Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Availability: Spring

Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat is a unique, hand crafted brewed hybrid of Belgian wheat beer and sweet cider, with natural Honeycrisp flavor added to produce an innovative new brew that is crisp, refreshing and flavorful. This unfiltered brew is the perfect beer to welcome the warming Spring days.

Added by Jason on 01-10-2013

1.77/5  rDev -42.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

1.78/5  rDev -42.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Had this at a party, not a fan of regular shock top but wa inticed by the bright green can. Strong strong smell of apple juice. Tastes completely like jolly ranchers, the sour appeared flavor. Kind of smells like it too. Is this actually beer? I'm pretty sure its just candy.

1.84/5  rDev -40.6%

1.85/5  rDev -40.3%

I love beer. I love apple cider. I've liked every apple beer I've tried. Except this one. It smells ok, like apples and cider. The look was ok- it had a decent coloring and was similar to what I would expect of a similar beer. The taste was what got me. It didn't taste like honey crisp apples- it tasted like green jolly ranchers. It was surprisingly unpleasant and saccharine. In addition, there was a bitter note at the end of every sip that wouldnt disappear. If I could, I'd return the rest of the six-pack. Don't waste your money on this. There are much better apple beers out there.

1.96/5  rDev -36.8%

Honestly, this beer just isn't for me, maybe it'd appeal more to someone else's palate but it just smelled sour and fermented(yes, I understand all beer is fermented), and tasted rank not quite sweet like a hard cider and not quite like a wheat beer, the concept just didn't work for me and my palate but hey maybe it'll work for yours.

Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat from Anheuser-Busch