Bud Light Lime-A-Rita | Anheuser-Busch

Reviews by brewskifan55:
2.92/5  rDev +25.3%

Given to by a friend
Poured into a tulip glass, split a 24 oz with my wife

A: Lemonade yellow. No head, leaves a foamy ring. Slight lacing.

S: Margarita, sweet, tart, lemonade

T: Not bad, actually. Like an over-sweetened margarita mix. Similar to Mike's Hard Lemonade or Sangria. But this one packs a punch with the 8%.

M: Light to medium. Light carbonation.

O: Pretend it's not a beer and you won't be so offended. Like a wine cooler with more of an alcohol kick . My wife said this would appeal more to the ladies, but only if it were marketed in a bottle. The 24 oz tallboy is a man's beer. I think the high sweetness is the biggest turnoff here.

The beverage pours out into a Duvel glass a clear light yellowish green color with very light carbonation and not much head. The thin head disappears almost immediately so there's no lacing to speak of and only minimal bits of liquid on the sides when sipping.

The aromas are dominated by the lime and it is hard to pick out anything else in the background but it isn't all just lime in there. (Could be the Tequila but I've not had a Tequila shot in many years so its hard bo be sure.)

The flavors include lots of sweetness, some lime, a bit of citric tartness, something that may be Tequila flavor and maybe even a hint of salt. There is no bitterness at all.

The mouthfeel is medium bodied and there is faint carbonation. The finish is basically the fading of the sweetness but there is no increase in dryness. Towards the end there is an definitely light lime flavor though.

While I don't expect to be having more of this I was surprised at how much like a Margarita it did taste. It is hard to think of this as a malt liquor, rather its a beer cocktail with emphasis on the cocktail. For what it is supposed to be (a simple sweet lime margarita flavored drink) it is pretty good. I can see why it would be popular as summer refreshment among those who've decided, for what ever reason, that they don't like beer. As for myself it provides me with a good reminder of why I gave us drinking sweetened beverages years ago.

Reviewing this beverage is an interesting challenge since the temptation is to compare it to beers rather than rate to style. Hence, across the board average scores. I can't bring myself to score it higher but its equally unfair to penalize it for not being a Duvel or an IPA since neither was the goal in producing this beverage.

A sugary, sticky stomach ache in a can

1.21/5  rDev -48.1%

Kill it, kill it with fire.

4.41/5  rDev +89.3%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

First off, there are some people on here that are entirely too snobby. This tastes like what it is intended to be. It's very light, limey, and refreshing. Like, instant margarita in a can. More carbonated than I was expecting, but it worked. I hate bud light as much as the next person, but I won't knock this just based on the fact that it was made by AB. If this had been made by FFF, people might very well be raving about it. Does it taste like beer? No. Does it taste good, and is it extremely refreshing? Absolutely.

1.2/5  rDev -48.5%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

Poured from a giant 25oz can into a pint glass. God help me if I decide to finish it. I'm on a masochistic plan to try each of the 'ritas offered by Bud Light Lime. I've already got a headache from the 4oz of Straw-Ber-Rita that I just had.

Appearance: looks like limeade or lemonade. It does not, however, look like beer. I am not giving it a straight 1 because, theoretically, if a beer looked like a glass of water it could be technically worse and I want to reserve my 1 for that.

Smell: definitely limey, but limey in a way that reminds me of being sick after a Cinco de Mayo party. I am dreading the "taste" portion of this review already.

Taste: this combines artificial lime, Bud Light, and memories of cheap silver tequila. I am not kidding. I thought I might be able to drink at least a few ounces of this, but I am reevaluating this assessment.

Mouthfeel: virtually no body and very fizzy. Kind of like a soda.

Overall: this almost could not be formulated to appeal to me less.

