County Line IPA | Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company

Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company
Pennsylvania, United States
neshaminycreekbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Our search for a location to start this brewery took us across much of Lower Bucks County, many times traveling down the well known divider between northern Philadelphia, southern Bucks, and Montgomery counties, County Line Road. One of the original names we thought of for the brewery was that of County Line Brewing. We don’t know how or why we didn’t settle on that name, but in recognition of our location so close to Philadelphia and that potential namesake, we decided to pass the name on to our flagship IPA which comes in at 6.6% ABV and is chock full of Warrior, Chinook, Columbus, Simcoe, and Centennial hops. It’s got a bready malt backbone to counter some of that hop bitterness, but not so much that this five hop combination won’t put a smile on your face. Dry hopped for nearly two weeks, County Line IPA has a lingering hop bitterness showing a complexity of resinous pine notes, citrusy lemon, and grapefruit that many IPAs on the East Coast lack.

Added by TheFightfan1 on 06-11-2012

3.9

4.13/5  rDev +5.9%

3.07/5  rDev -21.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

To me the label of this beer clearly shows the division between a county of Pine People and Lime People. I couldn't think of a better description for the product. This is what it's like when Pines and Limes collide! Couldn't think of a better image for the beer. A refreshing brew that could be sessionable if it weren't so dang bitter and biting, not to mention almost 7%ABV. Each sip was a distraction as I watched Longmire. It's nice to find a beer that stands out for any reason at all. Turns out Neshaminy Creek are a brewery worth having around. I'm glad I found them at the beach last weekend - this one will always remind me of my honeymoon.

3.68/5  rDev -5.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.15/5  rDev +6.4%

3.28/5  rDev -15.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

This was poured into a pint glass. The appearance was a glossed over amber color with a one finger white head. The head faded into oblivion leaving a slight stringy lacing here and there. The smell had a sweet caramel and light citrus fruit leading into a piney hops mix. The taste was sweet fruits and a light grapefruit hop flavor. On the palate, this one sat about a light to medium with a decent sessionability about it. The carbonation was there with a slight harsh aspect of an AIPA of sorts. Overall, decent AIPA I could have again.

3.85/5  rDev -1.3%

Pretty see through orange tinged brew with an off white head. Smells inviting with citrus and pine notes on the nose. A bit bitter and piney for my taste, not enough sweetness to even this beer out. That being said, it's still not bad as I drink it I get a bit more of the citrus but the bready malt, I ain't tasting it. Good creamy mouthcoating feel to this IPA. The thing is, taste means the most by far to me so overall I've got to give it a 3.75.

3.77/5  rDev -3.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.31/5  rDev +10.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.21/5  rDev +7.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

3.94/5  rDev +1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

1.78/5  rDev -54.4%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

3.48/5  rDev -10.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.73/5  rDev -4.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

4.11/5  rDev +5.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Undated can into pint glass. Pours a hazy light amber color with a thin off-white head. Initial impression is resinous hops - almost to the exclusion of everything else. BUT bready malt comes through after a bit, attempting (but failing) to balance the hoppiness. Nice chewy mouthfeel. Slightly bitter, dry finish. This is a very good IPA - not the best, but I'd revisit in a heartbeat.

4.07/5  rDev +4.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

You know what? I'll tell you what. This is really good, I mean they frigging nailed it. Exactly what they were going for. An bitter bomb, is there malt in this beer? it's almost 3/4 of the way thru before I notice any malt aroma and couple sips in before I get any bready or cracker malt sweetness.

Look average I don't like too pale which this is. Aroma bitter, fresh and taste is bitter, fresh hops only slightly balanced by that almost undetectable malt bill. Very dry and bitter, man I love dry and bitter I will have this again and again.

I'm not an session drinker and never will be but this will always follow couple big stouts. Dry and bitter, did I say that? Chewy mouthfeel and overall just damn good.

I think what I need to see next from this brewery is an 9 - 10 % double that keeps the same biter hop bill. Do they make that beer? IDK I'll have to ask ...

4.5/5  rDev +15.4%

4.32/5  rDev +10.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

3.6/5  rDev -7.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

4.07/5  rDev +4.4%

Drank from can. Immediately foamed up with huge head and light amber liquid settling on rim. Taste is pine and dank hops and a hint of bitter grapefruit, with just enough malt to add a touch of breadiness and contrast. As I get further through and it warms a touch, a distinct orange or tangerine flavor emerges. Mouthfeel is simply amazing- thick and chewy while being refreshing and drinkable. I bought a 24 pack because I liked this so much. Edit: poured into glass since- thick bright orange with suspended sediment galore.

3.88/5  rDev -0.5%