Budweiser Black Crown | Anheuser-Busch

Added by Damian74Shensky on 01-01-2013

firstprev| 151-175 | 176-200 | 201-225  | next → last
Reviews: 206 | Ratings: 1,095
4.88/5  rDev +72.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Really good stuff. I am close to 60 years old; I can no longer drink any beer with live yeast in it due to an enlarged prostate. Which really blows; I love IPAs and hoppy hoppy beer. Hoppy beer makes me happy. So unless, I want to walk around with a catherer inserted; I need to drink pasteurized beer. Budweiser got this one right. It tastes good. It has a kick. And I can pee afterwards. Bravo Budweiser.

3.68/5  rDev +30%

Tasty! A pleasant surprise from AB. Fun to see the big boys try something different. I'm a Yuengling fan and this seems like a comprable alternative (Ive likley betrayed my ignorance, but who cares) Really just learning about beer, so I don't know art, but I know what I like, and I like!

4.02/5  rDev +42%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Budweiser Crown as it is known here in Canada is a recent offering from the King o’Beers in the Great White North.

The bottle is pretty slick looking definitely looks like a quality beer.

The smell two words Dee licious

The taste is on the sweet side with no bitter finish and no aftertaste.

Mouthfeel: the label reads “distinctively smooth” and true to form it most certainly is with low carbonation.

This combination makes this a highly drinkable brew allowing you to get a good buzz going. Pounding back a few pints of these seemed no challenge despite the strong 6% alc./vol rating with no real effects hitting until about beer numero four.

The only main drawback here is the price I can snag a case of the Crown at pretty much the same rate as a two-EIGHT ($38.50CDN). I mean COME ON who’s gonna make the switch from KING to Crown at that price because mathematically you’re only getting an extra Bud Lite in terms of alcohol content for that price but you’re negatory four brewskies.

Felt a little sluggish the next day, chalk it up to a rough sleep but a possible difference from King to Crown. A follow up maybe required.

This is an alternative to the vanilla Bud when you’re looking to crush some beers post work. Definitely a new challenger has emerged.

4.88/5  rDev +72.4%

I'm a longtime Bud fan and recently tried this variation. First bottle, I thought "it's OK", but by the second bottle I decided that I really like it. Not too far off in taste from original Bud. I don't think it will replace my favorite (regular Budweiser), but I much prefer Black Crown over most micro brews. Good stuff!

3.32/5  rDev +17.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Pours an amber, slight red hue. Foam head quickly dissipated in pint glass.
Aroma was minimal, hard to pick out specific smells. Slight grassy.
Taste, minimal hop bite, malts come thru well,but does not longer tongue. Finishes clean.
Not overly heavy at all, easily a session beer. A heavier bud, but without the over carb.
Not a bad beer,not a great beer. I'm not slamming this just because Bud makes it.
When it's on sale, I'll buy this, but not at $8 a 6.

If you like the taste and drink-ability of A-B beers, you'll love this one. Best of the Budweiser/Michelob lineage. A great tasting beer that's available at any gas station, C-store or supermarket.

firstprev| 151-175 | 176-200 | 201-225  | next → last