Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Bud Light Lime-A-Rita | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by BeerFMAndy on 07-06-2012

The reviews on this page are appalling. Lime-a-Rita is a fine brew. Don't get me wrong, I drink 3 Monts, Captain's Daughter IPA, Sip of Sunshine, Foundation Epiphany IPA, the best that New England has to offer, but you have to rate this drink not as an ale/beer, but as a delicious summery blast of effervescent LUUUURRVVVE to the tasteBUDs.

I'm giving it top marks. I often grab one when I'm picking up something a little more high end. Don't be a snob. It's awesome gear, this.

4.7/5  rDev +121.7%

I don't see why this beer gets such a low score, in my opinion it is in no way displeasing to the taste buds. I don't see why the amount of foam produced when pouring it into a glass is so important, but, whatever... it is in no way bad in my opinion. Perhaps not the greatest beer in the world, but certainly not bad.

4.5/5  rDev +112.3%

4.5/5  rDev +112.3%

4.41/5  rDev +108%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

First off, there are some people on here that are entirely too snobby. This tastes like what it is intended to be. It's very light, limey, and refreshing. Like, instant margarita in a can. More carbonated than I was expecting, but it worked. I hate bud light as much as the next person, but I won't knock this just based on the fact that it was made by AB. If this had been made by FFF, people might very well be raving about it. Does it taste like beer? No. Does it taste good, and is it extremely refreshing? Absolutely.

4.25/5  rDev +100.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

It is much more better than the reviews on this site give it credit for

4.15/5  rDev +95.8%

When we tried the Bud Light Lime-A-Rita in class I was very fond of it because it doesn't taste like your typical beer. The coloring is a yellow/clear ish. The taste definitely had a twist to it and tasted of lime and a pinch of lemon as well. I feel like this would be a very good drink for tropical weather or by the beach. I enjoyed it.

4.06/5  rDev +91.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

This is not a beer and should not be rated or compared to other beers.

It is a Margarita flavored drink in a can.

And for what it is, it is pretty darn good.

Smells just like a Margarita.
It is light, lightly carbonated and refreshing.
The 8% ABV is well hidden.

Taste just like a Margarita but without the Tequila flavor.

Overall, it is a nice drink.
A good option to have if you do not want to deal with Tequila or Margarita mix.

3.94/5  rDev +85.8%

I am going to break with the pack on this and say I really liked Lime-A-rita . I mean its not a beer so dont think of it in those terms and it really isnt bad.

It has a mountain dew soda pop appearance. Yellowish green and fizzy.

Smell was like that of a pretty good house margarita. Nice and Limey

Taste was actually really good for AB product. Tastes like a margarita I would drink in a restaurant.

Mouthfeel was definately 'sticky'. There is a lot of sugar in this drink and you can definately feel it in your mouth after your done drinking it.

Overall, not something I would drink every day, but as far as "Wine Coolers" go , this one is pretty good.

3.87/5  rDev +82.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 4

Appearance - light/pale yellow in color, similar appearance to lemonade with a slight carbonation.

Smell - smells really good and exactly how one would expect it to smell. It has a lime smell, sugar smell, rum smell, with a hint of beer.

Taste - very sweet, the sweetness took me by surprise at first, but it is something you get used to. Tastes like a margarita mixed with beer and less alcohol.

Mouthfeel - tart and has a ton of carbonation.

Overall - It is pretty good for what it was, but I do not know if I would order it again.

3.64/5  rDev +71.7%

3.59/5  rDev +69.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

think a malt liquor that is flavored with lime and salt to the point that it is similar to a margarita-refreshing when summery it achieves what it sets out to do which is why I gave it the rating - it is not a standard malt liquor so I don't think rating it strictly to style is appropriate.

Bud Light Lime-A-Rita from Anheuser-Busch