I'll Have What She's Having | Evil Genius Beer Company

Style: American Double / Imperial Stout

Chocolate Hazelnut Imperial Stout clocking in at 9.4%

Added by alcohline_trip on 02-13-2015

4.9/5  rDev +26.6%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A little on the sweet side.
All flavors named are accounted for.
Doesn't drink too heavy.

4.81/5  rDev +24.3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

4.75/5  rDev +22.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Exceptional taste, aroma and feel! Definate chocolate hints with a smooth finish!

4.74/5  rDev +22.5%

The aromas are just what they should be for a Chocolate Hazelnut Stout, and it has an appealing blend of both chocolate and hazelnut. I will be looking to have this beer again .Poured into a glass it is almost black with a camel color head. Very good.

4.67/5  rDev +20.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

4.66/5  rDev +20.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.75

4.56/5  rDev +17.8%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

L - Black pour with a deep tan head most of which dissipated fairly quickly leaving about a millimeter of foam as I am drinking it.

S - Vanilla , cacao nibs & a touch of hazelnut on the nose. Quite pleasant but a bit sweet.

T - Strong hazelnut on the tongue but also has that chocolate & vanilla from the nose. A bit of biter dark chocolate at the end but no hoppy bitterness.

F - Such a smooth mouthfeel. Virtually no noticeable alcohol considering this is a 9.4% ABV beer. Creamy but a bit thin for an Imperial Stout. If this was a different style of beer I would rate it higher for mouthfeel.

4.53/5  rDev +17.1%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Chocolate and hoppy. Wow didn't expect that! But I like it. Very light for a stout and with all that hops I don't know if I'd really call it a stout. Whatever you call it its delicious.

4.52/5  rDev +16.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

A: [4.50] Nice black pour with about 1/2 a finger of tan head. Looks a bit like a dessert in the glass. The bottle lists the ABV (9.4%) and the born on date (12/22/15). As an aside I will say that I really like the name. And I really like the Evil Genius logo - it is clever.

S: [4.25] Dark chocolate and vanilla (continuing the dessert theme).

T: [4.75] Wow I get a lot of the hazelnut and it was not on the nose. It is nutty and flavorful and takes the front seat on the flavor. After the hazelnut I am getting the nice vanilla notes. I get some bitter chocolate late.

M: [4.25] Smooth and creamy with no hint of the 9.4% alcohol. There is some mild bitterness on the end that is from hops or a bitter chocolate flavor. Overall really nice body.

O: [4.50] This is a great beer. The flavors are rich and robust. The hazelnut and vanilla flavors really shine through. It tastes fantastic and the body is smooth and nice to drink. This is my first Evil Genius beer but hopefully not my last!

4.52/5  rDev +16.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.5/5  rDev +16.3%

4.49/5  rDev +16%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.47/5  rDev +15.5%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A deep black draft pour with small white head at Capone's in Norriton, PA. Nutty chocolate aroma with a superb rich hazelnut and chocolate taste, this is a well balanced easy drinking brew. I didn't notice any metallic finish as others have noted, but perhaps the draft version is better than the bottle. I liked it enough to pick up a six pack.

4.45/5  rDev +15%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

4.43/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.5

Poured into a standard pint.

Borderline pitch black stout with solid, continuous lining. Great 'off-brown' head.

Smells like Nutella. I love it.

A rather creamy, somewhat heavy milky stout with a solid Nutella-sequel flavor. A good flavored stout. Borderline warm milkshake feel is somewhat off.

4.43/5  rDev +14.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Wonderful chocolate and hazelnut flavors with just enough bitterness to balance, smooth creamy mouthfeel, and zero alcohol noticeable. Just a terrific all around beer.

4.42/5  rDev +14.2%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

4.41/5  rDev +14%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.39/5  rDev +13.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

4.39/5  rDev +13.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

4.36/5  rDev +12.7%

This beer is frickin delicious

4.35/5  rDev +12.4%

What a weekend! I felt a cold coming on when I returned home on Friday and so I decided to ensconce myself at Chez Woody to watch hockey and reduce the backlog. This beer came home with me from The Fridge and is an intriguing addition to the weekend.

From the bottle: "Chocolate Hazelnut Imperial Stout". Whee!

Having Pop!ped the cap, I decided to again see what I might net with an aggro pour. Once more, I had to back off, but the net result was a finger-and-a-half of dense, rocky, deep-tan head with great retention. Color was likewise easy - Black/Opaque (SRM = 44) since there was precisely ZERO light penetration. Nose smelled like hazelnut coffee. I am a huge fan of coffee, having retired as a U.S. Navy sailor over sixteen years ago, but flavored coffees do not do it for me, except blended with regular coffee. Just sayin'. Mouthfeel was thick, full, creamy, like a big dollop on my tongue! Jesus, this plus 9.4%. I may have to give up sooner than I had intended. The taste was like a Cadbury Fruit & Nut bar in that it was chocolaty, nutty and even with some notes of dried, dark fruits. Mmm. If I keep up like this, they are going to revoke my Hophead status! The lacing that was beginning to appear was going to require a jackhammer to remove. Finish was semi-sweet and the brewers should be applauded for keeping this in check. It could have been wildly over the top and totally undrinkable, but it was really good. That said, it was more of a one-and-done for me, probably better suited as a dessert beer.

4.35/5  rDev +12.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.25

4.31/5  rDev +11.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.3/5  rDev +11.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

I'll Have What She's Having from Evil Genius Beer Company