Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita | Anheuser-Busch

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by SometimesIfart on 03-31-2013

Reviews: 64 | Ratings: 438
2.57/5  rDev +6.6%

473 ml can served cold into an MGD pint glass. Thanks to John for giving me an extra. I'm actually kind of terrified to see what this exactly is.Canadian version advertised as 6.0% ABV. Whether that makes it more palatable or not remains to be seen.

Appearance - Fluorescent, glow-in the dark pink, that looks fairly red in certain lights. Somewhat hazy, absolutely no head poured and decent amount of lively bubble action.

Smell - Artificial lime and strawberry all the way. I can almost taste how sticky this is going to be through my nose. Nothing offensive, just artificial.

Taste - Artificial strawberry with a health dose of lime (which may be artificial as well). The sour lime actually cuts through the otherwise ridiculous level of sweetness quite nicely. Still too sweet. After a few sips and you mouth is numb with sweetness, I taste virtually nothing.

Mouthfeel - Highly carbonated, gassy, body is too heavy and sticky. Drinks like a heavily carbonated cooler or a Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Overall - Expectations were low and I won't finish the glass because of the crazy sweetness which starts getting to you after a few sips, but my low expectations were actually met and slightly exceeded with the end result. Bud Lime Straw-Ber-Ita - could've been so much worse.

1.09/5  rDev -54.8%

This was a challenge to get down. That's not a lie. Consumed from the 25 Oz. can. Pours an electric pink/red. Fake strawberries in the nose. Taste is cheap rotgut booze. This was very cloying, perhaps too much. I nearly vomited while consuming this. Pass.

2.82/5  rDev +17%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Sampled last Thursday night on 12/17/15. Single 8-ounce can chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured in to a vintage 10 ounce "Bud" glass.

Brew pours a light red in color with a thin pink head that fakes away fast. No lacing is seen to mentioned. Aroma is of alcohol and strawberries since it is 8% AVB. Pretty much can be said for the taste. Lighter-bodied with good carbonation. Goes down fast and easy and a good drink for a fast buzz if that is what you are looking for.

Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita brewed by Anheuser-Busch, with an ABV of 8.0%. This brew pours out a nice red color with a small pink head. The head to this brew goes away fast. The smell is sweet with strawberries an alcohol. No hops,malts or grains in the smell of this brew. Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita is not your typical beer. This brew has an high ABV with lots of sugars. However the smell is really inviting. Now for the taste of this brew, it is sweet and sour, with strawberries. I will say this, it is different from most brews on the market today. It puts you in the mind of soda/pop with alcohol. It is a real refreshing ,drinking brew. You really can't pick up on the 8.0% ABV in this brew. I would buy this brew when, I'm in the mood for something different than your typical beer. The mouth feel is bold with flavors. Anheuser-Busch , did a nice job with this one. Overall I'm giving Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita a soild 4 out 5. I would buy this brew again.
Some would not considered this to be beer, however is a smooth brew to drink.

1.42/5  rDev -41.1%

Pours an opaque red color with no head whatsoever. Looks like kook aid. Smells like artificially sweetened strawberry margarita. Taste isn't to bad for a margarita, but this is beer so, it just doesn't fit. Goes down a little harsh. Probably because it's more of a cocktail than beer. Overall this is crap. The can says artificial sweeteners and artificial colors. No beer should ever have either of these.

2.35/5  rDev -2.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Not a bad tasting cocktail, but I don't consider it a beer. One 8 oz. can of this is plenty.

Using the Begnel formula, the Alcohol Score is 8 oz. x 8.0% = 64, or 1.3 Bud Lights. For the 25 oz. can, the score is 200, or a whopping 4.0 Bud Lights!

2.77/5  rDev +14.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

8oz can from the store down the street.
Lightly hazy reddish pink color with a light pink head that dissipates almost instantly. Artificial strawberry aroma and flavor dominate this "beer." Light salt and sour mix make up the rest of this. It ain't beer but I think it succeeded in what it set out to imitate.

