Budweiser Black Crown | Anheuser-Busch

Added by Damian74 on 01-01-2013

Ratings: 1,110 |  Reviews: 208

3.55/5  rDev +25.4%

1.33/5  rDev -53%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

2.5/5  rDev -11.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Buttwiper crap mound is more like it.

3.4/5  rDev +20.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

1.5/5  rDev -47%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

3.75/5  rDev +32.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

The finalist of the AB brewery contest for the best craft brew within their company domain. It's good ...NOT poor for cryin' out loud you hop snobs!

2.9/5  rDev +2.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

To me initially, this felt, smelled, tasted, and almost looked like regular old Budweiser. The flavor and overall body to this beer was as if the company took their flagship red labeled, watery goodness that people so love and added a bit of a darker flavor, though I must say it is a very good and enjoyable flavor, despite the lack of quality the beer seems to have, I'd be lying if I said it was bad. I don't know what Anheuser did, but they pulled off a slightly watery, quality taste that was actually...well....enjoyable, would definitely get this beer again, and too boot a good ABV.

3.76/5  rDev +32.9%

2.7/5  rDev -4.6%

1.87/5  rDev -33.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

2.76/5  rDev -2.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

1.5/5  rDev -47%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

3.45/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

3.16/5  rDev +11.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

2.79/5  rDev -1.4%

2.69/5  rDev -4.9%

1.75/5  rDev -38.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

3.03/5  rDev +7.1%

3.92/5  rDev +38.5%

First of all, I used to be into the "Hoppy" Micro's, Starting back when the Micro brews took off (Around 99)
My favorite for years was Victory Hopdevil. Now I'm 54 and about 7 years ago I must have drank so much of the hoppy micros that I became allergic to strong hop beer(Really sucks because I still love the taste) But the next days after effect is not worth me drinking it anymore. The only Micro I can still drink (And has been one of my favs since Y2k) Is Rouge Dead guy. I know, It has hops but it has more of a malty Caramel flavor and for some reason, I do not get near the discomfort the next day from it that say, Hopdevil would cause. (I'm talking serious "Feeling like crap" side effects. But if I drink a LOT of dead guy in one night I still will have a little bit of discomfort the next day. About 7-9 though and I'm ok.
I'm not and never have been a Bud/Miller/Coors etc... guy. But since this allergy, I have no choice if I'm say, At a concert or party and drinking beer for hours. Anyhow, This Black crown tastes great to me and I am not hungover or left with allergic reations the next day. So, All that said (I felt I had to explain why I like it, Since I KNOW good Micros) I give this a 4.
It's really about the best I can drink anymore and still function the next day. I still splurge on Dead guy, but I have to be careful I don't over do it. This beer really is not as bad as lots of people are saying. It's NOT a micro and you cannot compare it to one. Compared to Bud?? Blows it away. So, If anyone else out there is having the same problems as me, Try it! Not bad at all!

3.19/5  rDev +12.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

1.75/5  rDev -38.2%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

3.32/5  rDev +17.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Pours an amber, slight red hue. Foam head quickly dissipated in pint glass.
Aroma was minimal, hard to pick out specific smells. Slight grassy.
Taste, minimal hop bite, malts come thru well,but does not longer tongue. Finishes clean.
Not overly heavy at all, easily a session beer. A heavier bud, but without the over carb.
Not a bad beer,not a great beer. I'm not slamming this just because Bud makes it.
When it's on sale, I'll buy this, but not at $8 a 6.

Budweiser Black Crown from Anheuser-Busch