Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat | Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States | website

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Availability: Spring

Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat is a unique, hand crafted brewed hybrid of Belgian wheat beer and sweet cider, with natural Honeycrisp flavor added to produce an innovative new brew that is crisp, refreshing and flavorful. This unfiltered brew is the perfect beer to welcome the warming Spring days.

Added by Jason on 01-10-2013

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last
Reviews: 133 | Ratings: 856
4.31/5  rDev +36%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.75

This was very surprising and very good. Usually I enjoy Shiner when I have money and Coors when I don't but this has to be my new favorite beer Apple taste is not overwhelming and I would say kind of in the background of the beer. You do get a beer taste but the apple blends in very well. Highly recommended.

4.35/5  rDev +37.2%

I live in AZ so this is the perfect summer pool beer. The apple fruit flavor makes this very easy to drink and enjoyable. For what it is intended to be, it is great.

4.38/5  rDev +38.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.5

Another Shock Top that didn't disappoint.

Great color out of the bottle, small head but with good lacing. The smell just blew me away, it was pure honey and apples, so much so you might think you we're drinking one of those hard ciders but with better taste. I like the carbonation on this one and was glad to find there was little aftertaste. The beer is deceptive, be careful or you'll end up guzzling it thinking it were apple juice. Overall, I scored it a bit low since this is a beer rating site and it ended up being more of a hard cider like I mention above rather than a fruit flavored beer.

4.39/5  rDev +38.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.5

could not be happier with a random loose beer I got to try the other day. The Honeycrisp Apple Wheat for shock top smells perfect and tastes even better. I could not have had a better first taste of a beer in my entire life. The apple is a slight hint but a nice fresh aftertaste. highly recommended and a must try!

4.4/5  rDev +38.8%

I don't know what everyone else was drinking that say shock top honeycrisp apple wheat is to sweet. It don't taste anything like woodchuck either. You take REDS apple ale and that stuff is like syrup not even a hint of a beer. Then you wrap your hand around this shock top and you smell the GREEN APPLE smell that reminds you of a green jolly rancher. then when you drink it , you get a cold crisp non bitter taste in your mouth with a nice suttle back taste of that green apple yet the beer taste still comes all the way through. It's perfection compared to any other apple beer I've ever tasted. As a Marine I've traveled the world and had more than my share so I think I'm pretty good judge. Sorry boys gotta call it like I experience it and I don't understand any of the other reviews on this beer they are WAY off.

4.46/5  rDev +40.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

This apple crips has a wonderful flavor. Can be drank year round. Awesome sitting next to a fire. Can be drank with meals or as an after dinner desert beverage.

4.5/5  rDev +42%

Now granted, this is pretty good out of a bottle, but on tap it is phenomenal.

Honeycrisp apples are my favorite, and this tastes exactly like them. A light wheat beer mixed with juice from these apples. Absolutely delicious.

Would Drink Again: Yes
Would Purchase Again: Yes

4.82/5  rDev +52.1%

I am drinking this beer right now as I'm writing this review and even though I'm still a novice when it comes to beer, I can say this is easily my favorite beer. Very smooth, easily drinkable and great taste. Not bitter at all. It's definitely something I'll have to buy more often.

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last