2.18/5  rDev -9.5%

25oz can poured into a pint glass

A- pours a hazy pinkish red color with a fizzy white head that disappears completely, looking exactly like a strawberry soda

S- strawberry soda and alcohol, not much else to say

T- artificial strawberry soda loaded with sugar and alcohol, pretty much tastes like a wine cooler

M- watery mouthfeel and carbonation leads to a spritz body and finish

O- how can this be considered beer? This is a wine cooler, disguised as a beer

this shit is horrible i heard so many people say it was good okay, what do they usally drink sticky cum like shit man i was about puking this stuff up, i wouldint even drink this if was very very thirsty even the cheapest crappy beers are better than this, WHAT THE FUCKING HELL IS WRONG \ WITH THIS COMPANY GET YOUR HEAD OUT YOUR FUCKING ASSES YOU GOT YOUR HEADS SO UP YOUR FUCKING CHEAP ASSHOLES U DONT KNOW SHIT STOP MAKING BEERS GO MAKE FUCKING PUSSYS LIKE YOU ARE USED TOO DOING, KING OF BEERS, MORE LIKE KINGS OF THE CHEAPEST SHIT IN THE WORLD NOBODY WANTS PART OF

This is what is and nothing more, not what I would call beer but it's on this site and can be rated...it was ok for what it was...won't drink it again.

2.76/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Got one last summer on a whim from the $1 bin at Kroger to go with Mexican take out. It's strawberry malt liquor. Do with that what you want. I assume people usually drink these to get drunk, tasted like liquid strawberry slurpee with alcohol.

1.17/5  rDev -51.5%

I had this because one of my roommates got it for his beer hating gf,

She only drank a couple from the pack he got her and asked me to help finish a few off.

Honestly, this is the worst tasting alcoholic beverage of all time. They should make alcoholics drink this in AA, it will literally make you hate alcohol.

3.75/5  rDev +55.6%

Love the ritas but low rating reason is cause of them, the strawberry is the most "off" tasting. its very bitter. very. I like to mix it with the mango one. good drink tho.

1.5/5  rDev -37.8%

Poured into cocktail glass.
Appearance: Red and fizzy.
Smell: Artificial strawberry and malt.
Taste: Overpowering, extremely sweet artificial strawberry with a rancid backtaste of bad malt liquor.
Body: Very light, extreme carbonation.
Overall: Could maybe be appealing to some. I would recommend just buying some vodka and mixing your own. Would make me sick after only a couple.

Bobby bought this as a joke for his dad while we were at Cheaha State Park. All four of us tried it and all four of us hated it! I'm not sure how they can call this a beer...

3.41/5  rDev +41.5%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bud Light Straw-Ber-Rita
24 oz. can
$2.99 @ Stop N Shop Liquors, Camden, NJ

Not unlike the Bud Light Lime Lime-A-Rita, this is not really a beer, but a malternative version of a margarita cocktail. This version, however, is of a strawberry margarita. It's bright and sweet, and very strawbery-like in flavor - almost too much so. Given the choice I'd stick with the Lime-A-Rita.

3.05/5  rDev +26.6%

Serving style : 8 oz can poured into clear coke glass.

Appearance (1.5) : coke glass is right. This is strawberry pop right here. No head. Just fizz, and a strawberry-watermelon red color. Pretty opaque, though. I've actually seen strawberry soda with more of a head than this!!!

Smell (2) : Like a cheap Vegas strawberry daiquiri. Heavy on alcohol and cut strawberries. I want to say a little aspartame but that might not be entirely correct. It's not a bad smell, but it's definitely NOT beer.

Taste (3.5) : Tart strawberries with a heavy alcohol foundation. Very sweet, very much like ripe strawberries. A residual finish of light honey. There's not much to comment on, this is basically it. What it does taste like is strawberries, so kudos for that.

Mouthfeel (2) : sharp, stabbing carbonation, like prickly strawberries - but somewhat appropriate for this type of malt liquor. When it hits your belly it's like concrete.

