Budweiser & Clamato Chelada Picante | Anheuser-Busch

1.05/5  rDev -65.6%

1.5/5  rDev -50.8%

1.53/5  rDev -49.8%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This pours a bloody reddish orange color with a slight pink head. There is an aroma of spicy tomato juice. The taste is an eye opener as I found it disgusting. There was a bit of spice to it and that was about the best part. I don’t know who came up with idea but they should be fired! I think I could take a Yuengling and dump it into a can of tomato soup and it would still taste better than this

1.9/5  rDev -37.7%

2.16/5  rDev -29.2%

Nasty...as is most Bud.

2.22/5  rDev -27.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

2.34/5  rDev -23.3%

If drinking a Chelada were anything like riding a roller coaster, I would have fallen off. It tasted like a Mexican seashore...too metaphorical? The junk must have barely met health and safety standards. I wasted my money on an entire case for a Puerto Rican themed night party; I want my money back and the portion of liver this swill must have eroded. My mom didn't even let me give it to my dog, who looked insulted when I offered anyway. I'm telling all my classmates to avoid purchasing this product. Viva la resistance

2.46/5  rDev -19.3%

Another entry from the Colorado CANQuest (TM), proving once more that I will try anything once. Call me a beer-related neo-hippie.

From the CAN: "Budweiser & Clamato Picante with salt and lime The perfect combination"; "Do not shake! Rotate gently to mix."; "Merge two incredible tastes: a refreshing Budweiser and the intensely zesty jalapeno kick of Clamato Picante. Drink it straight from the [CAN] or add your favorite ingredients to make it yours."; "Spicy Picante Flavor".

The Crack was okay, but the Glug was visually unappealing. I got a brief finger of fizzy pink head that looked like blood orange soda pop going into the glass. It was a deep pink, which is a color that I usually like, but not in a beer. Nose was among the worst ever on The CANQuest (TM) - it smelled like the underside of the pier on a hot day. Seaweed, barnacles, dead fish, CHT from nearby ships, you should get the idea. I girded myself and took a sip. Mouthfeel was spritzy and effervescent and the taste was actually much better than the nose had led me to expect. I got the fishy flavor of the Clamato and the spiciness of the pepper cut through to make it a brilliant alternative to Sunday Bloody Marys. I will also cop to having purchased a bag of Jalapeno with Cheddar Tortilla Chips as an accompaniment. It is never going to be my go-to beer, but it was nowhere near as gag-inducing as its earlier brethren. Open at your own risk. YMMV.

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.53/5  rDev -17%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Once more I face CHELADA!

Cloudy pink with a tall pinkish white colored head, looks like pink grapefruit juice.

Smells of tomato, sea and lime. That about sums it up. If you add salt you can call the scent Clam Ceviche Ale.

Starts out sweet salty tomato juice with celery salt. The taste can be called Beer Bloody Mary. Doesn't exactly taste bad, just weird. Beer and bloody marys two great taste that only a mad scientist would mix! Searching for the "Picante" part of this, there is a little heat but Spicy V8 is hotter.

Moutfeel ....moving on...

Overall not a drain poor but I prefer my Bloody Marys made out of Vodka.

2.59/5  rDev -15.1%