Bud Light Platinum | Anheuser-Busch

Added by DarthKostrizer on 12-31-2011

Ratings: 1,855 |  Reviews: 339

2.77/5  rDev +21.5%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Pretty much tastes the same as regular Bud Light but with 6 ABV. Pours out straw yellow, and pretty flat. The aroma has a slight alcohol smell and that is about it. It really does not taste like much either. I will not buy it again because I would rather drink a hoppy IPA if I want a high alcohol percentage, but it definitely got the job done!

1.75/5  rDev -23.2%

3.07/5  rDev +34.6%

I was expecting a little bit more when I first tried this beer. I enjoy bud lite to an extend and was hoping this would add a little more flavor and profile than a typical bud lite. It is a little heavier but overall I thought the taste was similar to that of bud lite, wasnt a huge fan of the Platinums.

2.5/5  rDev +9.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.12/5  rDev -7%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Appearance: Light yellow color with a medium head.

Smell: Has a sour smell with some sugary scents. Very odd smell to me with a mix of random things.

Taste: Has a bitter taste but still tastes watery like a bud light. There are not a ton of very distinguishable tastes that I would consider enjoyable. I was hoping for more from anheuser-busch's more expensive beer.

Overall: Drinkable. I have grown to be a craft beer guy so in terms of macros I was not incredibly surprised that I was not crazy about it. For a light macro its ok. I wont buy it often though.

1.25/5  rDev -45.2%