Bud Light Platinum

View: Beers
Reviews: 386 | Ratings: 1,973 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
luckyseven from Michigan

2.96/5  rDev +35.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.25

This is a beautiful beer to sit down a get a nice buzz off of. As far as looks go, I drink out of the bottle and the bottle of this bad boy is a beautiful dark blue. This smells like your average American lager but I will say it has a bit more of a bold taste than your regular Miller or Coors Light. This is quite a grainy beer but a smooth and easy-to-drink one, nonetheless. Finally, the feel is one of the best for an American lager. With the 6% ABV, as I said, you get an incredible buzz off a few while barely noticing you are finishing them off!

May 29, 2021
Beerdanza from Michigan

1.95/5  rDev -11%

I used to drink a lot more beer, for the effects, and sometimes I would drink this. Cheap, and enough alcohol that two 24oz cans will give you a decent buzz. I guess that would be the positive part of the review. I just tried it for the first time in a while. Bought a 24oz can. Poured into a beer stein. Watery yellow, with a large head that disappears almost immediately. It smells kind of like corn syrup and rubbing alcohol. The taste is like a hint of beer, and it's quite fizzy.

You know what? This is beer-flavored hard seltzer!

Jan 14, 2021
johnnnniee from New Hampshire

3.47/5  rDev +58.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bottle left at my house.
Brilliantly clear light gold in color with a huge bubbly white head that dissipates quickly. Sweet bready crackery light green apple sulfur and wet cardboard. Not horrible.

Dec 29, 2020
OK_Denise from Oklahoma

3.1/5  rDev +41.6%

I have to say that I was surprised at how decent this beer is. Is it awesome..no. But it is not bad at all. Nothing really special about the taste but it is quite drinkable. Not heavy at all considering the 6% ALC.

Nov 14, 2020
ghettogero from Georgia

4.4/5  rDev +100.9%

Not super good, but it's drinkable. Very sweet going in, with a noticeable aftertaste that is even sweeter and kind of...off. Not a snob so I'll just say this. If i'm just wanting a few drinks of something that tastes good this will not be my go to. But if I am wanting to get beer drunk throughout an entire day, the 6% is very appealing with at least a tolerable flavor. 4/5 because its not the best flavor wise but hey, 6% is 50% more alcohol than 4%. It gets the job done if you want it to.
I guess to match the forum -
Look: ?? i just drink it? I dont care what it looks like
Smell: Beer. Just your standard cheap beer.
Taste: Sweet (for a beer). I hate sweetness and literally almost vomit after eating cake. But it doesnt taste like sugar like others have stated.
Feel: Like beer. Really, almost everything about this is pretty standard.
Overall: Guess that's what my first paragraph was about. If you're that worried just spend 14 bucks for a 12 pack and find out.

Sep 23, 2020
BloodSoakedAleMug from New York

2.48/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Look: Pours a very bubbly golden yellow color with a half finger white head.

Aroma: Red apple, tangy pear. Some minor sour green apple. Gentle breadyness.

Taste: Cereal, mostly corn flakes and cheerios. Some lightly toasted bread. It tastes more malty than regular bud light, with less off-metallic and sour flavors. Red apple and pear in the background, coming in only briefly after the initial breadyness fades out. Ends on a clean, but somewhat tiresome flavor of white sugar.

Feel: Sticky. Medium body, Medium carbonation. If this was less syrupy it'd be a lot better, the sugar really comes through on the mouthfeel to make it feel a lot heavier than it needs to be. Borderline unctuous.

Overall: This isn't bad, but it's very sugary. I don't know if I'd buy this over bud light, mostly because of the body. Part of the appeal of BL is being able to crush multiple cans back to back. The mouthfeel on this is just slightly too sticky and sugary to be sessionable, but to it's credit it does have a better flavor, it's just not as "crisp" or refreshing. This would pair well with food like burgers and hot dogs, or really anything off the grill in the summer, although on it's own it's a little overbearingly sweet.

Aug 24, 2020
jwp777 from Oklahoma

1.34/5  rDev -38.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

I didn’t have a whole lot of confidence going in on this one. Good thing too. Poured from a 12 oz bottle:

Appearance isn’t bad. It pours a VERY light straw color with a bubbly white head that sticks around for a little while, at least around the circumference of the glass. Lots of carbonation bubbles. Not exceptional but not bad.

Smell. Uh oh. The smell was mainly alcohol, maybe a bit of corn, but it was very faint indeed.

Taste... yikes. The bottle says “brewed for the night.” I hope no one ever has as bad of a night as they must have been having when this came to be. It’s a bit sweet right off the bat, but then turns to a watered down argument between booze, corn, and hops, and the booze wins. The beer leaves an almost metallic film on my tongue on the way down.

Feel - the carbonation is nice, and the body is obviously light, but I cannot get over the nasty film in my mouth. Thankfully the beer is chuggable so it can be over quickly and the 6% doesn’t feel like it’s there until later.

Overall - Bud Light is preferable to this in almost any scenario I can imagine. Not good.

*Note*
I had a second bottle, this time while eating Fritos, and that seemed to help with the metallic film. Didn’t make the beer better though, haha.

