Michelob Ultra 19th Hole | Anheuser-Busch

anheuser-busch.com

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

Added by woodychandler on 10-29-2012

3.5/5  rDev +37.8%

They got to me because it's a golf gimmick and my local course sells them with the beer cart girl. This is how I got introduced the the clamato one or whatever it is called also. It's ok, but anything is ok on the golf course when you are playing terribly and need something to dull that sharp, sharp pain that comes with the realization that no matter how much you spend, you suck at golf. I enjoy an Arnold Palmer, but I like mine with good tea and lemonade and not alcoholic.

1.2/5  rDev -52.8%

3.25/5  rDev +28%

4.25/5  rDev +67.3%

3.67/5  rDev +44.5%

Thanks to the previous reviewer, woodychandler, for this beer. Poured from a 16 oz. can. Has a dark golden color with no head at all. Smell is like lemon iced tea. Taste is tea, some lemons, a touch of alcohol, not very beer like but refreshing and enjoyable. Feels light in the mouth and overall I wouldn't want this all the time, but it wasn't bad for what it is.

2.25/5  rDev -11.4%

2.5/5  rDev -1.6%

2.75/5  rDev +8.3%

3.13/5  rDev +23.2%

A CAN of an oddity from Binny's (South Side Loop) in futherance of The CANQuest (TM)!

From the CAN: "The perfect combination of crisp iced tea and sweet lemonade has been a clubhouse classic for nearly 50 years. It has made its way from the golf course to the pool to wherever great times happen. And now, ULTRA 19th Hole delivers this classic combination with the light, refreshing taste you'd expect from Michelob ULTRA."; "Malt Beverage with Natural Flavors, Caramel Color, and Rebiana-A*"; "*Rebiana-A is a natural sweetener purely derived from Stevia Leaf"; "Flavored Beer".

I CAN justify this beer's inclusion since it is labeled as "beer", plus I would say that the Stevia Leaf's incorporation makes it an "herbed" if not "spiced" beer. Just trying to head off my legion of detractors.

Whoa! "Tea" might be the operative term here as when I achieved the Crack & Glug, I got a momentary fizzing of bone-white head that quickly disappeared. The color was a soft, light, golden-amber with NE-plus quality clarity. By that, I mean that I could see into my neighbor's kitchen. There was just enough carbonation to distinguish it from actual tea, but just barely. Nose smelled like the lemon tea like I routinely drink from Turkey Hill (imported from Lancaster Co.). Wow! I wonder how long they had to play around to achieve this beverage that they are calling "beer". Mouthfeel was kind of thin and watery and I have had lemon tea that was fuller than this. The taste was spot-on for lemon tea, but the creator of the original mix, Arnold Palmer, might not be too happy about it as he was not much for imbibing. Finish was semi-sweet with the lemon citrusiness taking some of the sweetness of it, but it had a lingering finish like diet soda pop. I never liked that taste and I am not sure how the Ribiana-A was supposed to have helped. What an oddity!

Michelob Ultra 19th Hole from Anheuser-Busch