Bud Light Lime-A-Rita | Anheuser-Busch

Added by BeerFMAndy on 07-06-2012

View: Beers
Reviews by shacawgo24:
3.25/5  rDev +53.3%

The beverage pours out into a Duvel glass a clear light yellowish green color with very light carbonation and not much head. The thin head disappears almost immediately so there's no lacing to speak of and only minimal bits of liquid on the sides when sipping.

The aromas are dominated by the lime and it is hard to pick out anything else in the background but it isn't all just lime in there. (Could be the Tequila but I've not had a Tequila shot in many years so its hard bo be sure.)

The flavors include lots of sweetness, some lime, a bit of citric tartness, something that may be Tequila flavor and maybe even a hint of salt. There is no bitterness at all.

The mouthfeel is medium bodied and there is faint carbonation. The finish is basically the fading of the sweetness but there is no increase in dryness. Towards the end there is an definitely light lime flavor though.

While I don't expect to be having more of this I was surprised at how much like a Margarita it did taste. It is hard to think of this as a malt liquor, rather its a beer cocktail with emphasis on the cocktail. For what it is supposed to be (a simple sweet lime margarita flavored drink) it is pretty good. I can see why it would be popular as summer refreshment among those who've decided, for what ever reason, that they don't like beer. As for myself it provides me with a good reminder of why I gave us drinking sweetened beverages years ago.

Reviewing this beverage is an interesting challenge since the temptation is to compare it to beers rather than rate to style. Hence, across the board average scores. I can't bring myself to score it higher but its equally unfair to penalize it for not being a Duvel or an IPA since neither was the goal in producing this beverage.

A sugary, sticky stomach ache in a can

1.21/5  rDev -42.9%

Kill it, kill it with fire.

4.41/5  rDev +108%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

First off, there are some people on here that are entirely too snobby. This tastes like what it is intended to be. It's very light, limey, and refreshing. Like, instant margarita in a can. More carbonated than I was expecting, but it worked. I hate bud light as much as the next person, but I won't knock this just based on the fact that it was made by AB. If this had been made by FFF, people might very well be raving about it. Does it taste like beer? No. Does it taste good, and is it extremely refreshing? Absolutely.

1.14/5  rDev -46.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.25

This... beer? Sure, since it is on here, lets go with beer - This beer pours a dense lime juice green, the color of sink water after just a few dishes. It smells like a margarita - a truly cheap, sickeningly sweet mid-west tex-mex margarita - but a margarita none the less. The flavor is indescribably bad - super sweet fake lime juice - squeezed right out of one of those plastic limes you buy at the grocery store, plus sugar and more sugar. Really is there any point in describing the flavor further. The mouthfeel is like crappy diet soda. Overall this is one of the worst things I have ever attempted to imbibe.

1.2/5  rDev -43.4%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

Poured from a giant 25oz can into a pint glass. God help me if I decide to finish it. I'm on a masochistic plan to try each of the 'ritas offered by Bud Light Lime. I've already got a headache from the 4oz of Straw-Ber-Rita that I just had.

Appearance: looks like limeade or lemonade. It does not, however, look like beer. I am not giving it a straight 1 because, theoretically, if a beer looked like a glass of water it could be technically worse and I want to reserve my 1 for that.

Smell: definitely limey, but limey in a way that reminds me of being sick after a Cinco de Mayo party. I am dreading the "taste" portion of this review already.

Taste: this combines artificial lime, Bud Light, and memories of cheap silver tequila. I am not kidding. I thought I might be able to drink at least a few ounces of this, but I am reevaluating this assessment.

Mouthfeel: virtually no body and very fizzy. Kind of like a soda.

Overall: this almost could not be formulated to appeal to me less.

1.75/5  rDev -17.5%

2.09/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Not sure why I bothered purchasing this one. Oh well, gotta give them all a chance, I guess. Pours out a weird, jaundice shade of yellow with olive hints, like a murky Mellow Yellow or Lemon Lime Gatorade. Head is a nearly non-existent dusting of white foam that pops and fizzes as it dissipates into thin air almost immediately. Nose is subdued, smells a little like lime, fruit, and a typically sweet and sour type margarita mix. Mouth feel is thin, the exuberant amount of carbonation strips the initial taste away from the palate. Lime, margarita mix, sweet & sour mixers, a touch of warm alcohol, and a slight fading bitterness. Intense sugary sweetness nearly all the way through, along with a tartness that starts to push things overboard. And that's about it. Really, I can't be too surprised here - I mean, what exactly was I expecting?

By no means is this an awful tasting product. It wasn't undrinkable or gross or anything like that. It just wasn't very good, and it was far too sweet to enjoy the entire tall-boy I purchase. How much sugar is in this thing? I'd prefer this to a regular Bug Light, but not by much. Neither of them really resemble a beer, but at least this has some sort of flavor to it.

3.25/5  rDev +53.3%

2.27/5  rDev +7.1%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.92/5  rDev -9.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

1.78/5  rDev -16%
look: 1.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

1.25/5  rDev -41%

2.25/5  rDev +6.1%

So there I was, kicking back on a Monday evening, flipping in between Raw and the Stanley Cup Finals. My stomach was pretty acidic, I had been complaining that my allergies were killing me in the sinus department.

So the old lady rolls into the living room with my New Glarus taster glass, filled with a liquid that looked like it had alka seltzer in it. It was hazy white, like an aspirin decomposed in a few ounces of water, with no head on it. It looked that terrible. When I asked her what it was, she said "well you said you wanted to try it when I opened one." And then I explained I wanted to already be drunk when I tried this, not in a relaxed recovery mood from the weekend/workday.

The aroma was vaguely reminiscient of a tequila made margarita, but even though this was made with bud light, it smelled like it had 100 proof tequila in it. It was seriously gag inducing. And nothing changed with the taste, nothing even remotely resembling hops, malt or yeast. And water was a stretch. Tasted like old, stale margarita with way too much carbonation in the mouthfeel. Disgusting.

This was the worst 'beer' I have ever had. Seriously. The worst out of what is probably getting close to almost 5000 different beers.

Bud Light Lime-A-Rita from Anheuser-Busch