Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Bud Light Lime-A-Rita | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by BeerFMAndy on 07-06-2012

So there I was, kicking back on a Monday evening, flipping in between Raw and the Stanley Cup Finals. My stomach was pretty acidic, I had been complaining that my allergies were killing me in the sinus department.

So the old lady rolls into the living room with my New Glarus taster glass, filled with a liquid that looked like it had alka seltzer in it. It was hazy white, like an aspirin decomposed in a few ounces of water, with no head on it. It looked that terrible. When I asked her what it was, she said "well you said you wanted to try it when I opened one." And then I explained I wanted to already be drunk when I tried this, not in a relaxed recovery mood from the weekend/workday.

The aroma was vaguely reminiscient of a tequila made margarita, but even though this was made with bud light, it smelled like it had 100 proof tequila in it. It was seriously gag inducing. And nothing changed with the taste, nothing even remotely resembling hops, malt or yeast. And water was a stretch. Tasted like old, stale margarita with way too much carbonation in the mouthfeel. Disgusting.

This was the worst 'beer' I have ever had. Seriously. The worst out of what is probably getting close to almost 5000 different beers.

Sickly, sticky sweet, carbonated lime syrup.

Do yourself a favor, go make yourself a proper margarita. Not this artificial whatever the hell this is. This is not beer.

Would Drink Again: No
Would Purchase Again: No

I will be completely honest here: this was a random from a mix'n'match, out of pure guinea pig steez curiosity. The others I picked were already ones I reviewed & enjoyed, this is the loner, let's roll...

16oz glass fills blurry lemonade-looking yellow-white. No head whatsoever. Really, really fizzy, like a spritzer. Scent is lime (duh) plus lemon, like a stronger version of Sprite. That is a soda though, and this is a beer, so what this means is unclear. I'm not particularly hopeful, to be honest. Here goes...

Along with the lime is salt, a surprising amount of salt. Guess A-B took the "margarita w/ a twist" thing literally. I can feel my blood pressure going up with this first swig. Goes down like a thicker version of a wine cooler -- a quality I don't like even in those, let alone in something that is ostensibly supposed to still be beer, regardless of the flavor promotion.

This is a drain pour on sight. Even if someone offers you one for *free*, not only should you refuse, you should place that person on your enemies list. I wish I could give this zeros instead of ones. Never again...never again.

Bud Light Lime-A-Rita from Anheuser-Busch