Bud Light Platinum | Anheuser-Busch

Added by DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011

Reviews: 335 | Ratings: 1,820
1.53/5  rDev -32.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.75

Poured into a shaker pint glass.

Look: Clear golden body with tons of rising bubbles. The white head dissipates lightning fast. No lacing.

Aroma: Slightly sweet, kind of a glue-like aroma, some metallic notes.

Taste: Sweet up front. Boozy. A faint metallic and sour finish.

Mouthfeel: Carbonated, oddly sticky.

Overall: There's just something about this beer that is off. It's very malty, boozy, and metallic. Not sure what they were going for here. It wasn't refreshing at all.

Absolutely disgusting, it literally makes me sick to my stomach each time I have tried it. It has a weird chemical taste that is present as well as a stickiness that is left behind in my mouth after drinking. Trust me, this is not coming from a snobby anti macro person either, I actually like Budweiser, Bud Light, and Bud Select. This stuff is putrid though.

Would Drink Again: No
Would Purchase Again: No

1.14/5  rDev -50%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

Look, I may have just signed up on this site, but keep in mind that this was a beer that finally enticed me to review, and possibly because I finally got a smartphone. The 6.0% may sound enticing for the low cost, but don't be as dumb as I was, please. We work hard for our money, and we would be better off spending this money on something meaningful and more entertaining, perhaps a chinese finger trap... or a decent block of cheese from the grocery store (everyone loves cheese, yeah, even you, dude who says he doesn't like cheese.)

This poured with the roar of massive carbonation that built a huge head of light foam that dissipated quickly. The bubbling continued to course throughout the pale yellow to watery body.

The nose is of a stale malt and light corn with a touch of metallic aromas. There maybe a touch of piney hops and even a tinge of banana?

The flavor more or less reflects the aroma with sour, stale malts an a lovelorn flavor. The hop profile is fairly benign and this ends with a metallic taste.

The feel is surprisingly bland for as much carbonation but there s a harsh swallow.

BA puts a 2 as poor and I think that word is spot on.

3.51/5  rDev +53.9%

I like this beer simply because it is a cheaper beer that I think tastes good I think it's kinda sweet which is what I like about it. It has a high alc volume that I like for a cheep beer and I disagree with people that say it tastes like regular bud light it does has a different flavor as far as that goes like I said it's sweeter to me anyways and has a nice volume the crown from the glass isn't huge but that's expected with this beer overall I enjoy it over other common bought beers and the glasses are cool and so are the thin cans

3.31/5  rDev +45.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Look No offense to everyone but this is not a bad beer really. I like that it has significantly more spike then regular bud light considering bud light just seems to go thru you FAST. It's also relatively cheap and I really like the blue bottle. Honestly I feel like the people who don't like this beer obviously don't like to drink very cheap. This is a good beer for those wanting to get tipsy on a relatively low price and for the money conscience people like me. Now I will admit it's not the best tasting beer in the world but considering it only takes me two bottles to really start feeling something and that I don't have to pay too much for it. I say it is well worth it for the most part. I like stronger beers and this would be a beer I'd buy if I didn't want to spend that much money. Now for those you just HAVE to have a wonderful tasting fountain of beer this wouldn't be the beer of choice but considering I get tipsy after relatively little cash spent. I'd say it is a great beer for the money conscience people out there who only want to feel good after a hard day at work. I do like how I don't really smell the beer that much unless I stick my nose in it either which is why I give a high review on smell although

2.01/5  rDev -11.8%

Good for getting drunk on. The 90 cals on 6% is pretty nice, but don't ever pour this into a glass. Just grip that Redbull-style can and slam them back until you can't feel feelings.

1.26/5  rDev -44.7%

Marshall McLuhan once famously said that "the medium is the message" with regard to television, but with this beer, it still applies. I still have the empty blue bottle from my original review as it looks very pretty when the sunlight hits it, sitting on the windowsill. Now they have seen fit to put it in a screw-top bottle-shaped CAN and I CANnot resist a new CAN! Don't believe me? It reads "Brewed and CANned by A.B., St. Louis, MO."

I got things unscrewed and began an aggro pour which netted me two fingers of fluffy, bone-white head with poor retention, fizzing out like pop. Color was a pale lemon-yellow (SRM = > 2, < 4) with NE-plus quality clarity. Nose still had that curious Minhas smell of chewed pink bubble gum, dry cleaning solvent and plastics factory. OMFG! Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium and the taste was super-sweet, cotton CANdy-like and extremely cloying. Finish had an unexpected dryness, as if the yeast had really gone to town, but overall, it was unpleasant and not worth another thought.

My original bottle review, dtd 06 March 2013, scores 2.5; 1; 1; 2; 1.5 follows:

My neighbor (out the back door and across a short parking lot) is a bottle shop and he occasionally has singles for sale. When that happens, I try to grab anything that I would not normally want in any other quantity, write a review and move on. This is one of those instances.

