The Twit | Bluejacket / Arsenal Restaurant

4.25/5  rDev +15.2%

3.53/5  rDev -4.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Bluejacket The Twit

"Tart & Funky - Delicate - Sour Witbier".

750 mL bottle poured into a Hair of the Dog tulip glass.

A: Light straw to gold color and hazy. Smooth, white foam stand.

S: Light wheat with lemons. Clean, not really getting any funk, even though the label is telling me to look for it.

T: Lemon tartness, peach & pineapple juice, wheat malt, light spicy hop with low bitterness.

M: Light body, medium-high carbonation, effervescent, puckering.

O: Pleasantly sour summer beer, but wheat character is a little lacking (I am now reading that grain bill is only 40% wheat). I don't get the funkiness, but this beer doesn't really need any.

3.81/5  rDev +3.3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Listed as a sour witbier, it tends more towards sour.
A: It pours hazy yellow with a good sustaining head that clings to the sides briefly on swirl.
S: The nose is definitely funky. Initially it put me off, but the more I smelled, the more interesting it became. It took me a while to place what I considered a custard smell.
T/M: not too puckeringly tart, but light lemon sourness on top of a carbonated tickle on the tongue. I don't get much of the "witbier" part in the taste (vs look), but I'm far from an expert in the style.
O: probably too sour for someone looking for a witbier, bit not overpoweringly tart if you're looking for a sour. Still, think more of a sour if you plan on ordering.

The Twit from Bluejacket / Arsenal Restaurant