Aug 01, 2020
Dingbat88 from Louisiana

2.33/5  rDev +6.4%

Oh man this one is rough. When i first saw it I thought it might be pretty good. Boy was I in for a surprise. I won't say its a bad beer but I have never had a beer that tastes less like a beer. Wasn't really sure what I was drinking. Overall not for me.

Jul 17, 2020
UristMcBrewer from Pennsylvania

1.8/5  rDev -17.8%

The beer is a transparent yellow with quickly dissipating head. There isn't much on the nose, vague alcohol notes mostly. The taste is bad. It is full of fusel alcohol and other off flavors, but with an initial sweetness. The feel isn't too watery and has good carbonation. Overall, this reminds me a lot of a malt liquor.

May 03, 2020
CoryIanShafer from Pennsylvania

1.67/5  rDev -23.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Picked up on a whim while mulching my flower beds. I was a bit leary with it being a bud product, but for a 1.50 I thought I'd give it a try. Looks likes lemoncello with fizz and a small white head, I can read this text through it easily. Smell of corn, strong breads, grass and hay, green bananas, but there is a slight piney, citrusy smell. The Smell may be the best part thus far, but there's also an odd smell that comes in at the back end like puddle water on a hot day. It feels like seltzer, what is this made from? Overall, one or two good or quenching thirst during yard work, but you'll need something to wash your mouth from the odd aftertaste.

Apr 05, 2020
maddogruss from New Jersey

2.13/5  rDev -2.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

Had this from a bottle.
A: pours light yellow body with small white head with no retention or lacing.
S: sweet, corn-like smell
T: tastes like a watered down lager; nothing special
M: light bodied; fairly crisp
O: not a special beer; had it to try it, but won’t be a go to anytime soon.

Feb 03, 2020
Davedrinkinbeer from Indiana

3.48/5  rDev +58.9%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Beer pours a clear pale yellow color with a small white head. Smell is spice, corn, hops, biscut, and a faint malt scent. Taste is corn, with spice and mild hops taste, and is even thru the mouthful. Beer finishes dry, with a slight aftertaste and medium carbonation.

Beer is very much like a Bud Light Ice, certainly a much better beer than Bud Light. Beer is also a bit lighter than a Budweiser. This is the best tasting light AAL beer by far from the macro brewers. Not a bad beer overall and a good beer for summer.

Jan 25, 2020
mngermanshepherd from Minnesota

2.85/5  rDev +30.1%

Pours a lager colour with carbonation bubbles that float well after the pour. No head whatsoever. Smell is rice/adjuncts; taste is fizzy, rice and the typical Bud flavour.

Dec 11, 2019
defunksta from North Dakota

4.03/5  rDev +84%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Appearance: Pours a clear, champagne-like golden color with a small white head. SRM of 6. It looks just like the beer does in the commercial. A beauty. (4.25)

Aroma: Aromas of pale malts, cereal, cracker, corn, & malt liquor. Pale malts here. (3.75)

Flavor: Strong flavors of pale malts. Lots of cereal with a milky sweetness. Soggy cereal. Finishes smooth slightly sweet. (4.25)

Feel: Medium-bodied. Low carbonation. Extremely smooth and long on the palate. Feels milky. Alcohol is hidden well within the body. (3.75)

Overall: A surprisingly good stronger American lager. More alcohol, but also a larger body and milky cereal sweetness to hide the alcohol. Overall, it's a better beer than your typical Bud Light, but it depends what you want. If you want to crush a number of them, this one could be dangerous. On the other hand, if you are wanting a more complex, and flavorful beer... well there's craft beer for that. Not convinced a craft beer drinker would be rushing to pick this up. Still it's a good beer and better than many light beers. (Final Rating: 4.03)

Nov 03, 2019
EMH73 from New York

1.69/5  rDev -22.8%

Left over from a party my daughter had so I had to try it for scientific purposes. Basically it looks like a beer and that is the only positive thing I can say. Just carbonated and flavored water. Weird and artificial corn and malt flavors oddly sweet. Awful, just awful.

Nov 01, 2019
MtnBiker from Oklahoma

2.1/5  rDev -4.1%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 1.75

What can you expect, a product from them to be good? No, but it is what it is, glorified swill. Had a bottle left by a friend in the fridge. Smells like rice, corn and bread. Looks like a pilsner so I'll give it that. Feel is like a pilsner, thin. Oh, this is supposed to be a lager? It's sure doesn't seem like it. Taste is weird, it's like normal Bud but with a sweetness at the end that is not unlike old champagne. I dunno, I see how people get used to this kind of stuff when that's all they drink, but after drinking 4 Pseudo Sue's, this just tastes terrible. I may have one with a neighbor and not bitch about it just to be kosher but, I'm not going to buy any for myself.

Oct 29, 2019
SFC21 from Florida

1.78/5  rDev -18.7%

This is objectively bad. Almost tastes like a Bud Medium. Has some Bud flavors and some Bud Light flavors. But the finish is this weird, dry sweetness. Almost like day old champagne.

