Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat | Anheuser-Busch

Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple WheatShock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat

Missouri, United States

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Availability: Spring

Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat is a unique, hand crafted brewed hybrid of Belgian wheat beer and sweet cider, with natural Honeycrisp flavor added to produce an innovative new brew that is crisp, refreshing and flavorful. This unfiltered brew is the perfect beer to welcome the warming Spring days.

Added by Jason on 01-10-2013

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last
Reviews: 134 | Ratings: 860
1.78/5  rDev -43.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Had this at a party, not a fan of regular shock top but wa inticed by the bright green can. Strong strong smell of apple juice. Tastes completely like jolly ranchers, the sour appeared flavor. Kind of smells like it too. Is this actually beer? I'm pretty sure its just candy.

1.58/5  rDev -50%

Up front the smell was okay, not so bad. Mouth feel was what you would expect from a cider of this type; a bit dry, nothing special. Now the taste: Okay, either I just got a bad bottle, or this clearly just isn't my thing, but this was awful; I couldn't even get half the bottle down. Would not try again.

1.56/5  rDev -50.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

Not quite as bad as I expected it to be (I expected horrible, I got merely bad). Still couldn't bring myself to finish it. The cloying smell was the worst part.

1.5/5  rDev -52.5%

I'm sitting with someone who is drinking one, so I figured I'd take a sip and do a little review.

This isn't worth pouring into a glass, just drink it from the bottle. The nose is that of apple cider, that's it. Apples apples apples. The taste is the same, apples. That's about it. Sickening sweet. There is no way I could finish a whole bottle, I'm sick of it after three sips.

Bottom line, if you like cider, maybe you'll find it decent enough, but really......just no.

1.46/5  rDev -53.8%

I only have a few beers a month, so I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. However, this is one of the very few beers I have had that I would rate as genuinely awful -- bad enough to warrant my first full review (woo-hoo!). I cannot make a hard and fast assessment of the color, appearance, or lacing, as I had this straight from the bottle. The dominant, pervasive, and lasting impression, both smell and taste, is that of an alcoholic Jolly Rancher, the green apple flavor. I have had the regular Shock Top Belgian Wheat in the past and found that to be an acceptable brew in the face of limited options, so I was pretty disappointed by this variant. A hint of fruit flavor is nice, but the Anheuser-Busch people went way over the top on this one. I won't be giving it a second chance.

1.33/5  rDev -57.9%

Some things go great together, like peanut butter and jelly or peanut butter and chocolate. This is more like peanut butter and jelly Reese's cups, but the machine forgot the peanut butter.
To be honest the cider part was good but the beer messed it up and dragged it through the mud. I wouldn't recommend drinking this unless you enjoy disappointments.

1.26/5  rDev -60.1%

Bottom Line: This was a complete drain pour. This was actually worse than most BMC light beers, which are at least unnoticeable. This, on the other hand, was hard to stomach.

This was disgustingly, cloyingly sweet in both taste and smell. The mouthfeel was probably okay, and there was a slight slight head on the pour.

Obviously it tasted like apple, but less like good cider, and more like overly floral, cheap apple wine that had been carbonated. Reminded me of Applejacks cereal, but in a bad way - this was bad Applejacks infused BMC Light Lager

1.21/5  rDev -61.7%

Got this as part of a sampler pack with Shock Top's Lemon shandy and Belgian white.

No comment on appearance since I did not really note the color when I had this (late review). In terms of smell the only thing I can think of to describe it is jolly rancher green apple. Overly sweet, artificial, and overpowering. Smelling it is almost like doing a rail of "apple" flavored sugar cocaine. No hint of beer at all. More of a juice than anything. If you made me smell this and didn't tell me what it was I would think It was some new sugary kids drink. The taste is just as overpoweringly sweet. Think candy juice spiked with sugary. I will try and finish just about everything and I like my sweets just as much as the kid down the street, but to me this is just too much. Almost didn't finish this. Have a few more bottles laying around that I unfortunaly may pour down the drain.

This tasted like either really bad cider or really bad beer. Like budweiser with sour apple jolly rancher hues. Two of them led to an upset stomach and an epic headache the next day. I like most beer on principle and I hate to waste it ever, but the last four of these will get dumped with extreme prejudice. Blech.

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last