Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat | Anheuser-Busch

Missouri, United States
anheuser-busch.com

Style: Fruit / Vegetable Beer

Availability: Spring

Shock Top Honeycrisp Apple Wheat is a unique, hand crafted brewed hybrid of Belgian wheat beer and sweet cider, with natural Honeycrisp flavor added to produce an innovative new brew that is crisp, refreshing and flavorful. This unfiltered brew is the perfect beer to welcome the warming Spring days.

Added by Jason on 01-10-2013

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last
Reviews: 139 | Ratings: 876
1.21/5  rDev -61.8%

Got this as part of a sampler pack with Shock Top's Lemon shandy and Belgian white.

No comment on appearance since I did not really note the color when I had this (late review). In terms of smell the only thing I can think of to describe it is jolly rancher green apple. Overly sweet, artificial, and overpowering. Smelling it is almost like doing a rail of "apple" flavored sugar cocaine. No hint of beer at all. More of a juice than anything. If you made me smell this and didn't tell me what it was I would think It was some new sugary kids drink. The taste is just as overpoweringly sweet. Think candy juice spiked with sugary. I will try and finish just about everything and I like my sweets just as much as the kid down the street, but to me this is just too much. Almost didn't finish this. Have a few more bottles laying around that I unfortunaly may pour down the drain.

3.61/5  rDev +13.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This beer pours with a finger and a half, fine-bubbled head. This head is fluorescent white head and dissolves quickly. This beer is a hazy, golden orange color. The nose is completely green apple. The initial taste is a strong, tart green apple morphing into a Jolly Rancher Sour Apple sort of sweet apple flavor. Acid and metal tastes are apparent. Fades to a simple, satisfying wheat flavor finish. It's a nice, crisp beer when you're in the mood for an easy drinking fruit beer.

2.7/5  rDev -14.8%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

As someone else said to describe this it taste just like green jolly rancher.. For me it would be hard to stomach more than one of these. It is for an aquired taste... poured slightly clear for a wheat. It is definitly a shock on the palate with a sour taste. Dont really get the honey taste. little fizzy head. try it its either a love it or hate it. Mayne ok if paired with the right meal.

3.86/5  rDev +21.8%

Hmmm....a budweiser product....uh oh...

Poured into a Woodstock Inn & Brewery (Lincoln, NH) pint glass.

Typical ShockTop look...hazy, dark orange honey color, which is what any self respecting heffy should look like. Has about a 1" head thats gone pretty quick.

Smell is kinda like one of those granny smith jolly rancher candys, with some wheat and coriander (a ST staple) of course.

Taste is slightly less sour...more like a macintosh apple..with the usual wheaty smoothness up front with a very slight spice at the end...also somthing else..is that pear? Finishes pretty much the way it starts...smooth and fruitish.

Bought this at a local chain grocer in Hillsboro, NH being a slight fan of STs' other brews (bud hasnt completely screwed it up yet) and was pleasantly surprised...after the raspberry, most of them have been pretty meh. But for a cheap beer for the masses (which i normally despise) its not bad. I suppose if im down to my last 8$ and want a dwcent 6er id buy it again.

4.31/5  rDev +36%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.75

This was very surprising and very good. Usually I enjoy Shiner when I have money and Coors when I don't but this has to be my new favorite beer Apple taste is not overwhelming and I would say kind of in the background of the beer. You do get a beer taste but the apple blends in very well. Highly recommended.

This tasted like either really bad cider or really bad beer. Like budweiser with sour apple jolly rancher hues. Two of them led to an upset stomach and an epic headache the next day. I like most beer on principle and I hate to waste it ever, but the last four of these will get dumped with extreme prejudice. Blech.

4.39/5  rDev +38.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.5

could not be happier with a random loose beer I got to try the other day. The Honeycrisp Apple Wheat for shock top smells perfect and tastes even better. I could not have had a better first taste of a beer in my entire life. The apple is a slight hint but a nice fresh aftertaste. highly recommended and a must try!

1.85/5  rDev -41.6%

I love beer. I love apple cider. I've liked every apple beer I've tried. Except this one. It smells ok, like apples and cider. The look was ok- it had a decent coloring and was similar to what I would expect of a similar beer. The taste was what got me. It didn't taste like honey crisp apples- it tasted like green jolly ranchers. It was surprisingly unpleasant and saccharine. In addition, there was a bitter note at the end of every sip that wouldnt disappear. If I could, I'd return the rest of the six-pack. Don't waste your money on this. There are much better apple beers out there.

3.54/5  rDev +11.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Went to refill Keg... and always looking for something different.
Last one from the winter orders.

Not sure what I was getting into, but I've had Shock top Before and liked it, so Why not apple.

Vary Apple, with a hint of beer.

Closer to a cider than a beer. Realize now why they asked me if I was sure at the Bud distributer.

I liked it. Not sure how I will feel at the end of the keg... But for now a fun change to share with friends.

If your looking for a beer this is a novelty that's okay for a taste... If you like ciders this is OKAY... but if you are like me and like a little bit of everything, this will bridge the gap.

Plumbing tip of the Day. "If your water heater ruptures, smile... you now have a swimming pool for a basement." (pumped 3000 gallons of water out of a basement today.)

4.4/5  rDev +38.8%

I don't know what everyone else was drinking that say shock top honeycrisp apple wheat is to sweet. It don't taste anything like woodchuck either. You take REDS apple ale and that stuff is like syrup not even a hint of a beer. Then you wrap your hand around this shock top and you smell the GREEN APPLE smell that reminds you of a green jolly rancher. then when you drink it , you get a cold crisp non bitter taste in your mouth with a nice suttle back taste of that green apple yet the beer taste still comes all the way through. It's perfection compared to any other apple beer I've ever tasted. As a Marine I've traveled the world and had more than my share so I think I'm pretty good judge. Sorry boys gotta call it like I experience it and I don't understand any of the other reviews on this beer they are WAY off.

4.46/5  rDev +40.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

This apple crips has a wonderful flavor. Can be drank year round. Awesome sitting next to a fire. Can be drank with meals or as an after dinner desert beverage.

1.33/5  rDev -58%

Some things go great together, like peanut butter and jelly or peanut butter and chocolate. This is more like peanut butter and jelly Reese's cups, but the machine forgot the peanut butter.
To be honest the cider part was good but the beer messed it up and dragged it through the mud. I wouldn't recommend drinking this unless you enjoy disappointments.

3.78/5  rDev +19.2%

A: Golden and clear with a white half finger head. Thin lacing.

S: Sweet Apple. Fruity.

T: Tastes like candy apples! Very refreshing and sweet. No hop bitterness.

M: Light-bodied drink with medium carbonation. Tart and slightly dry.

O: Make a great summertime drink. Light and refreshing. Sweetness is not too overpowering. I would definitely try this again.

1.78/5  rDev -43.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Had this at a party, not a fan of regular shock top but wa inticed by the bright green can. Strong strong smell of apple juice. Tastes completely like jolly ranchers, the sour appeared flavor. Kind of smells like it too. Is this actually beer? I'm pretty sure its just candy.

firstprev| 76-100 | 101-125 | 126-150  | next → last