Bud Light Platinum | Anheuser-Busch

Style: Light Lager

Added by DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011

Ratings: 1,863 |  Reviews: 341

3.97/5  rDev +74.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

It's total piss water but it's my favorite piss water. It's nothing special but fills the need when I'm looking for a simple drink to enjoy. Understated but good tasting flavor. It's not something I would give a sterling recommendation of but would suggest people with a light taste give a try.

3.96/5  rDev +73.7%

Appearance: Pours an extremely clear, pale yellow

Smell: Not much of a smell at all. Slight hint of yeast, but just barely. Very light.

Taste: You can definitely taste the yeast and the slight flavor of the hops. Not much to the taste but it seems sweeter and a bit breadier than plain Bud Light

M: Body is definitely fuller than regular Bud Light and the mouthfeel is less watery than bud light. Carbonation is more prominant.

O: I good tasting light beer. I would recommend this beer to people who do not drink beer very often because it is easy to drink and it is not awful as it begins to warm.

3.92/5  rDev +71.9%

3.92/5  rDev +71.9%

3.91/5  rDev +71.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

*Full Disclosure* - I am drinking some of this as I write this review Purchased at a C-Town for $8.49 per 6-pack-
I first had this during the black-out "Harbowl" where the Baltimore Ravens beat the San Francisco 49ers. We were at my friends house in his man cave and someone brought 2 cases of this stuff over.

At first glance I was attracted by the beautiful blue bottle, and since it was the only beer available i said sure why not. Two hours later we are were all nicely buzzed from this beer and astonished that this "bud light" had rendered us in this state.

For the price, ease of availability, and the surprise 6%ABV I give this beer high marks.

Bud Light Platinum gets the job done and recommend you all to try it; even if merely to lubricate the esophagus before you move on to some of your favorite imports =-)

Cheers,

St. Anthony

3.85/5  rDev +68.9%

Poured into glass it looks like its counter parts, but very carbonated. Smell was like Bud but with a little bit more behind the smell maybe an extra sniff of hops, it taste pretty good to me it is very smooth and easy to drink. Overall I think its one of Anheuser-Busch's coolest creation lately I mean more alcohol than bud and less calories I mean can't go wrong there.

3.84/5  rDev +68.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 4.25

Of course this is not a poor beer when it comes to American Light Lagers. 6.0% ABV and still light as far as taste. Beer snobs hate this and Busch Signature. Both are good beers for high alcohol American style beers. Certainly better than Malt Liquor. I'd give the edge to Busch for a better taste. But BLP is not bad and has more alcohol. People need to take their nose out of their own asses. This is a solid beer.

3.8/5  rDev +66.7%

3.78/5  rDev +65.8%

3.76/5  rDev +64.9%

3.76/5  rDev +64.9%

3.75/5  rDev +64.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Disclaimer: I am an avid home brewer who is currently on a short hiatus due to a move (to St. Louis) so I've had to resort to buying beer.

A: I've only ever consumed it directly from a can. I would ASSUME it's like light straw based on taste (or lack of). Would also assume little to no head. I don't feel right pouring this beer.

S: Very little. A little yeast and a little grain. I don't detect hops. 0 off odors. Not great not bad.

T: Honestly I didn't think a 6% beer would have so little taste. I've been told by a brewery employee that this beer is 'nano-filtered' to remove much of the color and flavor. However, while there is a lack of flavor, there is absolutely 0 off flavors. It's really clean and refreshing.

M: Thin but highly carbonated.

O: At 137 calories for 6% this isn't much more than carbonated alcohol water. If you consider what is is though I think it's a technically excellent brew. Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but something with no flavor can't taste bad. I like it since on occasion i do prefer a dry beer with a kick. Drinking it side by side with Bud Light I don't find a strong resemblance. If only they added strawberry or lime flavoring to this stuff... just kidding.

EDIT: I learned a few interesting things about this beer from a former AB employee who worked on the production floor in STL: This beer is brewed with HFCS to bump the gravity without adding flavor. Also, it is packaged with a small amount of HFCS (mere grams) to give it a subtle sweetness. Also it is filtered with diatomaceous earth, and not a 'nano' filter.

EDIT 2: The more I drink this beer the more it grows on me. It is now my go-to light beer. I'd like to see more people on here review it for its style, rather than just giving it a 2 because it's made by AB. DON'T HATE!

Bud Light Platinum from Anheuser-Busch