Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Bud Light Platinum | Anheuser-Busch

Ratings: 1,872 |  Reviews: 345

1.5/5  rDev -32.4%

2.75/5  rDev +23.9%

1.75/5  rDev -21.2%

Tastes like the nastiest medicinal synthetic chemical I've ever imbibed. How on earth did their R&D dept let this one slide thru. I love bud light and bud light ice, but I almost hurled on first sip. Seriously??? I emptied all 6 bottles down the drain without hesitation. Even if I were soif'in' in a desert I wouldn't drink this crap.

2.5/5  rDev +12.6%

2.5/5  rDev +12.6%

3.5/5  rDev +57.7%

2.56/5  rDev +15.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Seemed an appropriate single to try on the 4th of July, but saddens me to state that my favourite part is far and away the bottle - less weight in packaging has to be a good thing, but not certain this ill-flavoured "mostly water" needs to be transported at all?

Pours a bright golden colour with a clean white head and lots of continuous carbonation. Has a sweet, almost cloying, aroma of "grains", albeit more rice and corn than barley. No sign of the biscuity breadiness I'd expect in a genuine lager. Taste is very sweet and syrupy, and doesn't balance well with the 6% ABV. Aftertaste lingers longer than I would choose...

Glad to have tried it, but sad to have purchased it and will decline any future drinking opportunities!

3.75/5  rDev +68.9%