Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...

Natty Daddy (8%) | Anheuser-Busch

Natty Daddy (8%)Natty Daddy (8%)
2.45/5
Poor
Natty Daddy (8%)Natty Daddy (8%)

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by Luigi on 09-18-2011

1.66/5  rDev -32.2%

absolutly AWEFUL cheap 8 alc folume beer. this by far is the worst beer I ever had I do not know why as it tasted mutch like other cheap beers but must be something in it. i cannot say mutch for it's taste or smell becuase after drinking only 2 i started pukeing violently. to down the other 2 i had to wait a week and mix it in with other beers. must be something in it that caused me to become sick.

i would not recomend this beer to anyone unless pukeing is what you consider a good time.

3.54/5  rDev +44.5%

alright now, I've had me a ton of shitty beers over the years and I can say certainly clear that Natty Daddy is not one of them. Price mean a damn thing to me, at this moment, I cant think of a beer I'd rather have that weren't craft brewed.

This beer is fucking great for the price, and fucking great besides.

Amen, God is great. Thank you, Enjoy.

1.24/5  rDev -49.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

2.5/5  rDev +2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.18/5  rDev -11%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.26/5  rDev -7.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

I fully expected to have an Isis-Inspired Attack in my toilet the next morning. Much to my surprise, I did not.

2.15/5  rDev -12.2%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

Okay, okay. I know this beer is not great. But, why would people buy this beer? Because its cheap and powerful. In that regard it is great. I am sure if I had the disposable income I'd buy another beer. BUT I DON'T. I'd also like to warn people about this beer. I drank 5 cans and that was way, way too much. Trust me.
After the first can its starts tasting very good. Before you know it, BAM. your crying for your Mama.

3.17/5  rDev +29.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 4.75

I like this stuff usually its pretty affordable or cheap enough you know. and if you drink a few of these things you get feeling pretty good, does get you sort of weird and sometimes tired so must be careful with this but it is cheap so really is pretty good

2.48/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

3.44/5  rDev +40.4%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Surprisingly decent for a $cheap!$ beer, very drinkable even if I wouldn't brag about it. The 8% d oes the job of getting you trashed.secretly like a wino drinking MD 20/20 hide it in a brown paper bag and enjoy!

3.45/5  rDev +40.8%

Similar to Bud Light Platinum but tastes better. Easier to drink with way less nasty aftertaste. Goes down smooth for a cheap and strong beer. Really it does not have much taste but you can tell it's not a light beer. Just surprised it's better than Bud Light Platinum, unless I got a bad batch, and it's only 6% alc/volume not 8% unless it changed or something. Overall just an east drinking and strong cheap beer that competes with the other cheap and strong beers. Give this a chance you might like it. I just don't like the name it's trying too much.

2.58/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

I admit it. I'm the type that always says they're going to stay away from A-B/InBev products. I rail them every single time they buy out a craft brewery and cheapen their appeal (my words). But, for some godforsaken reason, I couldn't resist picking up their cheaper offerings. Let me explain. I don't have the money to buy a really nice IPA or a proper pilsner. So, my options were limited to dreck like Bud, Bud Light, Labatt and Molson tallboys. Aha, this has 8%? What a surprise. 2 for $2.39 and tax? Can't really beat that either. Here goes.

Pours the color of urine when you are dehydrated (yellow that leans more dark) with a frothy head into my glass.

Whew, what a strong industrial scent! Not that sweet either. To be fair, it's pretty much the norm for the style.

It even tastes cheap and bland. Not as lively as a high-end sparkling water but what do you expect? Grainy texture gives off the illusion of “smoothness”.

Ever pop a mouthful of Fritos in your mouth and then take note of the aftertaste? That's what you're getting here. On the plus side, it doesn't burn. Helps you forget that this is an 8% malt liquor.

There are probably better things that I could have bought with my money. Natty Daddy does fulfill the commandments of cheap beer being that it's 1. cheap, 2. high gravity (8%-up) and 3. smooth and inoffensive. Natty Daddy also makes a wonderful conversation piece, especially when someone sings the praises of an A-B/InBev owned craft brewery. That's when you need to start singing the praises of Natty Daddy.