Oct 26, 2019
azcottontail

1.25/5  rDev -42.9%

This was my go to beer. Light yet higher alcohol. Not a regular drinker by any stretch. I'm not a connoisseur or maybe I am in the most basic sense. I'm definitely not an expert.
I do know what I like.

I did notice they recently changed the packaging, in last 30-60 days. Noticed this right away eventhough hadn't purchased in a while.

So.....bought a six pack two nights ago, and damn! It's not just packaging that's different. Took a sip. Yuck!! What the...? Tried again. Hrll no! Tasted like shit! I dont use that word lightly. I had regularly recommend it. No more. And lost me as a buyer. I gave the six pack away.

Damn it! Why? If it ain't broke, dont try to fix it! It wasn't perfect. But it was dependable.

I'm new here. New to the rating system, numbers, ect., so may have botched it as far as that part.

Oct 24, 2019
BoiseBoiseBop from Texas

2.95/5  rDev +34.7%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

I give it a 3.25 for what it is. It does look pretty nice and not disgusting, and the carbonation lasts and is substantial which is a big deal with this. I smell a slight aroma of corn and malt syrup and alcohol ( can you smell rice or taste it in a beer?) , Taste is very neutral, but to it's credit, not what I would say overtly watery and has a modertaly good body / feel. Oh, and this thing gives you a swift kick in the butt and gets you a decided beer buzz straight away. Perfect for a broiling hot Texas summer day, when you don't want water, but you don't want, exactly , a beer per se, but which must be drank close to freezing, otherwise it gets kind of nasty.
Overall, I would not buy it again-it was on sale for 6.99, I see how if the weather was , like scorching, you could see some kind of refinement in the " triple filtered" brewing which makes for , how do you say, more quenching and clean, crisp drink without washing out on the palate, but overall, regular Bud light is overall better IMO, and I do like freezing cold
regular Bud Light, Coors, and Miller Light on a brutally hot day. There should be some kind of comparison thread on those three AAL's someplace.

Sep 12, 2019
Harrison8 from Missouri

2.38/5  rDev +8.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Pours a clear straw with a finger of white foam. Head retention is good. Aroma is corn, rye, bread and alcohol. Flavor profile is corn, bread, grain, spicy hops, white rice and alcohol on the back. Mouth feel is crisp with a softness around the edges. It has a medium-thin consistency. Overall, a little heavy on the alcohol, which disrupts the balance.

Reviewed on Beers by BeerAdvocate.

Aug 31, 2019
RaulMondesi from California

1.95/5  rDev -11%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

We all know what Bud Light is all about: fueling frat boys on game day and Nascar junkies on Sunday. And if you ask Raul, is that a bad thing? He thinks not. Now, Bud Light ain’t gonna be poured at any royal wedding, and hell, I hope it isn’t being poured at my boy Deekpot’s bachelor shindig next weekend. But right now we aren’t taking about Regular Bud Light, we are talking about his Mack daddy - Bud Platinum. Verdict? Someone bribed the jury on this one to let him free cuz this dang sucker is rank! Regular Bud is just plain and average, but this dang sucker is plain for a second, then it turns into a beer brewed by Windex.

No sir! No how! Never again for Raul.

Peace!

Aug 28, 2019
Bouleboubier from New Jersey

3.69/5  rDev +68.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.75

(22 oz blue bottle, twist off crown, code 19044; purchased cold... poured into a 28 oz mug)

L: polished-clear, pale gold liquid; tall, rocky, near pure white foam stand on pour, but it slowly crumbles apart... thin collar keeps, but little-to-no lacing... I get the blue bottle pretension, but just put this in a (blue) tallboy can where it belongs

S: delicate but forward phenolic spice (bubblegum, musty too?), champagne and/or dry cider-like note; otherwise, smells like a pale ice beer; subdued grain/malt aroma

T: apple skin and bland cereal mush combo up front, flash of softly musty spice in the finish... a few sips in, and those fade off and it's mostly a mildly-doughy, pseudo sugar-cookie affair - that taste lingers for awhile between sips, along with mild bubblegum and metallic notes... a touch less dry than a generic light lager

F: foamy touch; light-medium bodied, almost chewy midway... very easy drinking, very subtle alcohol warmth, relatively bone dry, but not watery-thin

O: more 'robust' than regular Bud Light for sure - this is more of an Ice version of it... got better as it went, relatively speaking, but its taste sits in a spot where I wanted either more (complex malts) or less (flavor) out of it (1430)

Aug 07, 2019
mazdean from Washington

3.34/5  rDev +52.5%

Totally reasonable, simple beer for the summer. 6% ABV is nice, and the beer itself tastes a little nicer than bud light but a little less heavy than Budweiser. I like to have this around for hot summer days.

Jul 27, 2019
Santosizer from California

I'm giving this a 5 because I want to drink low calorie beer that gets the job done...

It smells riper than my sack after 3 days without a shower. It tastes like vinegar. But does it keep me in shape and happy? YES! YES DAMNIT!

May 24, 2019
Shooter82 from Vermont

2.1/5  rDev -4.1%

I’m guilty of buying this on occasion! It’s not terrible, pours like water and drinks the same. However at 6% it has some value and can drink lots

Apr 18, 2019