Bud Light Platinum | Anheuser-Busch

2.75/5  rDev +23.9%

3.25/5  rDev +46.4%

2.5/5  rDev +12.6%

2.5/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.11/5  rDev -50%

1.26/5  rDev -43.2%

I now comes in a massive 24-fl. oz. CAN & today is Sa, 02 Dec 2017 & so I am revisiting it aCAN.

From the CAN: "This is Bud Light Platinum. We know of no beer produced by any other brewer that is more sophisticated while maintaining smooth drinkability. Our triple-filtered process produces a 6% alc/vol. premium light-bodied lager with a refreshing taste."

Triple filtered?!? Well, that will make all of the difference! If only they could have given me an extra ounce, to boot. Dilly dilly! I Crack!ed the CAN open & thanks to having scored some massive glasses at a monthly rummage sale, I began an inverted Glug. Man, did the foam ever come rushing up! I was forced to back off, suddenly thankful that I did not get an extra ounce. It formed three fingers of pillowy, foamy, bone-white head with decent retention. Color was Straw-Yellow (SRM = > 2, < 4) with NE-quality clarity, just not deep enough to qualify for Gold. Nose had the all-too-familiar scent of pink bubble gum being chewed inside of a dry-cleaning plant. Ugh. CAN't they triple-filter that out? The bile rose in my throat in CANticipation. Mouthfeel was kind of thin & watery. The taste was pink bubble gum underlain by chemical fumes, MEK, perhaps? Phew. Lissen, I will drink cheap beers in the alley with my neighbors, but this is just harsh. It is as if the brewers challenged themselves to cut as many corners as possible, probably in the interest of maximizing profitability. Rubbish! Finish was in that twilight zone between semi-sweet & semi-dry, but who cares? Not me! At least, I have a pretty CAN for Jeff Lebo as a result.

Marshall McLuhan once famously said that "the medium is the message" with regard to television, but with this beer, it still applies. I still have the empty blue bottle from my original review as it looks very pretty when the sunlight hits it, sitting on the windowsill. Now they have seen fit to put it in a screw-top bottle-shaped CAN and I CANnot resist a new CAN! Don't believe me? It reads "Brewed and CANned by A.B., St. Louis, MO."

I got things unscrewed and began an aggro pour which netted me two fingers of fluffy, bone-white head with poor retention, fizzing out like pop. Color was a pale lemon-yellow (SRM = > 2, < 4) with NE-plus quality clarity. Nose still had that curious Minhas smell of chewed pink bubble gum, dry cleaning solvent and plastics factory. OMFG! Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium and the taste was super-sweet, cotton CANdy-like and extremely cloying. Finish had an unexpected dryness, as if the yeast had really gone to town, but overall, it was unpleasant and not worth another thought.

My original bottle review, dtd 06 March 2013, scores 2.5; 1; 1; 2; 1.5 follows:

My neighbor (out the back door and across a short parking lot) is a bottle shop and he occasionally has singles for sale. When that happens, I try to grab anything that I would not normally want in any other quantity, write a review and move on. This is one of those instances.

If nothing else, it came in a pretty cobalt blue bottle, so I may see if the art department at work can use it. Otherwise, what were they thinking? Blue allows more light penetration than any other color of glass. I had two fingers of bone-white fizzing head initially until it fizzed its way to wispiness. Color was a pale lemon-yellow (SRM = > 2, < 4) with NE-plus quality clarity, enabling me to see into the future. It looks like snow! Those of us south of US 30 are expected to get 6" to 8" or perhaps more. The nose had an odd Minhas-like chemical smell, like plastics and dry cleaning fluid. Fuh! Mouthfeel was thin and watery and the taste was reminiscent of the time I had trench mouth as a kid (thanks, summer camp creeps) and had to gargle with diluted hydrogen peroxide. Finish was bland. Rubbish! I am experiencing buyer's remorse.

1.5/5  rDev -32.4%

3.5/5  rDev +57.7%

2.77/5  rDev +24.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Pretty much tastes the same as regular Bud Light but with 6 ABV. Pours out straw yellow, and pretty flat. The aroma has a slight alcohol smell and that is about it. It really does not taste like much either. I will not buy it again because I would rather drink a hoppy IPA if I want a high alcohol percentage, but it definitely got the job done!

3.07/5  rDev +38.3%

I was expecting a little bit more when I first tried this beer. I enjoy bud lite to an extend and was hoping this would add a little more flavor and profile than a typical bud lite. It is a little heavier but overall I thought the taste was similar to that of bud lite, wasnt a huge fan of the Platinums.

3.5/5  rDev +57.7%