killed that lady. I didn't know her. One of my customers came in the store on a Monday or Tuesday and was buying that beer. I told him of the man that killed that lady and my customer said it wasn't the beer that killed her. I told him he is correct, but when you are "sober" you aren't as big as you are when you are drunk. Wednesday came and went. Thursday came...he got into an argument with his wife and it could have been physical though the police are saying there weren't signs of physical altercations on her body. She was hit by a car and killed. Two woman are DEAD from men drinking this beer. Ironic?!?!?!?!?!? That is what I would like to know, which brought me to this site. stillbuff and i quote says on here (7-2-12) "totally tasted the booze and thoughts of doing bad sh*t immediately came through my head which told me that this was a good malt liquor." THOUGHTS OF DOING BAD SH*T IMMEDIATELY CAME THROUGH MY HEAD...hmmm. Another quote from thekevlarkid (1-29-12) "Nothing to speak of and clearly just a beer that's trying to get people ripped so they'll be half conscious when they mug someone in a row house and smoke their chiba one the street before being hit by a car because that is how it is done here in Balitmore. Awesome." BEFORE BEING HIT BY A CAR. Yep! That is how it is done where I am too because now there are FIVE children without a beautiful mother. Death is something serious that doesn't happen every day and for two men to be involved in deaths with women after drinking this beer, is it ironic or is it THE beer??? I am not going to try it!

2.79/5  rDev +9.8%

A - Pours very clear yellow with a small bubbly white head. Leaves no lacing.

S - Smells heavily of malt, Moderate amounts of green apple, slighty grainy.

T - A bit adjuncty up front, green apple soon follows, corn flakes come next, slighty tingly on the tongue from the alcohol. Green apple flavor sticks around long after the drink.

M - Light crisp body with a moderate amount of tingly carbonastion. Fits the beer.

O - Overall, Pretty good for what it is but only a decent beer in general. Would do well at a party. This was the last one of these at the small grocery store that I work at and it had been sitting for a few months so it's probably a bit stale but whatever.

2.01/5  rDev -20.9%

Anheuser Busch : Natty DADDY

APPEARANCE: Kept it classy and poured it into a pint glass from the 24oz can. Pale straw yellow. Little head, no lace really.

SMELL: Stale, sweet corn and rice, a bit of musty arm pit. Smells like oxidized college keg beer.

TASTE: A big sweet demon, lots of corn and rice, really no hop bitterness and scarce to no other flavors. Flash of bland maltyness, more sweet and does a fair job at masking the alcohol if nothing else. The off scent of the beer thankfully was not present in the taste. Alittle bit of oxidized green apple. Eh, this is a pretty sweet malt liquor, even by hobo standards.

FEEL: Medium bodied, yet very flimsy and watery.

OVERALL: This is a sweet one dimensional beer that will get you drunk. Play your beer pong with caution dudes.

2.83/5  rDev +11.4%

I decided to stop into the local Kangaroo Express, just wanted something to lighten the day. A 'Kid", probably 20 years younger than me, said to his girquilfriend.. while pointing to Natty Daddy, .. "2 of those will knock you off your feet." I asked about the alcohol content, adnd he said 8%.
_ It was that kind of a day, and I purchased 2 - 24oz. -- Well, the first one went down like a water, and by the second one... I was getting a buzz. But.. the buzz quickly left. Seems like its just like any AHBush beers...
_ I didn't taste any malt. .. A strong malt, won't let you chug down.. it kinda makes to savor the flavor.
Next time, I'll pay a few cents more ... just get a couple of Corona's or Heinekin's .

2.62/5  rDev +3.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A- Pours very aggressively into a pilsner glass. About a 5 finger head. Very pale, straw yellow body with a frothy white head. Clarity is very good. Ok retention and no lacing.

S- Very light with cereal grains abundant. Hardly any of the usual skunked and malted flavors of most malt liquors. Smells just like a Natural Light.

T- Surprisingly inoffensive. Hints of the malts sneak in with the cereal grains, altering the flavor profile slightly from a normal Natty Light. Almost some fruity flavors mixed in. Corn is main grain flavor and flavor is light, just like the smell.

M- Light and highly carbonated. Cannot detect the alcohol. Somewhat refreshing when cold.

Overall, not terrible for a malt liquor. If I had to drink ghetto-style, this would be my choice. Not great, but not terrible, and still tastes sort of like a beer.

3.36/5  rDev +32.3%

Reviewed to style - not my favorite style, but surprisingly good for the style!

Pulled up at my local and realized that my wallet was in my desk drawer at work. So, I dug through the ashtray for change - I found $2.fiddy. I see where this is going....

A: Served in the blue can it came in - proper drinkware for this IMHO. I'm sure there's some sorta concoction in there, do I really want to see it? 2.0 for the funky font on the can.

S: Wow! Granted it's not Stone Ruination, but for a Malt Liquor it's --- not awful! A bit of grain, some fruitiness - adjunct based alcohol? A whole lot of metallic canniness....(made that werd up meself!)

T: Pretty darn good! Tastes a lot like a somewhat old, low end lager to me. A lot of steely grain, not cloyingly sweet, 8% alcohol is well masked.

M: Lager - a tad oily at the end of the can, one was enough. Any more and it would get ugly quick.

O: I was shocked - I expected this to be on par with Steel Reserve, but it really wasn't horrible. It wasn't good, but considering that I got it with ashtray money, it was amazingly drinkable.

Recommended if you find yourself in my situation!

After reading a few of the other reviews, I really wish I'd been at County Line beach and drank this as StillBuff did! ROFL on the "...thoughts of doing bad sh*t..."

3.25/5  rDev +28%

This is what Bud Light Platinum should taste like...

why this is in the American Malt Liquor category is a bit odd...this is a lager...i will review it as such.

24oz can bought at Stripes in Lubbock Texas for $1.29...on sale when it was first released. its $1.99 now.

easily the best in the Natural line...drinks like a Natty Ice but not a horrible afterbite like a Natty Ice...it leaves a typical lager aftertaste...not much at all

This is a incredibly smooth and light lager for 8.0%

the taste isnt outstanding but its not bad...one of the best A-B brands. Natty Daddy and Hurricane High Grav are where its at for economy drinking,ABV and some sort of flavor when it comes to the big brewers

If they lowered the price a tad in some areas,itd be the goto drunkfest beer for the college set.

Its worth a try once...its way better than Natural Ice...that being said...its slightly above average.lol

3.12/5  rDev +22.8%

Curiousity and a general desire to be young and without responsibility lead me to purchase just one of these little jewels from my local money-laudering-mart. Alas, I'm niether young nor without significant responsibility, so I will enjoy this mildly sweet high test malt beverage, and hope none of my esteemed friends or colleagues ever make the connection between my BA gang name and my true identity.

Pleasantly surprised. When compared to a baseline of it's peers, it performs admirably well. I taste only the faintest hint of barley derived flavor...everything else is pure adjunct flavoring. The surprise is that it is so well balanced that I can not pinpoint the bastardized sugar source. Well done, Natty.

Mouthfeel is crisp cool and dangerously refreshing.

Best Malt liquor on the market.

2.14/5  rDev -15.7%

Drank this at the beach illegally in a brown bag like any man should.
Had a real "suck" taste. Being a man of no money I have a lot of experience with malt liquors and I still enjoyed this. Totally tasted the booze and thoughts of doing bad sh*t immediately came through my head which told me that this was a good malt liquor. Sent some real stupid texts to chicks after this beer... Drink this if its on sale.

Natty Daddy (8%) from Anheuser-Busch