2.01/5  rDev -18%

2.25/5  rDev -8.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.44/5  rDev -0.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

2.21/5  rDev -9.8%

2.62/5  rDev +6.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

3.76/5  rDev +53.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I'm an English ex pat and out of all the american beers I would have to say this is the best. no heartburn , tastes good when cold, and gets you v.nicely drunk. The price is reasonable and in comparison I would have to say it's not far off my favorite beer Stella Artois for half the price over here. Don't be a snob and be put off by the name. A grade for a shit name

2.25/5  rDev -8.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

3.76/5  rDev +53.5%

I am a little confused about the other reviews on this site, The Natty Daddy I got here looks like the picture but it is a Lager and 6% vol (not 8% as stated).

It wasnt particulary cheap either $15 for 24 cans, I can get just about any beer around that price, but that is not why we are here.

I think it has a smooth taste and the most important thing for me is that it does not give me heartburn like most beers does, it also does not make me feel like poop when I wake up even after a dozen or so of these.

Someone mentioned steel reserve which I am also a huge fan of, but let's face it SR messes up your system badly, which is why I ventured out and found these.

All in all they fit my pallet good and I really like them, but I do wish they were the 8% that were mentioned here.

2.74/5  rDev +11.8%

2.78/5  rDev +13.5%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.25

3.4/5  rDev +38.8%
look: 2 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I'm a big fan of Steel Reserve. Steel Reserve taste pretty bad (not nearly as bad as a Malt like Colt. 45), but it's cheap, and has a nice strong kick.
Anyway, my closest liquor store stopped selling them, and I was forced to pick up Natty Daddy at the time, seeing as it was the only canned beverage close to Steel Reserve in Alc./Vol. (8%, VS Steel Reserve's 8.1%)

My experiences in the past with Natty-brand beers have been unfavorable: Me and a friend had a horrible lousy evening trying out a 24 pack of Natty Ice, and the only other person I know who drinks Natty-brand regularly is the local whino. Most people I know, even in a moment of desperation, would think twice about picking up a Natty-brand beer. Especially one called "Natty Daddy", what the hell?

But I was surprised by this one. I picked it up out of frustration before, and a few days later [today], I decided to give it another try. I'm writing this review while half way through a can of Natty Daddy. (...GOD that's a stupid name)
It's a cheap Lager, that just about manages to have the kick of a Malt, and it's surprisingly smooth for one. The taste is the most un-offending out of any cheap beverages on this level that I've tried. It's obviously not good, but there is a satisfying level of refinement. Very surprising [I'm using that word a lot], for a cheap strong beverage.

In conclusion: there are better options out there, even for cheap beverages. But this is not nearly as bad as I expected out of a Natty brand. They did something right here, and I tip my hat to them for that.

2.53/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

This is not good beer. Not at all. But its not terrible either. Well, yeah its kind of terrible. But it goes down easy. There are some decent fruity flavors there. And its cheap. So if you want some inexpensive beer, with a kick(8% abv), this is for you. Otherwise, I don't recommend it.

3.13/5  rDev +27.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I bought a case of this stuff at Walmart in Butte, Mt for about 14 bucks- that's 58 cents a can, folks! I don't think I've seen this for sale anywhere else around here. This beer has an ABV of "only" 6 percent.

A semi-aggressive pour from a 12 ounce can into a shaker pint produces enough head to fill the glass. This quickly reduces to a ring of lace around the sides and a little wispy island. The beer is a pale straw color with light carbonation.

The aroma has a distinct whiff of DMS suggesting corn but also a bit of a fruity alcohol aroma. The flavor is quite mild and easy to drink with just a tad bit of wet cardboard flavor. There is a distinct sweetness and boozy fruitiness, with grainy flavors lingering in the aftertaste. The mouth feel is slightly spritzy and even a little creamy on the tongue.

This beer is quite drinkable and even at a mere 6 percent ABV could be dangerous. I think I've discovered my new favorite ultra-cheap beer!

Natty Daddy (8%) from Anheuser-Busch