If nothing else, it came in a pretty cobalt blue bottle, so I may see if the art department at work can use it. Otherwise, what were they thinking? Blue allows more light penetration than any other color of glass. I had two fingers of bone-white fizzing head initially until it fizzed its way to wispiness. Color was a pale lemon-yellow (SRM = > 2, < 4) with NE-plus quality clarity, enabling me to see into the future. It looks like snow! Those of us south of US 30 are expected to get 6" to 8" or perhaps more. The nose had an odd Minhas-like chemical smell, like plastics and dry cleaning fluid. Fuh! Mouthfeel was thin and watery and the taste was reminiscent of the time I had trench mouth as a kid (thanks, summer camp creeps) and had to gargle with diluted hydrogen peroxide. Finish was bland. Rubbish! I am experiencing buyer's remorse.

2.77/5  rDev +21.5%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Pretty much tastes the same as regular Bud Light but with 6 ABV. Pours out straw yellow, and pretty flat. The aroma has a slight alcohol smell and that is about it. It really does not taste like much either. I will not buy it again because I would rather drink a hoppy IPA if I want a high alcohol percentage, but it definitely got the job done!

3.07/5  rDev +34.6%

I was expecting a little bit more when I first tried this beer. I enjoy bud lite to an extend and was hoping this would add a little more flavor and profile than a typical bud lite. It is a little heavier but overall I thought the taste was similar to that of bud lite, wasnt a huge fan of the Platinums.

2.12/5  rDev -7%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Appearance: Light yellow color with a medium head.

Smell: Has a sour smell with some sugary scents. Very odd smell to me with a mix of random things.

Taste: Has a bitter taste but still tastes watery like a bud light. There are not a ton of very distinguishable tastes that I would consider enjoyable. I was hoping for more from anheuser-busch's more expensive beer.

Overall: Drinkable. I have grown to be a craft beer guy so in terms of macros I was not incredibly surprised that I was not crazy about it. For a light macro its ok. I wont buy it often though.

4.38/5  rDev +92.1%

I prefer this to my normal bud light now. I always liked normal Budlight in the past over anything else. And now I have a new go to beer. My only reason is the 6.0 Alcohol content. To me it taste like Budlight with a kick and that's what I love. Now 2 or 3 bottles is all I need instead of 5 or 6..

3.63/5  rDev +59.2%

Bud Light Platinum brewed by Anheuser-Busch with and abv of 6.0. Now first off this brew is not a light beer. The Abv to this brew is to high to be 6.0. Most American style light lagers have an abv of 4.2. This is more like an ICE Beer. Bud Light Platinum pours out of the can a nice amber color with a small white head. The smell is that of american style lager but sweeter. An you can smell the alcohol in this brew. Right off the bat you taste the 6.0 abv- but it is smooth and crisp. The fact of the matter is it drinks like a light beer,but it has a kick. This brew has more to it than Bud Light, but it not as much as Budweiser. It is right in middle of the two. I like how it is smooth ,but the alcohol taste brings this brew down. Overall, I'm giving this brew a 4 out 5. I would get this brew again.

3.97/5  rDev +74.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

It's total piss water but it's my favorite piss water. It's nothing special but fills the need when I'm looking for a simple drink to enjoy. Understated but good tasting flavor. It's not something I would give a sterling recommendation of but would suggest people with a light taste give a try.

2.24/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Just imagine Bud Light with 6% ABV instead of just a little over 4.3%. It still pours out a straw color with a fleeting head that goes flat instantly (and in a clean glass). The smell and taste of very neutral with no hops at all. As expected, the mouth feel is thin. My recommendation is that if you want something with 6% ABV from ABI, go with King Cobra as a 24 oz. can of "The King" goes for about half of at double deuce of BLP.

Overall this beer is perfect if you like Bud Light and want to "get lit quick". It's too bad that one of the coolest bottles around has to come filled with this stuff.

3.54/5  rDev +55.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

for a spin off of bud light, this platinum is got a little kick to it.. i do not understand that it is still labeled as a light beer because its 6.0% alcohol by volume. But other than that, the color looks like bud light, the smell is very strong of alcohol in my opinion. The taste and mouthfeel is bold,crisp,clean and very drinkable beer/malt liquor.

4.6/5  rDev +101.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Super clean appeal to the look. Very light straw color with a fizzy off white head that retreats quickly to a ring around the edges. No lacing to speak of. Inviting aroma of some sweet tropical fruits. The unmistakable taste of Bud Light lager but, there is an appealing sweet flavor that is balancing out the bitterness. This sweetness keeps me sipping for more and I find I am really enjoying this brew. Feel is watered down and not much in the way of body. Overall, I think this is by far the best light beer I've ever had. I understand it's Bud and this makes people dislike it because of the connection to "macro;" but I do wonder if those who rate it so poorly actually have tried it and with an open mind. Just sayin'...