Overall (3.05) : The Raspberry one had a little better flavor and more character, but I wouldn't refuse this drink if someone offered it to me. It is very tasty, easy to drink, will get you drunk in two or less, and has almost no objectionable or offensive flavors. It's simply an alcoholic strawberry daiquiri soda pop. Yep.

1.68/5  rDev -30.3%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 3

Poured from 16oz can into a pint glass. I've been wary of reviewing more malt liquors, as it means I have to drink them. But after reading all of this beer's positive-troll (is this a thing?) reviews, I just had to give it a try.

Appearance: somewhere between pink lemonade and ruby red grapefruit juice. No head, light effervescence. I'm almost surprised this is considered beer.

Smell: a handful of lime Runts and a handful of strawberry Runts dissolved in a Bud Light. While in some contexts this would not be a bad aroma, as a beer it is pretty much the worst.

Taste: like the aroma but not as pleasant. This is an alcopop. It may not deserve to be listed on this site.

Mouthfeel: light and unexciting. It could potentially be worse.

Overall: not a good beer. A decent alcopop.

3.18/5  rDev +32%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Poured from an 8 oz can into a pint glass.
Aroma- Smells like a strawberry daiquiri
Appearance -It looks like a strawberry soda with heavy carbonation and no head.
Taste - Not a bad flavor, it is a strawberry daiquiri and I couldn't taste any beer flavorings in this at all.
Palate- Light bodied overly carbonated drink.
Overall - This isn't to bad, don't think this is a fruit beer, it's not. it tastes like a daiquiri, I would drink this again if offered to me.

I don't get why everyone's dogging on this stuff. It is by far the best strawberry/rita beer on the market.

Normally, when me and my bros go out fishing, it's always Coors Light or Miller High Life, but I don't like my beer to taste like beer. My go tos are either Cantillion Lou Pepe Kriek or Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Ita, which is pretty much the same beer, only less expensive.

For a treat during the winter, microwave it and drink it like a mug of hot apple cider.

1.79/5  rDev -25.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1.75

Pours a bright red with a lot of sugar on the nose. This wasn't my kind of drink so maybe I'm biased but I did not care for the taste. Overly sweet with very little in the way of any real flavors. You get a punch of artificial strawberry and then it's just pure sugar. No salt or lime I could detect to make it like a margarita.

2.07/5  rDev -14.1%

8 oz. can poured into a mini shaker glass, this the Bud Light 'Lime' Straw-BER-Rita. Shows a strawberry esque color with a half second of head retention. A firm pop belies the light carbonation. Aroma of sweet fruit yet not obviously artificial in nature. Taste is juicy and slightly tart on the finish; sweet enough to mask the ABV which I guess is the point behind it all. Warming gives it a bit of a wine cooler flavor which I guess is what it is, as wine coolers don't seem to have wine in them any longer anyway. Goes down easily and would confuse grandma and the grandkids as well if you kept that 8% thing to yourself, not that I would recommend such things..

4.98/5  rDev +106.6%

I drank a bunch of these and puked all over my wife's curtains, it was awesome. I could see drinking these all day while riding the CTA and passing out with my pants down and pissing myself. 25 oz cans and 8% ABV? This is the best thing since 4 lokos!

4.98/5  rDev +106.6%

Third best thing I've ever had in my mouth. The flavor explodes with natural flavor.
The caramel color was added in perfectly, how they get that color from caramel is beyond me! I read the can the other day. It recommended I try it over ice. Boom! Amazing! Ahhh! Strawberita, I love it.

4.99/5  rDev +107.1%

It comes in great BIG cans & tiny cans – That says “Homerun!” to me. I don’t see those imported Mexican cervesarias letting it all hang out there by putting ‘ritas in a can. The taste is great. No need for salt on the rim. This isn’t some gimmick like another 100 IBU IPA. This is the real deal.

Bud Light Lime Straw-Ber-Rita from Anheuser-Busch