1.75/5  rDev -24.9%

2.09/5  rDev -10.3%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Not sure why I bothered purchasing this one. Oh well, gotta give them all a chance, I guess. Pours out a weird, jaundice shade of yellow with olive hints, like a murky Mellow Yellow or Lemon Lime Gatorade. Head is a nearly non-existent dusting of white foam that pops and fizzes as it dissipates into thin air almost immediately. Nose is subdued, smells a little like lime, fruit, and a typically sweet and sour type margarita mix. Mouth feel is thin, the exuberant amount of carbonation strips the initial taste away from the palate. Lime, margarita mix, sweet & sour mixers, a touch of warm alcohol, and a slight fading bitterness. Intense sugary sweetness nearly all the way through, along with a tartness that starts to push things overboard. And that's about it. Really, I can't be too surprised here - I mean, what exactly was I expecting?

By no means is this an awful tasting product. It wasn't undrinkable or gross or anything like that. It just wasn't very good, and it was far too sweet to enjoy the entire tall-boy I purchase. How much sugar is in this thing? I'd prefer this to a regular Bug Light, but not by much. Neither of them really resemble a beer, but at least this has some sort of flavor to it.

3.25/5  rDev +39.5%

2.27/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.92/5  rDev -17.6%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

1.78/5  rDev -23.6%
look: 1.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

1.25/5  rDev -46.4%

2.25/5  rDev -3.4%

So there I was, kicking back on a Monday evening, flipping in between Raw and the Stanley Cup Finals. My stomach was pretty acidic, I had been complaining that my allergies were killing me in the sinus department.

So the old lady rolls into the living room with my New Glarus taster glass, filled with a liquid that looked like it had alka seltzer in it. It was hazy white, like an aspirin decomposed in a few ounces of water, with no head on it. It looked that terrible. When I asked her what it was, she said "well you said you wanted to try it when I opened one." And then I explained I wanted to already be drunk when I tried this, not in a relaxed recovery mood from the weekend/workday.

The aroma was vaguely reminiscient of a tequila made margarita, but even though this was made with bud light, it smelled like it had 100 proof tequila in it. It was seriously gag inducing. And nothing changed with the taste, nothing even remotely resembling hops, malt or yeast. And water was a stretch. Tasted like old, stale margarita with way too much carbonation in the mouthfeel. Disgusting.

This was the worst 'beer' I have ever had. Seriously. The worst out of what is probably getting close to almost 5000 different beers.

2.85/5  rDev +22.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

This is an 8 ounce can Bud Light Lime Lime-A-Rita 8% abv, it's poured into a St Feuillien glass and the beer gods aren't happy with me at all. Hazy yellow, it looks like somebody has a nasty urinary tract infection, fizzy white head lasts all of two seconds. Aroma smells like frozen margarita mix that comes in those tubs, a hint of lime with a bottom shelf tequila. Drinks like a carbonated margarita, I'm getting a hint of saltiness with the lime and margarita mix flavor, beer is nowhere to be found in the flavor profile. If you served this blindly to somebody on Cinco de Mayo they would just recognize it as a shitty margarita. Okay I'm no margarita connoisseur, but I'm guessing this is what a shitty margarita tastes like. After my first sip I'm not turned off so let's go for number two, okay strong lime peel action with a candy like sweetness that fades into a balanced mix of margarita mix with well hidden alcohol and a hint of salt. It is what it is, I'm not hating. I had to try it especially at the dollar price tag, so let's say this was a fresh homemade margarita with seltzer water the carbonation is what throws me of why is this margarita carbonated they are usually on the rocks or frozen in one of those adult Slurpee machines, right? It sets out what it's meant to do get females drunk, don't buy these in number, okay buy them in number and have a party and let the idiots drink outside where they will be puking salty acidic margarita mix that's carbonated all over your outdoor beer pong table. Mouthfeel is fizzy margarita mix residual sugars galore, no depth except for a fruity lime rind bitterness with a salt coating. It's actually not the worst AB experience I've had that would be by far the Chelada experiment that's still being sold on the black market. Overall I want to hate it but the demon on my left shoulder is whispering in my ear it's not that bad c'mon you pansy just finish the last 2 ounces you already took three gulps what's one more.

Bud Light Lime-A-Rita from Anheuser-Busch