3.03/5  rDev +32.9%

Light straw colored lager. Completely transparent. Descent head after a rough pour. Better retention than expected and actually has a few spots of lacing.

Smells is super clean. Rice, white corn and a touch of citrus fruits.

Flavor, again, clean. Mostly rice. Mildly citric hop does a descent job balancing the nearly non-existent malt character. Crisp, clean finish. No rough aftertaste. Alcohol is virtually indetectable.

Light as light can be. Absolutely zero body or texture. Thinner than water. Descent carbonation. Wet feel throughout.

Crisp, clean and refreshing with no off tastes. That's about all the positives I can say about this beer. For an American adjunct light lager, its very slightly better than average.

2.77/5  rDev +21.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

Very light, straw-colored beer with a short-lived fizz-up, like something out of a commercial. What's left after thirty seconds? A tiny ring and spotty surface foam.

Crisp, and somewhat clean, adjunct grain aromas. Rice is a guess. Well-lagered. Smooth with hints of husks and steeliness. Not very bright.

Sharp and a little sweet. Cooked veggies, husky grain, fusel, and a kiss of pseudo-floral hop bite. Easy to drink. 6% might seem invasive for a Bud Light drinker, but this has a good sensibility to its strength. Has some body to work with, if not, too wooly and/or oily for an adjunct lager. Dial down the carbonation, or maybe just distribute it a bit, and you have a decent feel, strangely enough. Put-together like a science experiment, it really could be a solid go-to for pale lager drinkers.

1.79/5  rDev -21.5%

Someone brought a pack of these beers to my house and I was a little excited to try something new. Being that it was Bud I knew what to expect and I wasn't disappointed. Not too much can be written on this one that hasn't already been written on Bud Light...except that it has 6.0% ABV. I you like the rest of the Bud crap then you will love this one. Otherwise only drink it if its free. Or if your dying of thirst in the desert and this was the only thing around. Actually just drink your own urine.

No need to do all that fancy review $*@!

3.3/5  rDev +44.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Appearance: Light straw color white small shot lasting head.
Aroma: Non-distinct beer smell
Flavor: Very light malt taste. Smooth flavorful beer. Has medium light watery body, with a smooth carbonation.
Overall: I give this beer a B-grade based only it’s style. Not being a fan of light beer, I happened to sample one at a family cook out. To my surprise this beer has a nice flavor. With the body of carbonated water, its too light for my taste. Although it boast 6% ABV it's  not noticed in the taste, nor body.

A-very clear straw color with a white head that fades fast
S-sweet grain aroma with a hint of noble hops
T-sweet grain taste that stays with you til the finish, but the alcohol seems to take away the sweetness in the end
M-light body with okay carbonation
O-for this beer to be 6% ABV you cannot taste the alcohol, but you know it is there

1.41/5  rDev -38.2%

The beer poured pale with a healthy dose of carbonation. Didn't look terrible, but didn't give the extra frothy head you'd hope to see that resembles a cartoonish poor of a standard issue American Pilsner.

Very stylish blue bottle with platinum writing that looks like it should contain some uber-hipster vodka as opposed to a "top shelf" beer. I can see people drinking this in some trendy club listening to Zombie Nation, or lunkheads in college raving about "DUDE IT HAS MORE ALCOHOL" before downing a dozen of them and ralphing up a chunky blend of cafeteria processed chicken patties and this unflattering swill.

Drank it out of a bottle, but it still tasted like I sipped it from a rusty can. Tastes very similar to Bud Light but filtered through a cheesecloth lined with old pennies. They somehow made Bud Light worse,

I guess it is what it is, and I wasn't expecting anything great, or good, or passable, or tolerable. Yeah it's pretty bad.

Strongest recommendation to avoid. Try seltzer water, but instead of fresh water some type of recycled gray water sitting in a boiler room basin

cheers!

1.68/5  rDev -26.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

While this beer is crap, at least it has more alcohol than the other mass-produced swill that the big three makes. I first had this on a trip to California and couple of buddies and I split a 12 pack and we were not disappointed.

Overall, it's crap, mass produced beer, but if you're looking for a buzz, it's better than bud heavy/light.

2.55/5  rDev +11.8%

Pours nicely. A little swirl leaves a nice bubbly film. Not a lot of head. Easy to drink. Nice high ABV for a light beer. Smells like a lemony kitchen. Taste is very light with a bit of citrus. Very drinkable. No depth of taste. Not complex. Taste doesn't stick around long. The thing I liked the most is it is refreshing, better than water, comes in a nice blue bottle, the cap screws off, and it is easy to feel that it has a considerable ABV.

Bud Light Platinum from Anheuser-Busch