Bud Light Platinum | Anheuser-Busch

Alströms:

Ratings: 1,867 |  Reviews: 343

4.3/5  rDev +93.7%
look: 5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

This Bud Light creation was very good in my opinion. The taste was good and similar to regular Bud Light. The mouthfeel was very smooth and very easy to drink. The appearance and the bottle the beer came in was the best part of this beer. I believe Bud did a great job at coming up with a new beer.

2.1/5  rDev -5.4%

A: Any paler then this and I'd think you gave me a glass of water. This looks like a 1/4 apple juice mixed with water. Nice white head, very clear.

S: Metallic and adjunct aromas

T: Pur adjunct flavours, no malt.

M: Med-high carbonation, clean on the palate, 6% alcohol not detectable.

O: Not a good lager by any standard, but very good for AB.

look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

This beer is a marketing scam. Bud Light hypes up this beer to make it out to be a special edition Bud Light beer but i prefer regular Bud Light rather than this stuff. I don't know what is was about this beer but after getting all excited about the bottle and the look, its a real disappointment when you actually taste it.

1.5/5  rDev -32.4%

1.25/5  rDev -43.7%

3.91/5  rDev +76.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

*Full Disclosure* - I am drinking some of this as I write this review Purchased at a C-Town for $8.49 per 6-pack-
I first had this during the black-out "Harbowl" where the Baltimore Ravens beat the San Francisco 49ers. We were at my friends house in his man cave and someone brought 2 cases of this stuff over.

At first glance I was attracted by the beautiful blue bottle, and since it was the only beer available i said sure why not. Two hours later we are were all nicely buzzed from this beer and astonished that this "bud light" had rendered us in this state.

For the price, ease of availability, and the surprise 6%ABV I give this beer high marks.

Bud Light Platinum gets the job done and recommend you all to try it; even if merely to lubricate the esophagus before you move on to some of your favorite imports =-)

Cheers,