Shock Top Lemon Shandy | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Availability: Summer

Our Lemon Shandy is a unique take on the classic Shandy that is distinctly Shock Top.

Brewed with two row and six row malted barley and five different types of hops, this Belgian-Style Wheat Ale is then combined with citrus peels, coriander, natural lemonade flavor and a hint of sugar for a subtle sweetness. The end result is an incredibly refreshing, crisp and smooth beer that hits the spot.

Added by Bitterbill on 03-23-2012

Liked:
2.83/5
Alströms:

2.88/5  rDev +1.8%

3.25/5  rDev +14.8%

2.8/5  rDev -1.1%

3.07/5  rDev +8.5%

One of the many Summer Beer that I got to try . And today in Montreal it was 30 degree Celsius so lets give a try to the Shock Top Lemon Shandy .
The beer looks like the Hoegaarden inside the glasse. A very Yellow color with small bubbles going up.
The smell is all about citrus lemonade, not too strong but just right enough.
Now for the taste, its like drinking a lemonade, the taste of the beer is really light. It's dominate by that lemonade citrus taste.
The mouthfeel: well, it remind me of the Smirnoff Ice with less sugar and a beer taste.
So would I recommend it ? I am mixed about it but I will say..Yes BUT, only for Summer (around July or August), because I would't buy this beer during winter. Overall it's a much better beer than those Bud Light lime and all the lime beer in general. If you wanna have a lemonade, lime citrus beer, take this one no doubt about it, but if you wanna have a beer with some guts, this one is definitely not for you.

2.05/5  rDev -27.6%

2.75/5  rDev -2.8%

My local, frequent in-person trader, tone77, recently dropped this off for me in his latest batch of beer in support of The CANQuest ™. I am always anxious to see what he has for me when he stops by! Lemon Shandy in a CAN? I am Shocked, but I am also on Top of it!

From the CAN: “Belgian-style Wheat Beer brewed with spices with natural lemonade flavor added”.

The Crack! was loud and so I celebrated with an inverted Glug. It produced two-plus fingers of fizzy, bone-white head with extremely limited retention, quickly falling away to wisps. Color was a hazy Straw-Yellow (SRM = > 2, < 4). Nose smelled kind of artificial, like that Country Time Lemonade that we sold on the street corner as kids. Mouthfeel was thin, watery and not even all that well carbonated. The taste was immediately tart, followed by a wash of sugary sweetness. Oof. It did not taste awful, per se, but it was not overly pleasant, either. I am sure that I am not their target audience, but its inherent intense sweetness makes me question the age group who would drink this. Finish was sweet, overall, with even the tart flavor beginning to fade as I drank it. Again, not bad, per se, just awfully ho hum.

2.5/5  rDev -11.7%

3.2/5  rDev +13.1%

3.5/5  rDev +23.7%

1.5/5  rDev -47%

Bland.

Update: It is my understanding that the morons at Anheuser-Busch are considering marketing this dreck here in Canada as craft beer. Lie to us some more. We love it. Jerks.

2.87/5  rDev +1.4%

3.65/5  rDev +29%

Serving Style : 12 oz glass bottle. I was hesitant to try this because of the rating. I'm glad I did.

Appearance : n/a, in bottle

Smell (3) : Lemonheads candy, wheat, some barley malt. A good smell, at least for a shandy.

Taste (4) : Sweet but not too sweet, a very nice balance of belgian wheat and lemonade. A nice peppery finish. I like this beer, a lot.

Mouthfeel (4) - carbonated and crisp to begin with, the lemonade smoothness enters, and it ends crisp, dry. Smooth drinker.

Overall (3.65) - In my book, this beer is a winner. I'm bumping the overall score up because it really is inoffensive and refreshing. It incorporates the wheat and the lemonade and doesn't overdo it on either, and manages to keep them both in check while complementing each other. Leinenkugels' in comparison is a bit too harsh, and while still decent, is not as refreshing and pure as this brew. Perhaps it's the Belgian wheat...

2.5/5  rDev -11.7%

2.38/5  rDev -15.9%

A pretty bland shandy. The appearance was a very light yellow with a fizzy head. The smell was mostly of the lemonade. The taste was very tart and seemed like this was much more lemonade than beer. Wasn't very blown away by the flavors as everything was overrun with the lemonade. Mouthfeel was light but nice for the summer. Overall I'd say I'd be fine with it if I saw it at a picnic but I'm not going to search it out.

2.36/5  rDev -16.6%