Budweiser Black Crown | Anheuser-Busch

Added by Damian74 on 01-01-2013

Ratings: 1,110 |  Reviews: 208

3.99/5  rDev +41%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

got this at fuzzy's over lunch one day:
poured from the 12 oz bottle into the frozen glass:

A slightly darker than the standard bud straw color / super fluffy head.

S smells better than bud! just a touch of hops and also that ABV smell

T slighty hoppy and a decent malt touch with none of the metallic macro taste!

M again, marginally better than the macro version

D NOT bad! bud not as good as a real craft beer. havent really priced it yet, its good if it's significantly cheaper than a craft.

3.96/5  rDev +39.9%

Budweiser Black Crown isn't the worst i've ever tasted nor is it the best but they are okay. I am a fan of busweiser in general and never have had a problem with flavor or anything like that. i like that they came out with this. i prefer it to some of the other stuff that they have made and enjoy a nice cold one once in a while.

3.96/5  rDev +39.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4

I give it a 4 due to the quality for the price. Good tasting beer for someone on a budget. I'll buy it again.

3.92/5  rDev +38.5%

First of all, I used to be into the "Hoppy" Micro's, Starting back when the Micro brews took off (Around 99)
My favorite for years was Victory Hopdevil. Now I'm 54 and about 7 years ago I must have drank so much of the hoppy micros that I became allergic to strong hop beer(Really sucks because I still love the taste) But the next days after effect is not worth me drinking it anymore. The only Micro I can still drink (And has been one of my favs since Y2k) Is Rouge Dead guy. I know, It has hops but it has more of a malty Caramel flavor and for some reason, I do not get near the discomfort the next day from it that say, Hopdevil would cause. (I'm talking serious "Feeling like crap" side effects. But if I drink a LOT of dead guy in one night I still will have a little bit of discomfort the next day. About 7-9 though and I'm ok.
I'm not and never have been a Bud/Miller/Coors etc... guy. But since this allergy, I have no choice if I'm say, At a concert or party and drinking beer for hours. Anyhow, This Black crown tastes great to me and I am not hungover or left with allergic reations the next day. So, All that said (I felt I had to explain why I like it, Since I KNOW good Micros) I give this a 4.
It's really about the best I can drink anymore and still function the next day. I still splurge on Dead guy, but I have to be careful I don't over do it. This beer really is not as bad as lots of people are saying. It's NOT a micro and you cannot compare it to one. Compared to Bud?? Blows it away. So, If anyone else out there is having the same problems as me, Try it! Not bad at all!

3.92/5  rDev +38.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Beer is medium amber and had a very thin white head that disappeared rather quickly. The beer has lots of visible carbonation. The beer surprisingly smells pretty good. There is a bready/biscuit like aroma with then a mild alcohol scent. There is a little musty and metallic smell to it. The taste is similar to the nose. A bready malt flavor, mild alcohol, and a little fruity flavor hidden in there. It is a little watered down but the style tends to be very mild flavored. The beer has a very short finished and is very watery with a little bit of bubbles from the carbonation.

3.88/5  rDev +37.1%

Budweiser Black Crown brewed by Anheuser-Busch.The brew pours out a nice amber color with a small white head. This brew has an ABV of 6.0 but it goes down real smooth . The smell is the same as american style beer. The taste is heavy with a lot of flavor. This brew is really filling. Nothing Bad about this brew. Over all I give this beer a 4 out of 5.

3.81/5  rDev +34.6%

Appearance: Clear, amber brown

Taste & Aroma: Had a medium sweetness and bitterness to it. Grain notes on top of a slight citrus, possibly orange.

Overall Budweiser's Black Crown is a step above the traditional Budweiser, offering a fuller taste and mouth feel. The taste duration is good, neither short nor long.

3.78/5  rDev +33.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

This is a good beer. Smooth with a little kick. Throw in sal y and a Lime and it gives it that extra kick needed. The taste of the black crown is more powerful than the lime. Which is good in its own since. Also this somehow will get you tipsy without trying

3.76/5  rDev +32.9%