Tribute Tripel | Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company

Neshaminy Creek Brewing Company
Pennsylvania, United States
neshaminycreekbrewing.com

Style: Tripel

“This is the greatest and best song (beer) in the world… Tribute.” Not only are we huge Tenacious D fans, but we’re also huge Belgian Tripel fans, so this is our “Tribute”. Brewed with a whole lot of Pilsen malt, Hallertau and Saaz hops, as well a pinch of coriander and bitter orange peel, Tribute has a soft malt backbone that’s paired with a fruity, citrusy flavor, and spicy, yet not over done phenolic character imparted from our use of an authentic Belgian yeast strain. At 9.3% ABV the alcohol is well hidden and very deceptive, and the dry finish will leave you eager for more."

Added by rfgetz on 07-23-2012

Liked:
3.83/5
Alströms:

3.86/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

3.97/5  rDev +3.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Since they put it in a CAN, I CANnot help but want to review it! I am reminded of another fine CANned beer from PA who I paraphrase here: From the banks of the mighty Neshaminy, we tender this premium Tripel beer for your enjoyment as a Tribute to your good taste. It comes from the Creek to you. The CANQuest (tm)'s lawyers are standing by!

From the CAN: "This is not the greatest Tripel in the world, this is just a Tribute."; "Authentic Belgian Tripel".

The Crack! released some foaming action through the vent, so I sat back & allowed it to play itself out before I CANtinued. Tri(pel) as I might, I could not reduce the turbidity in this beer, even with the gentlest of Glugs. Color was a hazy Yellow-Gold (SRM = 4- 5) and the Gelt Gang said that they could not be bothered. There was a finger of foamy, tawny head for a brief moment, but then it fell to wisps. I really got a whiff of vanilla on the nose! Interesting. Mouthfeel was medium with a prickly sensation on the tongue from the carbonation. Warning, Will Robinson! Danger, danger, danger! The alcohol was imperceptible & I drank off half of it without thinking. Oh my! The taste was of black pepper, oranges, vanilla & old newspapers, the latter undoubtedly a product of the yeast. A Tripel from a CAN! I wonder what the Belgians would have to say about this. Personally, I am all for it, since the idea of lugging bottle-conditioned beers around is anethma. When it became apparent (not clear) that I was not going to achieve any sort of clarity, I roused the lees in the CAN & let fly. This brought forth three-plus fingers of rocky, tawny head with great retention and also greatly increased the turbidity in the beer itself. Sticky lacing began to form and I began to CANtemplate who was going to clean up afterwards. Now, the alcohol was much more pronounced! Whew! The black pepper flavor really stood out, as did the musty, papery-like taste. The finish was bone-dry, the result of the coriCANder & the yeast. I was gasping for air and reaching for my inhaler afterwards! This will definitely get things rolling!

Would I put it in a cooler? I think back to the MAD Magazines of my youth & Antonio Prohias' "Spy vs. Spy". White Spy would be on the beach, lounging in a folding chair, next to a cooler and an inflated inflatable raft. I, as Black Spy, would wait until he either a) falls asleep or b) heads for the lav & replace all of his B/M/C Light/Lite beers with a mixed case of this & TenFidy & laugh hysterically as he gets on his raft later and floats away, never to be heard from again. Sharks nibble at his dangling fingers & toes since he is passed out & well past the breakwall in the last panel.

3.69/5  rDev -3.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.33/5  rDev +13.1%

3.25/5  rDev -15.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

4.35/5  rDev +13.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

What's up with some of these nay sayers. Wonderful tripel. Tribute my ass. Fine

2.18/5  rDev -43.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2

Thanks Phil, I always appreciate a taste of a new beer and had it not been for your efforts, I may have missed this one. Enjoyed from a 22 oz mega snifter.

A - the can burst open w excitement blasting foamy in every which way on the initial crack. The pour revealed similar lively carbonation...never seen a triel pour w such a vigorous head, but I'll take it. Nice lace as well.

S - nose is uber sweet. Big bursts of banana clove and bubblegum with a big earthy malt ticked in the background. Finishes a bit rubbery or musty. Overall sweet.

T/m/o - lots of VERY sweet floral coriander and clove. Almost too sweet. Not for me. Just too intense of a floral pot pours soapy flavor for me. Couldn't finish it.

3.71/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.93/5  rDev +2.6%

3.75/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.58/5  rDev -6.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

4.12/5  rDev +7.6%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

4.06/5  rDev +6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

This was a nice offering from Neshaminy Creek. Being a Philly guy, I may be biased to a hometown brewery, but I really enjoyed this brew. I also have the advantage of getting these brews extremely fresh. This poured a nice hazy orange color with a white head to it. You could immediately pick up the aroma of orange peel, apricot, ginger and coriander. The taste was very strong as you'd expect from a 9.3% ABV. The alcohol comes through and warms as it goes down. You can pick up the orange peel and citrus as well as the smooth malts blended well. I think this is a nice tripel. It is one to try!

3.56/5  rDev -7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

I wasn't overly impressed with this offering from NC, unfortunately.
It looks really dark orange, almost looks like a killer DIPA! That's throwing me off a little.
I ain't picking up a whole lot in the nose either, although that may be from my allergies.
Tastes really good! Get a lot from the orange peel and coriander, there's a lingering bitterness on the tip of my tongue too.
Not a lot of carbonation that I usually expect from a Belgian. Still a decently easy drinking beer.
Overall, like I said I wasn't impressed, perhaps because I expected something different.

3.88/5  rDev +1.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

Sampling a cellar temp bottle poured into a snifter. The beer pours a bright orange to copper color with fizzy bleached white head of 2 cm that fades to an edge layer immediately after the pour.
Aroma is slightly spicy with a mix of sweet sugary malt mixed in for good measure. There is a bit of citrus and orange peel on the nose which is not expected but pleasant.
First sip reveals an average body with a slightly sticky texture and fine, gentle carbonation. I do get a nice sweet flavor with light fruitiness and some coriander and orange again but overall general sweet notes. There is some booze on the finish as the bottle warms, but in general this beer drinks very easy for a 9% ABV bottle. Enjoyable and well made, worth a shot but not mind blowing.

4.08/5  rDev +6.5%

3.69/5  rDev -3.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

3.83/5  rDev 0%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

On draft, in shaker pint glass.

Hazy orange golden. White head. Aroma is a bit spicy and herbal. Biscuit malt flavor with Belgian yeast esters. Medium body.

3.65/5  rDev -4.7%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

4.05/5  rDev +5.7%

3.03/5  rDev -20.9%

Not my style but got a bomber as a gift so wanted to give it a go. To me, this has a dry champagne taste. I can endure a glass but no way I'm killing this bottle.

3.51/5  rDev -8.4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

3.84/5  rDev +0.3%