Bud Light Platinum | Anheuser-Busch

Added by DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011

View: Beers
Ratings: 1,918 |  Reviews: 356
4.94/5  rDev +121.5%

Surprisingly good and bolder flavor than regular Bud Light.
I was expecting this beer to be siltzer water but no way. A good hint of flavor very similar to King Cobra. Let's start with the presentation. I don't like the look of the bottle or the aluminum bottle at all. Why should I even comment on the color, the foamy head or the triple filtering? Everyone knows what a American Adjunct Lager looks like.What really annoys me is the BUD LIGHT name itself. I wish Budweiser wouldn't slap that logo on everything they want to push. I guess if it sales. Thats my little rant. Moving along we go to the aroma. On the nose, the smell is clean and somewhat crisp with hints of white bread and a corn syrup smell. A tiny bit of yeast and clean water. Now for the taste. Up front you get a nice clean and refreshing spring water with crispness. What follows is a bready malt with a pleasant floral note and a semi dry clean finish. On the back end you get a tiny acetone wang but its not a deal breaker. Seems to be a slight syrup thing going on as well but I can't pinpoint it exactly. The feel is what makes this beer a winner in my book. Refreshing crispness and a medium body leaning toward the lighter end. Very smooth and easy to drink. What I enjoyed the most was that the beer was not too filling and so I didn't feel like a stuffed pig after drinking the 16oz bottle. Overall it's a great beer, not the best mind you. Getting down to it, the beer is very similar to King Cobra and most people probably couldn't tell a difference. The price for platinum is ridiculous. Good beer, but please explore more options!

1.17/5  rDev -47.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Ugh...this is by far the worst beer I've ever had, period. The alcohol taste is so overwhelming you'd think you were drinking a shot of something much stronger than a simple 6% beer, making each mouthful a horrendous experience. Before the alcohol taste, it isn't terrible, but that after-effect hits you like a train not even a second after the initial flavor, before you can even register it. This "beer" is very pale and almost clear, with little to no foam. The smell isn't as bad as the taste, but still smells like a day old trash bag left out in the sun.

On another note, I've already started forming an awful headache, not even halfway through the bottle. I'm going to finish it, merely because I spent $2.50 on this atrocity. This is far too pricey for such a low quality beer. Better off sticking to better tasting 6-8% beers.

3.12/5  rDev +39.9%

4.07/5  rDev +82.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4

1.15/5  rDev -48.4%

1.94/5  rDev -13%

3.4/5  rDev +52.5%

2.35/5  rDev +5.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

3.65/5  rDev +63.7%

1.7/5  rDev -23.8%

2.8/5  rDev +25.6%

I have only drank this beer once. It tastes good but almost immediately gave me a splitting headache. Not the beer for me.

2.5/5  rDev +12.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Very disappointing. Looked pale yellow with some foamy head, smelled slightly skunky and not that appetizing. Tastes of corn, malt and grain. Too sweet and that really hits you in the aftertaste. Not much else in the way of mouthfeel. Decent carbonation. I honestly couldn’t notice much difference between this one and the regular Bud Light.

This beer is amazing. Its a 6% light beer smooth taste, smooter than actual bud light.

2.24/5  rDev +0.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

3.85/5  rDev +72.6%

I dont like bud light but this is a good beer.

2.44/5  rDev +9.4%

2.88/5  rDev +29.1%

3.25/5  rDev +45.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I will have to go back to this one sometime and see if I can give it a higher score. Liked the 6 percent alcohol but wasn’t thrilled with the taste that much. Something off about it. I like Bud Light but something was just weird about the taste of this one. Cheers.

2.25/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.91/5  rDev +30.5%

3.64/5  rDev +63.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Very clear gold on the pour with some visible carbonation. Initial two fingers of white head crackling away into the beer.

The smell is a bit sweet and grainy. Other than that not much noted.

The taste is a lot like the smell. A bit sweet and grainy. Seems to have a bit more of the AAL taste than a light beer.

Mouth feel is a bit chewy and the beer finishes a bit slick and kind of hold onto the back of the throat for just a bit.

I will admit that this beer is actually fairly decent. Probably not something I would purchase again or seek out yet I am glad I tried it out. The aroma is very faint and the taste really follows the aroma. I guess this is maybe where the light term applies. My calorie count is stamped 137 per 12 oz. serving on my pint can. Not real sure about other light beers as I have not really paid attention to calorie counts on my beers. I would just reason out that since this has a 6% ABV that the calorie count would be higher than other light beers. That may or may not be something that could influence the shopper. Again a decent beer and may just fit what you are looking for. Cheers!

2.11/5  rDev -5.4%